Shield Round 4: Victoria vs Tasmania, Junction Oval, 5-8 November

Remove this Banner Ad

Kellaway and Harris there at stumps. Good. Need to try to get 350+ for bonus points and declare as soon as our 100 overs are up. Make a game of it, either that or try to get 100 ahead and declare

Kellaway and Harris there at stumps. Good. Need to try to get 350+ for bonus points and declare as soon as our 100 overs are up. Make a game of it, either that or try to get 100 ahead and declare
Personal opinion with shield cricket it should be compulsory closure for each side after 100 overs.

Looking at Wednesdays forecast there is no point trying to make a game of anything, may as well see if they can bat out a day for the first time all season.

He didn't protest too much

looked pretty plum to me.

Sutherland never looked in. We agree to disagree but James just does not look a number 6.

Matt Short just looks a feast or famine batsman to me. Great to see Harry get back in the runs.

The Junction pitch was supposedly being prepped to take spin and present real DAY 3 and 4 challenges to batsmen. No sign thus far. In fact it could masquerade as a bloody Burdett autobahn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short term lets see Harris get to 150.Sadly rain could decide the future of this game.
I'd give him 5 overs to get it and then declare. Too much time was wasted yesterday by Tassie doing the same for Webster and a ton. Try to get a result whilst you can.

I'd give him 5 overs to get it and then declare. Too much time was wasted yesterday by Tassie doing the same for Webster and a ton. Try to get a result whilst you can.
Great knock by Harris and perhaps a declaration is on and the storm clouds are missing Melbourne at the moment.

This is starting to annoy me now, it doesn’t seem like either team has had any interest in a result since about lunch today

This is starting to annoy me now, it doesn’t seem like either team has had any interest in a result since about lunch yesterday
FTFY

Still maintain compulsory closures after 100 overs by each side in shield games in the 1st innings would help.
Nope. If you roll a side in 60 overs you should have every right to bat the remaining 36 and then the 96 the following day to press home an advantage at a minimum.

If the other side isn't good enough to roll you then that's on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back