Shield Victoria vs New South Wales, MCG, October 26-29

Remove this Banner Ad

happy eric cartman GIF by South Park

Short and Sutherland arguably were gunned. But there was no surprise when Will failed yet again. He ain’t a number 6.
Both shockers IMO.
Short outside the line and Sutherland's cut quite a bit and was going down leg IMO.

A lead of 300 would be nice. Still plenty in the deck.

Handscomb the key. Perry and O'Neill are bowling all rounders so eeking out another 75 could prove the difference and definitely possible.

Opening up with Dwarshius this morning is bizarre. You have two of the best Shield bowlers of the past decade in Tremain and Bird and you bowl neither?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume that's the case, Holt made 130 odd in the 2nds match last week though so might be pushing closer to making the 1st XI
And Gilkes has struggled big time so far. Holt is a better keeper too.

These 9th wicket stands are getting annoying.

Reckon this might be Boland's last before the new ball. Give Shorty a few overs, see if something happens

These 9th wicket stands are getting annoying.

Reckon this might be Boland's last before the new ball. Give Shorty a few overs, see if something happens
Called it!

Good win.

Must say I have never seen a worse, more spiritless NSW than what they are turning out. Soon they will be importing players from the Jellybacks.

The vets Tremain and Bird are doing a good job, but not so much the rest, esp the batting.

Patterson was dropped for this game and I doubt he returns. Time must be called on the career of Reeks.

Hopefully destroying this second string NSW side does not convince them to keep playing five batsmen.
Short can bowl & Sutherland cant bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back