2nd T20 New Zealand v Australia Feb 23 1640hrs @ Eden Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We're missing 4 of our best batsmen in Conway, Ravindra, Williamson and Mitchell, not to mention Neesham as well.

Well done on beating our 2nd strength batting line up that is a batsman short.
We could've had Starc and Warner anyway.

Thing is, when you're no good, I suppose you're no good.

Why aren't they playing?

They are all out injured or in the case of Williamson being rested, Conway was playing today until he got injured.

Doing a Plugger, we were missing our three best batting, Warner, Marnus, and Usman, doesn't matter one rested, and two don't play T20, just pluck names out of your arse for an excuse or argument.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Australia have better depth than us as you would expect when you have 5 times the population as NZ.

India have better depth than both Australia and NZ due to having a much bigger population too, it's nothing to brag about.

Genuine question - why is Matthew Wade in the team with Inglis in the squad?

You mean why is Ingils in the team with Wade in the squad?

They are all out injured or in the case of Williamson being rested, Conway was playing today until he got injured.

Australia have better depth than us as you would expect when you have 5 times the population as NZ.

India have better depth than both Australia and NZ due to having a much bigger population too, it's nothing to brag about.
Yes, but we still beat India, winning two world championships last year. England's population is more than twice ours, more when they rope in players from everywhere else, but consistently beat them, home or away. If NZ choose to rest Williamson, then bad luck, Aus can only play against who they play. NZ punch way above their weight in many sports, but they just doing very well in T20 at this time. They are the home team, and have all the advantages.

Yes, but we still beat India, winning two world championships last year. England's population is more than twice ours, more when they rope in players from everywhere else, but consistently beat them, home or away. If NZ choose to rest Williamson, then bad luck, Aus can only play against who they play. NZ punch way above their weight in many sports, but they just doing very well in T20 at this time. They are the home team, and have all the advantages.

We should've won the first game from the position we were in with a couple of overs to go, we blew it with some dumb bowling and fielding.

I wasn't surprised we lost tonight though even after restricting Australia to 174, our batting was already weak and losing Conway just made it even weaker.

Does anyone legitimately beat NZ or St Kilda?

Surprised scores by both teams so low on a small ground.

It didn't look like an easy batting pitch despite the short boundaries, there was a fair bit in it for the bowlers tonight.

A flat deck at Eden Park you would expect scores to be over 200, it might be flatter when they play there on Sunday.

That was a close finish. I wonder if Plugger35 is going to explain that New Zealand were right in it up to the last ball and anything could happen for the rest of the series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

52 metre boundary at one end is ludicrous for an International.
I'll take "grounds that aren't fit for international cricket for $500"
Answer: A garbage ground with baby's first boundaries and my host country claims has an atmosphere that trumps is ridiculous size and stupid pitch."

"What is Eden Park"

We should've won the first game from the position we were in with a couple of overs to go, we blew it with some dumb bowling and fielding.

I wasn't surprised we lost tonight though even after restricting Australia to 174, our batting was already weak and losing Conway just made it even weaker.
"It took you until the last ball to beat us with a misfield from Phillips, you got a lucky win tonight and there are still two more games to go.

I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.
" - P35 from game 1.

"I wasn't surprised we lost tonight though." - P35 from game 2

Seems a little less legit than you think it sounds.

"It took you until the last ball to beat us with a misfield from Phillips, you got a lucky win tonight and there are still two more games to go.

I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.
" - P35 from game 1.

"I wasn't surprised we lost tonight though." - P35 from game 2

Seems a little less legit than you think it sounds.

I wasn't expecting us to lose our two best batsmen from game 1 in Conway and Ravindra for game 2, that made a big difference tonight.

Plugger isn't wrong- NZ were missing 3 of their best t20 bats and Conway's early absence hurt them big time. Still, that was a measly target imo and Santner wasting the powerplay was indicative of their muddled thinking.

I wasn't expecting us to lose our two best batsmen from game 1 in Conway and Ravindra for game 2, that made a big difference tonight.

We should've won both games.

Huge choke in game 1 along with some poor choices by Santner on who the last 3 overs were bowled and weak a effort batting 2nd last night after a fantastic comeback from the early Australian onslaught.

Australia too good, as always it seems.

I like Inglis opening, a left right combo in t20 is so valuable. Important you can play with a straight bat when the ball is doing a bit and score along the ground during the powerplay. He's strong off the back foot too

Does anyone legitimately beat NZ or St Kilda?

Very rarely, both teams usually come away with a moral victory even if they lose on the scoreboard.
Moral victories are nice but both the NZ cricket team and St Kilda have a trophy cabinet chock full of nothing.

End of story/

I like Inglis opening, a left right combo in t20 is so valuable. Important you can play with a straight bat when the ball is doing a bit and score along the ground during the powerplay. He's strong off the back foot too
Give Maxwell a rest game 3 and play Short.Would think Warner would play as well.

Back