Society & Culture Crimes you've witnessed.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "hands in the back" decision against Richo in the dying minutes of the Richmond Vs Essendon game in 2007. If ever an umpire deserved to be knocked on his arse, that night was it.:confused:

Honourable mention also to the umpire at the Richmond Vs Fremantle game, 2008.

Been at the aftermath of a few murders. A drug dealer was shot by the IRA, poor fella was at the shops when they called but they happened to pass him the street as they were leaving. When I passed he was lying in the street with a towel over his head.

Another day the train pulled up at the station just after a cop had been killed in his landrover by the IRA with a homemade RPG.

Then I passed Maccas in Newmarket in Melbourne after some homeless fella was stabbed to death.

I've seen much else besides, riots and bashing and blood.

One weird thing was when walking home at 4am I saw a guy breaking into a car. I stared and he ran away. Then he must have thought I looked pretty harmless so he went back to the car again! I suppose I should have done something but it was 4am in the days before mobile phones so I went home.

Saw a murdered body about 10 seconds after it was found.
A girl came out of a lane crying "thers a body down there" we looked down the lane and there was this druggie with a heap of blood, dead.

Also seen a ton of bashings, one from my apartment when I lived at the docklands, it was at least 20 guys onto 2, called the cops they rocked up about 45 minutes later.

Didnt witness this but it happened to our next door neighbour in the early 80s. He owned a gun shop for many years and one day this very suss bloke (guess thats par for the course) walks in asking to look at one particular type of gun. He pulls it out and hands it to him but by this time he has discreetly clutched a loaded gun he keeps under the counter cause he's noticed the guy's car is still running outside.

The bloke then pulls out these bullets out of his pocket and quickly starts loading them into the gun and just as he's about to raise the gun, our neighbours pulled out his gun and shot him in the hip.

The bullet then ricocheted off his hip and into his face via the chin. Pretty much died instantly. Turns out this bloke had only been release from Pentridge a day or two prior and was seemingly back to his old ways. Our neighbour got off on self defence.

Made the news and everything :thumbsu:

Was leaving the Rebel Sport in Bourke St Mall one day when a guy sprinted past me as people shouted at him. He'd taken some watches from the Rebel, but got caught a few minutes later. He was only a few metres away, but nothing really interesting happened.

Surprised nobody's mentioned seeing drug deals go down. Redfern Station (where you alight for Sydney Uni) the heroin dealers are going pretty much 24/7.

Saw a suicide-by-cop once when I was in the US. Pretty awful, I can't imagine how bad the policeman who took him down felt.

Not a crime per se, but when I was 5 my parents and I discovered someone who'd gassed themself in their car.

Few fights in Freo on a Saturday night, a few during the day in the Perth CBD, many a few shoplifters.

Saw some Maori kid try and pick a fight with a security guard week before last. Pretty funny watching this kid try and then get dragged by one arm.

Not much else really, been pretty sheltered.

When I was about 6 or 7 the house across the road from me got raided. Cops coming from everywhere and even in from the roof. They had like 3 or 4 guys arrested laying face down on the front lawn. Funny thing is the older lady who lived there pulled up in the driveway and stepped over one of the guys in handcuffs and walked into the house like nothing had happened.

Apparently they had a wanted guy living in the roof or something and he was responsible for a heap of robberies in the area.

Three years ago i was working one Sunday morning in Flinders Lane in Melbournce CBD, we were dsimantling a billboard of the side of a building.

I had my back to the road but i hear this car reving and accelerating really high, turn and look and this black merc was up on the footpath and ran this guy over (the guy was seedy looking). Anyway car hits him he goes up over the bonnet and rolls to the side, the car gets back on the road and speeds away, and turns onto Spencer st.

In the meantime this bloke gets up, runs and chases after the car, turns the corner in the direction of the car pulls out a gun and lets of a couple of shots. And then runs off down a side street.

Police turn up an hour or so later asking me and the other guys questions, to which we all replied, nah didnt see a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once saw a teenager get on a train without validating his metcard.

