New Zealand v South Africa (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Test • Mount Maunganui, February 04 - 08, 2024
2nd Test • Hamilton, February 13 - 17, 2024

New Zealand: Tim Southee (c) Tom Blundell (wk) Devon Conway Matt Henry Kyle Jamieson Tom Latham (wk) Daryl Mitchell William O'Rourke Glenn Phillips Rachin Ravindra Mitchell Santner Neil Wagner Kane Williamson Will Young
South Africa: Neil Brand (c) David Bedingham Ruan de Swardt Clyde Fortuin (wk) Zubayr Hamza Edward Moore Tshepo Moreki Mihlali Mpongwana Duanne Olivier Dane Paterson Keegan Petersen Dane Piedt Raynard van Tonder Shaun von Berg Khaya Zondo

Yes this fateful series has started

Streaming: Kayo and Foxtel

It is odd the Test stars weren't released, SA20 is almost over, they would have missed a game or 2 each + the finals.

jeepers SA bowling attack looks slow, credit to them getting two wickets before lunch. williamson and rav should go on and make 200's to be fair.

somehow NZ need to move conway down the order.has had success as a opener but feel he has more to offer in his lean patch

jeepers SA bowling attack looks slow, credit to them getting two wickets before lunch. williamson and rav should go on and make 200's to be fair.

somehow NZ need to move conway down the order.has had success as a opener but feel he has more to offer in his lean patch

Ravindra opens in their first class game, you could almost do a straight swap

I'm pleased to see Ravindra in the NZ test side. He looked absolute class in the ODI world cup. The Saffers must have leaked their first and second XI to the domestic T20 league.

They are fielding a second XI and still have to operate within the confines of their quota system it is worth remembering
Could you even call it a second XI? The only player in their lineup that's familiar to me is Peterson, and I watch a fair bit of international cricket including parts of the recent SA v India test series.

Could you even call it a second XI? The only player in their lineup that's familiar to me is Peterson, and I watch a fair bit of international cricket including parts of the recent SA v India test series.

Well probably not because logically their next 11 players would be in calculation for franchise contention as well, at any rate they’ve picked 11 guys who are there and even then they have to strike an appropriate balance in terms of their backgrounds and so far they have a reasonably good team on their home ground 2-84 after 30-odd overs so they’re doing an ok job of nothing else

Probably between a 2nd & 3rd XI...Bedingham debuted in the India series & Oliver/Paterson have played tests before as well...I believe those 2 bowlers answered an SOS from the coach to play, even tho they were told it's most likely only going to be for this series.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of NZ's grounds have that traditional cricket ground look & feel about them...It's annoying Australia don't tour there more often for test matches.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
its also annoying that australia is obsessed with hosting cricket matches in giant arenas when we're happy if we can get 20k through the gate most of the time.

thank god this is only two tests this bowling attack wouldn't bowl out the redbacks. good 100's by williamson and rav in saying that. heck of 12 months for rav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back