Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Tasmania, The WACA, 21-25 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Game was lost last week when they f$$ked up losing to SA.

Really think they dropped there heads when wa won last week and Tassie lost the right to host the final
I really think their nutjob tactics wouldn't have mattered where the game was played.

We probably also went stale mid season waiting for the bigger prize.

I really think their nutjob tactics wouldn't have mattered where the game was played.

We probably also went stale mid season waiting for the bigger prize.
It was strange by Tassie......I was there on the first day

They won the toss and you would've thought they would be pumped up no Bangers Connolly debut...but that first sess no wickets ...Bell was all leg side Meredith not fired up....was strange.....lost the game there IMO

and then when they batted....chewed up too many balls had the 100overs too much in there mind I reckon ..screwed them up a bit

and I like Tassie reckon they played really good cricket throughout the year better than us. I was expecting a bit more from them

Cartwright with 149 runs across two innings and Gannon with match figures of 8/61 off 31 overs both more deserving of Motm over Whiteman imo.
A case can be made for all three. I would say, Gannon’s five wicket haul came in the second innings when the game was done, so he’s probably third in line. Whiteman scored a ton from the outset to give WA the advantage. A real captain’s knock when the game was there to be won. That said, WA’s first innings ebbed and flowed, it could have gone either way, and Cartwright’s 50 was important in getting WA to a competitive first innings total (as was Cooper’a 90) and his 94 effectively took the game away from Tassie. He’d have been my pick.

A case can be made for all three. I would say, Gannon’s five wicket haul came in the second innings when the game was done, so he’s probably third in line. Whiteman scored a ton from the outset to give WA the advantage. A real captain’s knock when the game was there to be won. That said, WA’s first innings ebbed and flowed, it could have gone either way, and Cartwright’s 50 was important in getting WA to a competitive first innings total (as was Cooper’a 90) and his 94 effectively took the game away from Tassie. He’d have been my pick.
also credit must go to short....parachuted in as an opener 50 in the first innings 30 odd in the 2nd ....did his job set up the platform for middle order

The depth in WA cricket must have the other states green with envy.

It's a massive tribute to the WA setup that the larger group of blokes are engaged with the setup and comfortable enough to perform whenever they get the tap on the shoulder.

I remember sledging Voges relentlessly in his first couple of years at the helm. It's fair to say he has been baking humble pies for quite some time now. Tastes delicious Adam - thank you!

also credit must go to short....parachuted in as an opener 50 in the first innings 30 odd in the 2nd ....did his job set up the platform for middle order
Shorts game made up for years of him pissing me off.
He was a bit of a selection masterstroke

It's a massive tribute to the WA setup that the larger group of blokes are engaged with the setup and comfortable enough to perform whenever they get the tap on the shoulder.

I remember sledging Voges relentlessly in his first couple of years at the helm. It's fair to say he has been baking humble pies for quite some time now. Tastes delicious Adam - thank you!
The depth really is good and I look forward to seeing who’s next.
On the flip side, and to play devils advocate, Wyllie and Fannings season were a huge concern. So much so we had to turn to Short to open.

I’d love to see Voges coach Australia in 5 years time, then have Turner coach WA.

Not sure it’s Voges

WA premier cricket is continuing to deliver

Matthews deserves as much credit as anyone , particular extracting value with far less resources

Tassie were pathetic , embarrassing really . Stuffed up game before v sa by preparing a green wicket then got them selves knocked over so loose home final and give wa the advantage, then deliver their worst performance all season

Well done WA

Awesome win! Far too good in the end for Tasmania with what was a complete performance really. Day one put the game in our favour and things only moved further in our favour with each session that followed.

To win the Shield this season is massive, particularly this season with some players unavailable for varying reasons. To have won three Sheffield Shields in a row is a massive achievement and one that underlines the effort of the group, both players, coaches and administration over recent years and is one that they can all be very proud of. :thumbsu:

Here's hoping for more success to come in the future. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back