1st Test New Zealand v Australia Feb 29-Mar 4 0830hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You are really overestimating the Black Caps importance. New Zealand is a tiny market at the end of the day that has shown that they only care about Test Cricket so much.
I think new Zealand bat above their average when you consider their population. They were a bees dick away from winning a world cup. Vic, NSW and Queensland all have greater populations than New Zealand. IMO they also aren't as passionate for cricket as Australia or other cricket nations. So there shouldn't be much expectation on them.

You could play NRL on the moon and it's still a crap sport & no one cares.

Nothing but a crowd of expats & those who travelled over.
These games are just glorified jolly boys trips. I think thirteen of the players had to get special exemptions on their visas because they have a criminal record.

These games are just glorified jolly boys trips. I think thirteen of the players had to get special exemptions on their visas because they have a criminal record.
The stadium is half full. RL kid themselves their sport is at all interesting to the yanks. It's is a circus in the city of circuses.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The stadium is half full. RL kid themselves their sport is at all interesting to the yanks. It's is a circus in the city of circuses.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You know some bright spark at the AFL is watching these games and thinking "Just maybe..."

Well done Nathan Lyon.Despite NZ having a decent Cricket side most of this century.Test wins against Australia are extremely rare.

Why bother? No one cares about AFL in the USA or anywhere else outside of Australia.

Am I doing this right?
The VFL exhibition matches in Toronto in the late 80's got some ok crowds. Assuming "no one cares" is the easy route. Bit of decent marketing in the lead up could make it work.

Yep. Batting is a huge problem. Don't know what to do with it. Top order outside of Cam ageing or horribly out of form and 5-7 is not test standard.
Yes, tough when your only batters in form are your two all-rounders. Not to mention from this Test your no.10 and 11 as well. That's where it stops.

Yes, tough when your only batters in form are your two all-rounders. Not to mention from this Test your no.10 and 11 as well. That's where it stops.
Thankfully we have one of the great bowling quartets to have played the game - whatever the opposition bowls us out for, I back our bowlers to bowl them out for less. The batting inadequacies will be highlighted more when these great bowlers retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inglis 72*. Having a good game.

Carey surely on borrowed time. Averaging 25 his last 17 tests with 4 fifties.

Back