Shield Round 6: South Australia vs Victoria, Adelaide Oval, 28th Nov-1st Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee the Harris dismissal was poor.
Look I understand why it looks bad but that was in the right zone and he plays that shot well 80% of the time.

Puck and Handscomb were far worse as they just prodded at it (whether or not you think he was out)

His hands brush the ground after he caught the ball but it was clearly out. No different from hundreds of other slip catches.
"Clearly". You must have the best eyes in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Clearly". You must have the best eyes in the world.
His hands move up after the catch which might've caused Handscomb to ask the question, on replay you can see his hands under the ball in any case.
Life's so much clearer when you take off the Vic-tinted lenses.

His hands move up after the catch which might've caused Handscomb to ask the question, on replay you can see his hands under the ball in any case.
Life's so much clearer when you take off the Vic-tinted lenses.
Mate if you take off the Vic hating lenses you'd be able to admit there was nothing clear about it. Even the SA commentators (the most biased in the country) weren't saying whether or not it was a catch. They just said it was controversial. Plus Lehmann has form of claiming catches that weren't taken.

Two overs later McAndrew clearly (the difference here is that it is clear on the replay) steps on the rope as he flicked the ball in, but I guess that was my "Vic tinted lenses" as well.

good fightback.
Yep. Harper was clearly on but Kellaway did the support role perfectly.

With 50+ overs lost I reckon we're in for an average of an hour and a half extra each day. Bat until tea tomorrow if we can.

Absolutely pathetic. Time to fold this team for good.

Agree totally. Jake the Snake Lehman is appropriately their captain.

Harper batted on anger and adrenaline while Kellaway again looked pretty good to me and batted with much common sense.

Agar bowled with some skill and Doggett with luck.

Nothing too tricky in the pitch. Water eventually drains from highways as the sun dries out a damp autobahn. Tis the cursed AO after all.

Will be some spice in this match.

The weather in Queensland makes this a big game as their game looks destined to be a draw. Both teams can catch WA (more likely SA having only needing to make up .34 of a bonus point plus a win compared to nearly 2 plus a win for Victoria). Also means Tassie are virtually locks to be top at Christmas, a win would be gold for them as they would be well clear of everyone with only 4 games left.

Just watched Harper's innings on Kayo and bloody hell, talk about stepping up the pace! There was no inkling whatsover of what was to come till he hit about 60. Remarkable innings given how pedestrian it all started and also he came in when the score was 5/67.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back