Shield Round 8: New South Wales vs South Australia, Cricket Central, 1-4 March

Remove this Banner Ad

So now that Vic have lost, ideal result for this match is Redbacks steal the win here.

looks at score

Welp, gonna need a big comeback

So now that Vic have lost, ideal result for this match is Redbacks steal the win here.

looks at score

Welp, gonna need a big comeback
A draw would be nice

Not sure JFM is a opener at this stage in red ball cricket but is only young.
When your whole team is doing as poorly as the Redbacks, you may as well see if JFM could have a Warner esque transition into Red Ball - and he would only ever be the opener.

They've just spent a day and a half in the field, opposition makes over 500. In walks our openers who obviously couldn't wait to get back into the dressing room ASAP. Two of the worst shots you would ever want to see from players who are supposedly trying to salvage a draw and build on a career.

What on earth was Brazell trying to do? I can't even begin to describe the shot. I have no idea where he was trying to hit it, but neither did he. Then our old friend JFM. Ball tailing away outside off stump. "See ball, hit ball" lights up in his brain. Leaves plenty of room between body and bat, and slashes away at a ball he should be leaving.

2/2. I don't know how much longer I can continue watching cricket, the so-called batting is doing my head in.

They've just spent a day and a half in the field, opposition makes over 500. In walks our openers who obviously couldn't wait to get back into the dressing room ASAP. Two of the worst shots you would ever want to see from players who are supposedly trying to salvage a draw and build on a career.

What on earth was Brazell trying to do? I can't even begin to describe the shot. I have no idea where he was trying to hit it, but neither did he. Then our old friend JFM. Ball tailing away outside off stump. "See ball, hit ball" lights up in his brain. Leaves plenty of room between body and bat, and slashes away at a ball he should be leaving.

2/2. I don't know how much longer I can continue watching cricket, the so-called batting is doing my head in.
Correct but full credit to the current 2 batsman who are still in at lunch and you are still 2 down.Mc Sweeney I think has prospects of playing higher grade cricket then shield.

How about the start to Chris Green's first class career? 528 runs @ 52.80 and 35 wkts @ 24.86.
Should move states to SA or Tassie. Better spinner than Manenti and Freeman

Why didn't they declare after tea? SA still would've had no shot of winning.
Put the pressure on them to bat out 4 sessions and have the chance to chase down a small total

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't they declare after tea? SA still would've had no shot of winning.
Put the pressure on them to bat out 4 sessions and have the chance to chase down a small total
Would it have given them any more overs to bowl them out? SA will pass their total by the end of today anyway so NSW would have spent the same amount of time batting. Just whether that time was the end of today or the end of yesterday and they chose to only have to bat once and take the runs while they were free.

What was Henriques thinking by batting on this morning? Gee NSW run home was all set up for them to do a Kiwi at the Melbourne Cup finishing line over WA or Victoria.

Seeing that he is from NSW means that he'll be a shoe in for the test side soon....
I'm sure the 2 Victorians and the Tasmanian who make up the selection panel will be keen to get the NSWman in there.

There's been 1 player from NSW make their Test debut for Australia in the last 7 years (Kurtis Patterson). In that time there have been 5 Queenslanders, 5 Victorians, 4 West Australians and 3 South Australians.

What was Henriques thinking by batting on this morning? Gee NSW run home was all set up for them to do a Kiwi at the Melbourne Cup finishing line over WA or Victoria.

I was a little surprised NSW didn't declare a lot earlier and set up a chance of the outright. If Redbacks won it wouldn't have mattered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back