Test New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Technically this tour had 3 ODIs as well but they played those before the World Cup.

Test cricket is back though after a 4 month hiatus. The last Test played was the 5th Test of the Ashes back in July.

Bangladesh won the toss in the 1st Test and are batting.

Bangladesh playing XI: 1 Mahmudul Hasan Joy, 2 Zakir Hasan, 3 Najmul Hossain Shanto (c), 4 Mominul Haque, 5 Mushfiqur Rahim, 6 Nurul Hasan (wk), 7 Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 8 Nayeem Hasan 9 Taijul Islam, 10 Shoriful Islam, 11 Shahadat Hossain

New Zealand playing XI: 1 Tom Latham, 2 Devon Conway, 3 Kane Williamson, 4 Henry Nicholls, 5 Daryl Mitchell, 6 Tom Blundell (wk), 7 Glenn Phillips, 8 Kyle Jamieson, 9 Ish Sodhi, 10 Tim Southee (c), 11 Ajaz Patel

Coverage via the Rabbitholebd Sports page on YouTube

Henry Nicholls will be looking for a big performance to repay NZ cricket after they swept his ball tampering under the carpet.

Ajaz making the breakthrough for NZ by bowling Hasan.

Very strange selection. Haven't seen any explanation. Must be injured/sick.

His test record so far isn't that good so I think he has just been overlooked but I would still prefer him in the test team to Nicholls.

Ajaz making the breakthrough for NZ by bowling Hasan.

His test record so far isn't that good so I think he has just been overlooked but I would still prefer him in the test team to Nicholls.
Nicholls has started the FC season well with a couple of ton's. Seems undroppable, even though he never seems to do very well away from NZ (ave 48 at home, 22 away)

I dunno, after his WC I'd be picking Ravindra over Philips or Nicholls.

Bangladesh getting on top with this partnership, we need a wicket or two soon.

I think they just went for Philips instead.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I think they wanted Phillips in the team for his off spinners against the Bangladesh left handers and he's a handy batsman as well.

Bangladesh getting on top with this partnership, we need a wicket or two soon.

Yeah I think they wanted Phillips in the team for his off spinners against the Bangladesh left handers and he's a handy batsman as well.
Well, not a bad start with the 2 wickets & a great catch by Blundell to get the second one.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing that we couldn't bowl Bangladesh out before stumps but a pretty good fightback from our bowlers after they were 180/2 just before tea.

We need to wrap their innings up quickly tomorrow and get a decent first innings lead, the pitch is turning already so we won't want to be chasing much in the second innings.

Lots of starts then getting out from NZ's batsmen so far.

Steady the Ship doing what he usually does. Mitchell looking aggressive but needs to stick around, big partnership this one.

Poor from Mitchell that. Gave it away.

It's starting to turn a lot and we are still along way behind. Needed to hang in there.

With how much the pitch is starting to turn we need a first innings lead but that is looking doubtful now.

Williamson needs to score a ton and get some good support from Blundell and Phillips if we are going to make it past Bangladesh's total.

With how much the pitch is starting to turn we need a first innings lead but that is looking doubtful now.

Williamson needs to score a ton and get some good support from Blundell and Phillips if we are going to make it past Bangladesh's total.
Yep, just need to grind while they are bowling well. Stay there long enough and the runs will come.

I dare say it will be easier to day now than in the 4th innings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back