• Royal Challengers Bangalore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up Warriorz

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The penultimate game of the WPL . Game 19

Royal Challengers Bangalore Women (Playing XI): Smriti Mandhana(c), Sophie Devine, Ellyse Perry, Heather Knight, Richa Ghosh(w), Kanika Ahuja, Shreyanka Patil, Disha Kasat, Megan Schutt, Asha Shobana, Preeti Bose

Mumbai Indians Women (Playing XI): Hayley Matthews, Yastika Bhatia(w), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Amelia Kerr, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Dhara Gujjar, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque

Mumbai Indians Women have won the toss and have opted to field

RCB dont have much to play for, except pride. So they might not be under so much pressure and be able to play with a bit of free will.

Mumbai will be expected to win and chase down runs quickly in order to make up for NRR. But the first focus be to win the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game 20 and last regular season match

UP Warriorz (Playing XI): Shweta Sehrawat, Alyssa Healy(w/c), Kiran Navgire, Tahlia McGrath, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Simran Shaikh, Parshavi Chopra, Anjali Sarvani, Soppadhandi Yashasri, Shabnim Ismail

Delhi Capitals Women (Playing XI): Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Alice Capsey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Taniya Bhatia(w), Jess Jonassen, Radha Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, Shikha Pandey, Poonam Yadav

Delhi Capitals Women have won the toss and have opted to field

From what I have seen of this tournament, if you were look at batting, and how effective the Aussie batters have been , Id rank it:

1. Harris
2. Mc Grath
3. Lanning
4. Perry
5. Gardner

Healy I think had the 1 good game but thats about it. I feel like she is the type of player that would do well, chasing small targets or when there is less pressure more often than not. Another reason why I think Healy has struggled here is the quality of bowlers in this tournament are generally better bowlers than what you would get against international sides ( eg Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh and I probably put NZ in that category as well)

Ill also reinforce what I said about Deepti Sharma a bit earlier in this tournament, against beter bowling attacks she is getting out cheaply and struggling to push run rates up.

This tournament I think India as a national team may push her down the order. She clearly is not a top 6 or top 7 bat. Her role in the team would be purely as a specialsit bowler. But to call her an 'all-rounder' is talking her batting up.

God Australians are dominant 6/10 top run scorers which is great
This tournament has reinforced I guess how dominate their batting stocks are. I think the Indian commentators eg Harsha, even acknowledge how much more powerful, aggressive the Aussie batters are in this form. I think he brought up the topic how much I guess things like the weather, and Australia being very much an outdoorsy kind of country, as being of help (in a good way)

This tournament probably has also shown the fringe Indian batting isnt quite there yet but they have quite decent spinners in their ranks. You could for instance probably drop someone like Deepti Sharma in a national team for instance and find a player of a replaceable standard in their national set up.

And yeah moving ahead in future tournaments, I expect the batters from India to improve but how much of a gap that closes with the foreigners , will wait and see.

From what I have seen of this tournament, if you were look at batting, and how effective the Aussie batters have been , Id rank it:

1. Harris
2. Mc Grath
3. Lanning
4. Perry
5. Gardner

Healy I think had the 1 good game but thats about it. I feel like she is the type of player that would do well, chasing small targets or when there is less pressure more often than not. Another reason why I think Healy has struggled here is the quality of bowlers in this tournament are generally better bowlers than what you would get against international sides ( eg Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh and I probably put NZ in that category as well)
It will be interesting to see what the Giants think of Gardner's tournament, 204 runs and 10 wickets isn't a bad return. They will definitely be disappointed with her start to the tournament, she did get 2 golden ducks early, but she finished strongly with two excellent 50's. Her bowling was a little disappointing, finishing with an economy rate of 9.21 with the ball, which is about 3 runs an over more than her most recent WBBL season.

It will be interesting to see what the Giants think of Gardner's tournament, 204 runs and 10 wickets isn't a bad return. They will definitely be disappointed with her start to the tournament, she did get 2 golden ducks early, but she finished strongly with two excellent 50's. Her bowling was a little disappointing, finishing with an economy rate of 9.21 with the ball, which is about 3 runs an over more than her most recent WBBL season.
When call came to crunch in those earlier games, as an import player you need your batting players to stand up when it mattered. Unfortunately, she had a rusty start. Maybe you can put that batting rustiness due to her sort of batting lower in the Australian set up, i think she would often come in at around 5-7. For Gujarat im pretty sure she was batting alot earlier, and UP Warriorz tended to get not so great starts from their openers, so she would often have to build innings. In the Aussie setu up, she had a free licence to come in and go from ball one and power hit for quick runs.

I dont have the numbers on me but in terms of import performance as all rounders , Id have: Kapp, Ecclestone, Sciver-Brunt, Kerr, Hayley Matthews and maybe Capsey as players that contributed more for their teams in winning their teams games in this tournament.. Noticing also those all rounders are from Playoffs teams as well.

The Eliminator

Teams:

Mumbai Indians Women
(Playing XI): Hayley Matthews, Yastika Bhatia(w), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Melie Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque

UP Warriorz (Playing XI): Alyssa Healy(w/c), Shweta Sehrawat, Simran Shaikh, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Kiran Navgire, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Anjali Sarvani, Parshavi Chopra, Soppadhandi Yashasri

UP Warriorz have won the toss and have opted to field

Back