Shield Round 4: Victoria vs Tasmania, Junction Oval, 5-8 November

Remove this Banner Ad

We won the toss and bowled bizarrely enough. 1/106 after 42. The only rational explanation I can think of is that we don't want Tassie chasing after their last effort.

We won the toss and bowled bizarrely enough. 1/106 after 42. The only rational explanation I can think of is that we don't want Tassie chasing after their last effort.

Sounds like they thought there would be more in it for the bowlers

Although the fact Khawaja was managed recently means I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a CA directive…
Which makes no sense. They'll leave him out to keep him fresh then cite the lack of bowling as why he's 12th man not in the team.
Derp.

Have you not seen Victoria’s batting this year? Tassie already have enough to not have to bat again.
Jeez you're a depressing bloke.

Looks like a Dean concussion. Hopefully he's okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crone now bowling in the warm up. Dean definitely out but is it Crone in? Would be as bizarre a call as bowling on this deck.

Crone now bowling in the warm up. Dean definitely out but is it Crone in? Would be as bizarre a call as bowling on this deck.
So why would they replace a opening batsman with a fast bowler seeing he will most likely only bowl in Tasmania 2nd innings.If Tasmania are going to bat nearly 2 days they might not even bat a 2nd time.

What happened to Dean?

Tigers will obviously try and do this in 1 (batting) innings, hopefully we can find something in the pitch.

What happened to Dean?

Tigers will obviously try and do this in 1 (batting) innings, hopefully we can find something in the pitch.
Got whacked in the head at short leg.

Tassie wasting time for Webster ton.

97 not out because of a run out. Brutal

Yeah it sucks, especially after so many 50s this season, but he was really asking to be stranded given how he was batting with his number 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back