2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

54.2 and 54.3 were my favourite balls of the test.

They were the ones that got the NZ commentators so excited. Filled them with so much hope.

Go watch them again Plugger.
Yea what the #### was up with us having to put up with them? They make Ian Smith seem reasonable (where Australia's concerned I'd argue he isn't). Embarrassingly excited at the wickets. Behaved like they were at a funeral otherwise while a visiting team chased down 280 after being 5-80.

What he’s saying is that it’s important to play the game in the right way to encourage younger kids to play the sport.

Cool. I get it.

But it has been, is, and always will be about winning.
Which he does mention "Although we didn’t get the win that we wanted".

Wull, after ell the hype about Glinn Phullups and Mett Hinry it's the
Aussies guttting the wun.

The New Zulland Bleck Ceps heff to be dusappointed wuth thet iffort, ispucially as they were un a wunning pusition.

Elex Carry sumply brulliant and Pet Cummuns showed why he uz such a great ceptunn.

It's a better pull for the Kiwis to swallow and they'll hope to do bitter nixt time

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The New Zulland Bleck Ceps heff to be dusappointed wuth thet iffort, ispucially as they were un a wunning pusition.

Elex Carry sumply brulliant and Pet Cummuns showed why he uz such a great ceptunn.

It's a better pull for the Kiwis to swallow and they'll hope to do bitter nixt time

Very good Luther allmost a different language

Where did I say that?

I simply pointed out the stupidity of calling them a minnow.
Because we somehow could also be considered minnows despite being the most successful team in the formats history.

Yep, another great point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s like blaming a football team’s 5 point defeat on a player who kicks 8 goals because he missed two shots in the final quarter.

How do you ascribe a loss to a player whose contribution is the only reason you had a chance in the first place.
Simple. When the game was there to be won, he could not find the way to get it done. It’s like when Tom Hawkins wins the Coleman in 2020, but can only kick 1.2 in the granny against Richmond. His goal kicking got them there but when the crunch time came he could only muster a few rushed snaps from the pocket.

Simple. When the game was there to be won, he could not find the way to get it done. It’s like when Tom Hawkins wins the Coleman in 2020, but can only kick 1.2 in the granny against Richmond. His goal kicking got them there but when the crunch time came he could only muster a few rushed snaps from the pocket.

lol, yes it was just him that cost us the grand final.

No you’re right it would have been much closer had Smith not made any at all.

Sorry, who knocked off India in the Test championship the World Cup Final (in their own backyard) and throw in the U19 World Cup Final if you like. We would be the last country they would be calling minnows.

It was a reference solely to red ball cricket but yes the WTC (which admittedly I forgot) has already been brought to my attention twice

Well done to the Bison, Alex Carey and the skipper for standing tall and getting the side home. It was important for this team to win a series away from home for the first time in 2 years. After blowing opportunities to win test series away to Sri Lanka and England as well as at home to the West Indies, this team seized the opportunity to win a tricky series. I have some empathy for New Zealand as I support a team that doesn't truly believe they can beat the All Blacks and I'd say that the Black Caps truly don't believe that they can beat Australia in a test match.

Well done to the Bison, Alex Carey and the skipper for standing tall and getting the side home. It was important for this team to win a series away from home for the first time in 2 years. After blowing opportunities to win test series away to Sri Lanka and England as well as at home to the West Indies, this team seized the opportunity to win a tricky series. I have some empathy for New Zealand as I support a team that doesn't truly believe they can beat the All Blacks and I'd say that the Black Caps truly don't believe that they can beat Australia in a test match.

I’m not even sure after today whether it’s a question of belief, it’s simply not knowing how.
That might sound odd considering they have beaten most teams at least in matches if not series but it looked like when a few doubts crept in - which admittedly DO come from that lack of belief - they just didn’t KNOW how to kill the game. Williamson wasn’t offering meaningful insight from the looks of it, they didn’t seem to have concerted plans, they didn’t have smart fields, they couldn’t slow momentum, they didn’t have a default mode to go into like a good professional winning team should. They looked rudderless. Maybe that did owe to a lack of belief who knows

If anyone thinks the kiwi commentators are parochial just listen to the crap we get here on 7 and fox.

Richie, Tony Bill and chappelli were fantastic in they knew every player from every team and loved cricket more than barracking.

The Aussies need to give bailey the arse as chief selector, he just goes with the players. I could never imagine any other selectors saying but ab wants to open so we will, or tugga or punter. All these guys went down the order near the end, not open against the new ball.

Smith has to bat at 5, head 4 and green 3 with marnus out and Bancroft open.

Back