Test New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a few guys coming through.
Have a look at their T20I series against the UAE earlier this year.
Who from that series are you talking about? Chapman being one I take it. Also Ashok? Seifert?

Chapman will probably also get a run in the test team at some point. There's also South Africa I guess

Who from that series are you talking about? Chapman being one I take it. Also Ashok? Seifert?

Chapman will probably also get a run in the test team at some point. There's also South Africa I guess
Speaking of which Foxcroft has recently become eligible for NZ, but doesn't seem to be doing much after getting talked up.

Most of the uncapped players in that UAE series were 30+. You're right about Chapman, he's probably the next one in, but is soon 30. Muhammad Abbas from Wellington looks promising. Finn Allen another, but he's more a T20 slogger. Desperately need a couple of youngish seamers.

And Ravindra simply has to be in the 2nd test side. Ideally for Nicholls.

Work got me do do some research on the SuperSmash last season, unfortunately not getting the same role for this season.
But most of the names that were good in that speace are all about 30+ , which is annoying.

Here's a good list

Most of the uncapped players in that UAE series were 30+. You're right about Chapman, he's probably the next one in, but is soon 30. Muhammad Abbas from Wellington looks promising. Finn Allen another, but he's more a T20 slogger. Desperately need a couple of youngish seamers.
Finn Allen is very hit and miss, not consistent enough for my liking.
Chapman, I still need to look into.
Michael Bracewell should have been in the WC squad
And the roughie I would say is Katene Clarke in white ball, he has been playing Minor League Cricket this year as well

Yep, lots of revisionism went on with McCullum.

But it’s not if you actually step back a bit. I won’t comment on the politics of the captaincy stuff etc but as far as his cricketing reputation goes, McCullum himself actually acknowledged that HE had done many things on the field that he was uncomfortable with culminating with and highlighted by that abysmal incident where they ran out Murali when he simply left his crease to go and celebrate a teammate’s (Sangakkara’s?) century.

When he gave that Spirit of Cricket lecture he wasn’t giving it from a standpoint of a cleanskin, he was giving it from a standpoint of someone who had recognised that he had led a team in a direction that he was no longer comfortable with and he wanted to change that.

I dont see an issue with that.

New Zealand has won one series out of their last 8 now (at home vs Sri Lanka)

Highlights a bit of a lifelong trend in NZ cricket; they rarely (in my lifetime anyway) seem to be far away from getting to the stage of being competitive with the good sides or building a competitive team, but the instant they get there, that’s it, they seem to have to start all over again.

But it’s not if you actually step back a bit. I won’t comment on the politics of the captaincy stuff etc but as far as his cricketing reputation goes, McCullum himself actually acknowledged that HE had done many things on the field that he was uncomfortable with culminating with and highlighted by that abysmal incident where they ran out Murali when he simply left his crease to go and celebrate a teammate’s (Sangakkara’s?) century.

When he gave that Spirit of Cricket lecture he wasn’t giving it from a standpoint of a cleanskin, he was giving it from a standpoint of someone who had recognised that he had led a team in a direction that he was no longer comfortable with and he wanted to change that.

I dont see an issue with that.
Yeah that's fair enough.

Probably my own bias a bit as I never warmed to him as a player - too much of the "that's the way I play" crap after failing ( The 2015 WC final for example, which was disgraceful) and knifing Ross Taylor.

Work got me do do some research on the SuperSmash last season, unfortunately not getting the same role for this season.
But most of the names that were good in that speace are all about 30+ , which is annoying.

Here's a good list

Finn Allen is very hit and miss, not consistent enough for my liking.
Chapman, I still need to look into.
Michael Bracewell should have been in the WC squad
And the roughie I would say is Katene Clarke in white ball, he has been playing Minor League Cricket this year as well
He did his achilles didn't he?

2nd Test about to start.

Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat. They're unchanged.

New Zealand have made one change and they've brought in the all-rounder who bowls left arm orthodox spin that most NZ fans have been calling for. Yep that's right it's Mitch Santner in for Sodhi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8th handled ball dismissal in history...The ball wasn't anywhere near the stumps either...Mushfiqur will be kicking himself for that brain fade.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The scorecard actually says the dismissal is obstructing the field...Handled ball is only when you touch it when it's going near the stumps?

The scorecard actually says the dismissal is obstructing the field...Handled ball is only when you touch it when it's going near the stumps?

Handled the ball was rolled into the obstructing the field rule several years ago and is no longer a separate method of dismissal. I only learnt that during the World Cup when Mathews was timed out and I was reading about the less common dismissal methods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back