New Zealand v South Africa (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to figure out which upset would be the bigger one, this SA game versus NZ 2nd test or the West Indies knocking off Australia at the GABBA?

I feel this might even be a 3rd string SA side, given all the majority of the players in SA20. Or maybe South African cricket is strong at the moment?

Trying to figure out which upset would be the bigger one, this SA game versus NZ 2nd test or the West Indies knocking off Australia at the GABBA?

I feel this might even be a 3rd string SA side, given all the majority of the players in SA20. Or maybe South African cricket is strong at the moment?

West Indies’ attack had two relatively seasoned bowlers and a veteran opening batsman and a reasonably experienced keeper.

SA doesn’t really have any of that, but they DO have a virtual squad of very seasoned domestic players and their opposition probably isn’t as strong

It’s a close call

checks the scores

Embarrassing. West Indies at least had somewhat of a full strength side when touring Australia. South Africa sent over their C-side and they might just pull off a win here.

The two guys batting now, Bedingham and Petersen, would be in their A side, they aren't C standard batsmen.

The two guys batting now, Bedingham and Petersen, would be in their A side, they aren't C standard batsmen.

Of course, but most of the rest are fill-ins because of SA20 responsibilities.

NZ shouldn't have fallen short in their first innings either with the inexperienced bowling attack of SA.

Bedingham has only played 3 tests,Petersen 13.Hopefully Bedingham can get his 1st test ton here.Not sure how many of the remaining 9 have played,if any.Would think SA would need a big lead with their in experienced bowling attack though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, but this would be a much bigger upset IMO

SA's Captain on debut, and basically no experience in the team. There bowling attack is genuinely 4th XI, which shows how remarkable this result would be

The Windies although having a very raw squad, still had proven international cricketers, Brathwaite, Da Silva, Joseph and Roach

Anyone know why Petersen has batted at 6 this series? Probably their 2nd best bat, and if I recall correctly was batting at 3 last year

Bedingham bringing up his first test ton, he looks like a quality player.

I would like to see him back in the sheds though.

I'd also like to see him back in the sheds after he makes 300* when SA declare with a 500 run lead.

If SA can pull it off, would be a good result for us considering WTC standings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back