Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Tasmania, The WACA, 21-25 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Not these days.

There used to be back in the 1980s when you had the likes of Michael Holding playing for Tassie and Ian Botham playing for Queensland.
It goes back prior to the 80s. Gary Sobers played for SA in the early 60s for instance.

Victoria is the only state that hasn't had an international import play for them to the best of my knowledge.

It goes back prior to the 80s. Gary Sobers played for SA in the early 60s for instance.

Victoria is the only state that hasn't had an international import play for them to the best of my knowledge.
Darren Pattinson played a few games after playing for the Poms. Fawad Ahmed's first year or two were technically international. Kellapotha last year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not these days.

There used to be back in the 1980s when you had the likes of Michael Holding playing for Tassie and Ian Botham playing for Queensland.

Johan Botha played for South Australia

There was the Zimbabwe exodus which saw Andy Flower (SA), Sean Ervine(WA) and Andy Blignaut(Tas) play in the shield

Murray Goodwin too, but he played for WA before be played for Zimbabwe

Younis Khan also played for SA

Johan Botha played for South Australia

There was the Zimbabwe exodus which saw Andy Flower (SA), Sean Ervine(WA) and Andy Blignaut(Tas) play in the shield

Murray Goodwin too, but he played for WA before be played for Zimbabwe

Younis Khan also played for SA

There were some Zimbabwe guys that came over to WA and played for my rugby club around the same time their cricketers defected here.

They didn't want to go back there, they said their country had turned into an absolute shitshow with Mugabe in charge.

Things seem to be better there now though since he kicked the bucket and the Zimbabwe cricket team is getting back on track again.

Great days play for WA.
Crucial opening session coming up for us tomorrow. Another 100 runs could almost ice this game for us.
Would be a big ask for Tasmania to make 500 in a day and a half.

3 down I think you can afford to be a bit more optimistic.

I'd say crucial was the first session today.
Every session is crucial.
First session day one with Whiteman and Short was crucial.
Coopers knock in the final session was crucial.
The bowling in the final session of day 2 was crucial.
Not crumbling in the middle session today was crucial.
Big day tomorrow…

Great days play for WA.
Crucial opening session coming up for us tomorrow. Another 100 runs could almost ice this game for us.
Would be a big ask for Tasmania to make 500 in a day and a half.

I'd bat until tea if possible, really kill the contest.

We don't have to chase the outright here, so only give Tassie the faintest of sniffs

I'd bat until tea if possible, really kill the contest.

We don't have to chase the outright here, so only give Tassie the faintest of sniffs
How cool would it be if we bat until tea? The lead would be 6 or even 700.
No chance Tasmania making 700 in a little over a day.
This could be a thrashing.

There were some Zimbabwe guys that came over to WA and played for my rugby club around the same time their cricketers defected here.

They didn't want to go back there, they said their country had turned into an absolute shitshow with Mugabe in charge.

Things seem to be better there now though since he kicked the bucket and the Zimbabwe cricket team is getting back on track again.
I am old enough to remember the great South African Barry Richards playing for South Australia and belting 300+ in a day against Western Australia in the early 70s. The WA attack was no mob of pie throwers either. Comprised of Dennis Lillee, Graham McKenzie and Tony Lock.

I am old enough to remember the great South African Barry Richards playing for South Australia and belting 300+ in a day against Western Australia in the early 70s. The WA attack was no mob of pie throwers either. Comprised of Dennis Lillee, Graham McKenzie and Tony Lock.
Lol…WA are on the verge of a historic 3 peat, and old people are flexing about the 70’s.
Is there a 70’s thread for old people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back