• Royal Challengers Bangalore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up Warriorz

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Final

Delhi Capitals Women (Playing XI): Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Arundhati Reddy, Taniya Bhatia(w), Minnu Mani, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey

Mumbai Indians Women (Playing XI): Yastika Bhatia(w), Hayley Matthews, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Melie Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque

Delhi Capitals Women have won the toss and have opted to bat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of women's cricket is going to explode.
We have quite alot on at the moment in a calendar year.

WBBL, WPL, The Hundred being the main three.

Then you chuck in the ODI and T20 World cups on every 4 and every 2 years.

But If the Indian women appetite is even as 25% interested as the mens markets, it will grow for sure.

But one thing is maybe if India WPL were to expand to say 6 teams or 7 teams , you would probably to look at say 5 imports per team? or a 4 imports + 1 associate international .

Maths wise it works out to be

Currently with 5 teams its:

4 imports + 7 Indian players. So thats as a rough guide, currently 20 imports and 35 Indian players .

If you were to expand to say 6 teams its:

5 imports + 6 Indian players. So 30 imports and 36 Indian players. Under the current quota, 24 imports and 42 Indian players would lessen the quality for now.

I guess point Im trying to make is , you dont want to dilute too many 4th string fringe Indian women players to the fold just yet too quickly.

But in dealing with the BCCI, I guess they would want to do whats the best for the game in their country.

5 teams is stupid. There are 51 current players who have represented India. So apparently 16 women are good enough to play for their country, but not good enough to play in their country's domestic competition.

The mens IPL its now I tihnk 10 teams, so id imagine that its 4 x imports + 7 x Indians

if you multiply that by 10 its : 40 imports + 70 Local Indian players.

There has been talk I guess, that many believe a 3rd string Indian male side would be good enough to beat alot of other sides in the world. Would it be fair to say by having 70 Indian players, that will dilute the product?

I tihnk one has also seen alot of fringe 2nd tier and 3rd tier players from India do well. People talk about how 'scary' the depth is in the mens format of T20 when looking into the Indian mens circuit.

There has been talk I guess, that many believe a 3rd string Indian male side would be good enough to beat alot of other sides in the world. Would it be fair to say by having 70 Indian players, that will dilute the product?
Uncapped XI
All players selected in the 2023 IPL. Looked at all the uncapped players, picked a shortlist and then ordered them according
This is giving me an idea for another post in the "weird XIs " thread

Rich (BB code):
Abhishek Sharma SRH     | ar   | ave: 27.85 @ sr: 135.04 | laos | ave: 19.65 @ sr: 18.46
Sai Sudharsan GT        | bat  | ave: 33.13 @ sr: 112.41
Tilak Varma MI          | bat  | ave: 35.83 @ sr: 136.77
Rajat Patidar RCB       | bat  | ave: 37.59 @ sr: 147.93
Sarfaraz Khan DD        | bat  | ave: 32.22 @ sr: 132.45
Narayan Jagadeesan KKR  | wk   | ave: 33:57 @ sr: 118.61
Rahul Tewatia GT        | ar   | ave: 27.02 @ sr: 142.20 | rls  | ave: 26.40 @ sr: 21.21
Harpreet Brar KXIP      | bowl |                           laos | ave: 25.41 @ sr: 22.10
Tushar Despande CSK     | bowl |                           rm   | ave: 20.60 @ sr: 15.02
Mukesh Choudhary CSK    | bowl |                           lm   | ave: 20.31 @ sr: 17.75
Mohsin Khan LSG         | bowl |                           lmf  | ave: 17.76 @ sr: 15.70

Yash Jaiswal RR         | bat  | ave: 23.83 @ sr: 113:29
Ayush Badoni LSG        | bat  | ave: 22.62 @ sr: 130.09
Riyan Parag RR          | ar   | ave: 25.89 @ sr: 132.84 | rls  | ave: 30.37 @ sr 25.37
Jitesh Sharma KXIP      | wk   | ave: 30.29 @ sr: 147.93

Last edited:
Back