Shield Round 8: Western Australia vs Queensland, WACA, 1-4 March

Remove this Banner Ad

He's averaging 30 so going OK.

Whilst we keep winning series, or not losing them, people will be safe IMO.

Career average is somewhat irrelevant (unless you are a great)

His average since start of last year is 26

However his keeping has been first rate - so for me unless he really falls off a cliff or Inglis becomes irrepressible - he stays.

With 6 catches for the match - Bancroft sets the shield record catches in a season with 1/2 matches left

Takes it past a pretty phenom season from Handscomb who had 27 in 8 matches.

Both seasons pretty clear of next best at 23 (ignoring bancrofts 25 last season)

With Ingo keeping - you barely need to worry about a first slip.

Fantastic win against stubborn resistance. Goodwin's probably stiff not to get POTM, his century was made under a bit more pressure than Inglis, although Inglis was vital in both innings.

First innings scores are often more significant but Inglis had a pretty important 47 to go with his 100. Reckon it was the right call. Now on the prelim against Victoria. With NSW being held, just need a win or draw to make the final.

Hardie a chance to come back in? If so, Short to lose his spot or one out of Gannon, Stobo or Haskett perhaps?
If Hardie is fit then there’s no point in an extra bowler as he is quite a good bowler himself. Short would be handy at 7 playing an attacking role as a batsman

Wyllie didn’t play, he was just on field as a sub. Hardie was close to being fit for this game so you’d hope he’d be ready. Hardie in for one of the bowlers, Hackett I imagine.
Morris also needs to call me in.

Not much spoken about Corey Rocchiccioli in the media this season.

Has had an excellent year taking 37 wickets so far.
Is 4th on the list.
Backed up from 25 last season.

I know Todd Murphy seems to be next in line, but if Lyon did a hamstring tomorrow, it
would give the selectors something to think about I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back