Shield Round 4: Queensland v South Australia, GABBA, 6-9 November 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Queensland won the toss and elected to bowl (but it's now raining).

QLD: Bryce Street, Matt Renshaw, Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja (c), Jack Clayton, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Michael Neser, Jack Wildermuth, Gurinder Sandhu, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson

SA: Henry Hunt, Jake Carder, Daniel Drew, Nathan McSweeney, Jake Lehmann (c), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Harry Nielsen (wk), Ben Manenti, Nathan McAndrew, Jordan Buckingham, Harry Conway

Glad to see SA have made a change at the top of the order, not convinced Carder is the answer (after being part of the problem initially lol)... good start after losing the toss but Qld can get back on top with a quick wicket or 2, due to the scoring rate.

JFM with a second ball six. Intentions clear.

Is the pitch flat or is the weather making it hard to score and just some good gritty batting from Hunt/McSweeny?

Is the pitch flat or is the weather making it hard to score and just some good gritty batting from Hunt/McSweeny?
Rain interrupted but continues to be a bit of seam off the deck, not much swing from the bits and pieces I've seen...

Definitely flatter and less grass than the usual November Gabba shield decks

Mac Daddy another 6 in his pocket. Looks like Hunt straight back to pre ton form leaving a straight one... nicks off defending balls he could leave and gets bowled leaving ones he should defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mac Daddy another 6 in his pocket. Looks like Hunt straight back to pre ton form leaving a straight one... nicks off defending balls he could leave and gets bowled leaving ones he should defend.

Probably learning from the captain. You only need the one score and you're right for the rest of the season.

South Australia's utensil up has really opened up this final day. If QLD skittle them early they'll fancy the chase within today's overs. If they hang around a while and scratch out another 50 runs, 300 target within 75-80 overs is tantalising but may spook QLD if a couple of wickets fall.

With that said, does QLD have a radio station that covers Sheffield shield? I wouldn't mind following this whilst working today.

With that said, does QLD have a radio station that covers Sheffield shield? I wouldn't mind following this whilst working today.
Nah. I think that's purely a WA thing.

Only option would be possibly just play the video stream on the CA website and just listen to it in the background?

Their analysis of the number 6 having the pads on when Queensland are 2 down is downright stupid.

You always have 2 padded up. You'd almost have 3 once you're 6 down.

Their analysis of the number 6 having the pads on when Queensland are 2 down is downright stupid.

You always have 2 padded up. You'd almost have 3 once you're 6 down.
Yeah would've thought its preference of the batter if you're 2 away from being in, personally I didn't put the pads on until I was 1 away but had whites on thigh pad and box in place with pads etc laid out ready at the fall of the next wicket...

Yeah would've thought its preference of the batter if you're 2 away from being in, personally I didn't put the pads on until I was 1 away but had whites on thigh pad and box in place with pads etc laid out ready at the fall of the next wicket...
I think they ran out of things to talk about.

And it's back FFS.

What was with Renshaw walking straight in to the SA circle after he was dismissed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back