Shield Round 3: South Australia Vs Western Australia @ Adelaide Oval; 26th-29th October 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

SA even having a lead is on Philippe. Missed a simple runout when Manenti was cooked trying to be fancy plus a stumping later on. Manenti was on around 30 at the time.

Then let’s not forget about yet another failure the day before where he contributed a well made duck. I want him to do well but he’s had plenty of chances over the last few seasons but continues doing nothing. What is he actually bringing to the red ball team?

Do we have anyone who could replace him while Inglis is away because surely they couldn’t be any worse? Who is next in line Keeper wise?

I'm assuming Whiteman has given up the gloves for good, otherwise he could be an option.

Bancroft could also keep if need be

Our fielding in general was pretty terrible, 2 dropped catches just from the limited portion I watched and several misfields.

Would like to see more intent up the order in general

Cmon tonk some you campaigners, get the lead as big as you can and then have all day to bowl them out tomorrow

Gotta feel for Kelvin. He’d be sitting in the change rooms feeling like the biggest POS. Had enough turns at it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see WA respond after an ordinary effort on Day 1. Nothing like a challenge to get those competitive juices flowing. Most games of late WA has dominated from the off. Hopefully Paris can get that well deserved 10 for....if only this guy could stay fit.

Another screamer to win it, 11 wickets for Paris after being behind in the 1st innings. Great win

WA win. 11fa for Paris. Will be interesting who they give MoM to with Bangers batting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great spell from Haskett before tea. Needed him to step up with Gannon going down & he did. Picked up 3 wickets & broke SA’s back.

Another pathetic, spineless batting "effort" by the Redbacks.
Typical Lehmann performance, we see it every season. Makes one score and puts the cue in the rack until it looks like he may be dropped and then will make another 50 or so. His past 5 innings: 55 runs @ 11.00. I hope he's paying admission at the gate like the other spectators.
More "nothing" contributions from the top 3. Seems 20-odd is as many as we're going to get from these guys.

Smith and Carder done. Hunt and Drew one more chance. We can’t always rely on “Manenti or Bust” but the bloke should bat 6. Surely we need to get our best 2 bowlers on the park soon

Smith and Carder done. Hunt and Drew one more chance. We can’t always rely on “Manenti or Bust” but the bloke should bat 6. Surely we need to get our best 2 bowlers on the park soon

Trouble is, who is next in line?

The cupboard is bare. In fact the cupboard has been bare for the last 20 odd years.

Trouble is, who is next in line?

The cupboard is bare. In fact the cupboard has been bare for the last 20 odd years.

Facts are, there is nobody in the current Redbacks team who will ever wear a green baggy cap. We are not producing future Test players, we are just a dumping ground for players from interstate hoping to make something of their careers.

I've followed the Redbacks since the mid-60s, and home-grown players to progress to successful Test careers have been few and far between. Many of our successes in that time have been on the back of international players (Sobers, Richards, etc) and interstate players (Mallett, Jenner, Siddons, etc). Even some of our all-time greats (Bradman, Grimmett, etc) were from interstate.

Maybe it's the Adelaide water or something :)

Facts are, there is nobody in the current Redbacks team who will ever wear a green baggy cap. We are not producing future Test players, we are just a dumping ground for players from interstate hoping to make something of their careers.

I've followed the Redbacks since the mid-60s, and home-grown players to progress to successful Test careers have been few and far between. Many of our successes in that time have been on the back of international players (Sobers, Richards, etc) and interstate players (Mallett, Jenner, Siddons, etc). Even some of our all-time greats (Bradman, Grimmett, etc) were from interstate.

Maybe it's the Adelaide water or something :)

You don't think McSweeney is a chance?

Who would he replace?
Smith (34) & Khawaja (36) are close to the end & Warner is done this summer. Even Head & Labuschange are 30 next year so not exactly young themselves. Maybe theres a chance we move Head up the order to open when Warner retires instead of Bancroft/Renshaw/Harris. Think he'd complement Khawaja well.

McSweeney is only 24. He's had a good start to the season & looks pretty impressive. If he puts the runs on the board & keeps improving he's got a real chance. Plenty of spots for him if he's good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back