1st T20 New Zealand v Australia Feb 21 1640hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand from, Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Tim Seifert, Rachin Ravindra, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Josh Clarkson, Mitchell Santner (c), Matt Henry, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Trent Boult
Australia from, Mitchell Marsh (c), Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Spencer Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

New Zealand from, Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Tim Seifert, Rachin Ravindra, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Josh Clarkson, Mitchell Santner (c), Matt Henry, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Trent Boult
Australia from, Mitchell Marsh (c), Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Spencer Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
4 players to miss out?Perhaps Inglis,Short,Smith and Johnson.Not sure what way the Aust.selectors will go.

Inglis won't miss.
Wade is unavailable for the first game.

I think he's pretty much a lock anyway at this stage.
Personally I think we best move on from Wade and look at the future but not sure about Inglis as a opener.Suppose it would be Inglis or Head but top 4 you would think would be either one of these 2 followed by Marsh and Maxwell at 4.

Personally I think we best move on from Wade and look at the future but not sure about Inglis as a opener.Suppose it would be Inglis or Head but top 4 you would think would be either one of these 2 followed by Marsh and Maxwell at 4.

Personally prefer Inglis at 4, and he scored a ton against India there. I like Maxwell at 5. Goodness knows why Smith is there again.

Personally prefer Inglis at 4, and he scored a ton against India there. I like Maxwell at 5. Goodness knows why Smith is there again.
Not sure Smith will be in the starting 11,whether Maxwell bats 4 or 5 would depend on how many overs bowled I would think and of cause the run rate.

Not sure Smith will be in the starting 11,whether Maxwell bats 4 or 5 would depend on how many overs bowled I would think and of cause the run rate.

A middle of Marsh/Inglis/Maxwell would float up and down depending on where the game was.

Then you look at your best 3 finishers at 6 to 8. Stoinis is probably one, purely as he can bowl. Have no idea on the other two. The WC is this year so maybe we keep Wade as one. Is David a certain selection no idea, he'd be one of a number of options in that 3rd position

A middle of Marsh/Inglis/Maxwell would float up and down depending on where the game was.

Then you look at your best 3 finishers at 6 to 8. Stoinis is probably one, purely as he can bowl. Have no idea on the other two. The WC is this year so maybe we keep Wade as one. Is David a certain selection no idea, he'd be one of a number of options in that 3rd position
The last game bringing Maxwell in at 5 with 16 runs required per over and only 8 overs to go was a bad move even it was a dead rubber.

Short deserves a few goes to open given how much he dominates BBL. Inglis shouldn't have overtaken him as opener, he can bat 4.

I'd go Short, Head, Marsh, Inglis, Maxwell

The last game bringing Maxwell in at 5 with 16 runs required per over and only 8 overs to go was a bad move even it was a dead rubber.

That's why you float your middle order, he should have been in at 4 (at the latest) in that game

Short deserves a few goes to open given how much he dominates BBL. Inglis shouldn't have overtaken him as opener, he can bat 4.

I'd go Short, Head, Marsh, Inglis, Maxwell

We tried Short in India, huge problem he's abysmal against spin. He has to face them straight up in t20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or as you posted most likely should have opened with that large total they were chasing.

Correct. Honestly the best batting lineups in a t20 are flexible ones. Sure you list players where they are but you adhere to the circumstances.

short can only open in this format that's his issue...fighting with head warner for the position

Among others too, dare I say it Green too. Cam's best t20 knocks in the IPL were at no3 (and he basically opened as their side had a chump opening who never lasted long)

Give a guy a chance, he's dominated seasons here which Inglis hasn't. Plus NZ isn't India

WC is in an area spin will play a massive role whether you like it or not you have to be playing spin at an elite level

It'll be interesting to see what sort of reception David Warner will get from the NZ cricket spectators in his final games for Australia. Remember Greg Matthews got a hostile welcome from the Kiwis on the 1986 tour, when a spectator threw a toilet seat towards Matthews while he was in an ODI match.

After what Marsh has just said the top 6 for game 1 will be Warner,Head,Marsh,Maxwell,Inglis and David but agree with what you have said depending what stage the game is at the top 6 could change during the game.

After what Marsh has just said the top 6 for game 1 will be Warner,Head,Marsh,Maxwell,Inglis and David but agree with what you have said depending what stage the game is at the top 6 could change during the game.
Yep
Agree with that top 6.

Can't believe Smith is there TBH.

I'd have someone like Beau Webster there every day of the week.

Yep
Agree with that top 6.

Can't believe Smith is there TBH.

I'd have someone like Beau Webster there every day of the week.

Webster for me and it’s a gut feel here, he’ll be a very good state cricketer

Like that the series is mixed format with the ODIs tbh, bit sad that we barely play NZ in bilateral series anymore though, we barely play them again for the rest of this current FTP.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of reception David Warner will get from the NZ cricket spectators in his final games for Australia. Remember Greg Matthews got a hostile welcome from the Kiwis on the 1986 tour, when a spectator threw a toilet seat towards Matthews while he was in an ODI match.
he's gonna cop it

Back