Thats nothing. Once I saw a teenager who was standing next to the priority seat not offer the priority seat to an elderly woman on a non-peak train. She gave him a spray despite 200+ available seats including 4 in the next row and the actual seat being vacant.

The crime was he didn't open the doors and throw her out while the train was in motion.

Went into a bakery to grab some brekky one morning. One of the people working in there was covered in blood, having just been smashed in the head by a bloke with a hammer (who had run out the back door just as I was coming in the front).

Some sort of Vietnamese vendetta thing I gather.

When I was a child actor on [name deleted] a funny-looking person used to come up and try to tickle my balls. I got traumatised, so much so that when I got interviewed on [name deleted] the other day and [name deleted] started trying to grope me and [explicit details deleted] and she bent [explicit details deleted] going on [explicit details deleted] the desk and saying 'Yeah, you like that you dirty boy!' and... and...

Well, I've been on the piss ever since.

We heavily suspect the bloke next door is a drug dealer for the Banditos and we've had a couple of incidents involving him.

He had a couple of guys, possibly from the Rebels (rival biker gang for those wondering) cut the power to his house and then try to break in the front door. The bloke next door decided to defend himself by blowing a whole in the door with his shotgun. He missed them but they got the message anyway.

At this time my sisters ex-boyfriend was living with us and happened to be a junior member of a Rebels offshoot gang. One time he walked out of the front door to find the bloke next door looking over the fence pointing the shotgun at him.It was more of a warning that anything but Mum quickly decided it would be best if he found his own place.

I was in a bottle shop and a guy smashed of bottle of whisky over the head of the shopkeeper. He then ran down the street so I jumped in my car and followed him while talking to police on the phone and giving them all the info of his whereabouts.

I was in a bottle shop and a guy smashed of bottle of whisky over the head of the shopkeeper. He then ran down the street so I jumped in my car and followed him while talking to police on the phone and giving them all the info of his whereabouts.

that guy then witnessed a crime

someone talking on their mobile while driving

Went into a bakery to grab some brekky one morning. One of the people working in there was covered in blood, having just been smashed in the head by a bloke with a hammer (who had run out the back door just as I was coming in the front).

Some sort of Vietnamese vendetta thing I gather.

Hahaha! When I was in uni I used to work part time at the nab in Smith St which had a Vietanmese bakery a couple of doors down. One day I was on my smoke break I see this real grungy looking guy walk out of the bakery (without a care in the world mind you) with the Vietnamese owner following him with a shovel looking like any wrong move ahd he'd smash him. I often got my lunch there and knew the owner so asked him what was going on. His response was "this bloody cu*t mate. He come to my shop and ask me which country i from mate. I say vietnam and he say to me i should f*ck off back to vietnam and then he leave the shop mate" :D

And batteries. Thieves love batteries.

164479.jpg

Well, sometimes your Father forgets to steal them.

Hahaha! When I was in uni I used to work part time at the nab in Smith St which had a Vietanmese bakery a couple of doors down. One day I was on my smoke break I see this real grungy looking guy walk out of the bakery (without a care in the world mind you) with the Vietnamese owner following him with a shovel looking like any wrong move ahd he'd smash him. I often got my lunch there and knew the owner so asked him what was going on. His response was "this bloody cu*t mate. He come to my shop and ask me which country i from mate. I say vietnam and he say to me i should f*ck off back to vietnam and then he leave the shop mate" :D

ahahaha :D

hahaha! When i was in uni i used to work part time at the nab in smith st which had a vietanmese bakery a couple of doors down. One day i was on my smoke break i see this real grungy looking guy walk out of the bakery (without a care in the world mind you) with the vietnamese owner following him with a shovel looking like any wrong move ahd he'd smash him. I often got my lunch there and knew the owner so asked him what was going on. His response was "this bloody cu*t mate. He come to my shop and ask me which country i from mate. I say vietnam and he say to me i should f*ck off back to vietnam and then he leave the shop mate"

roflmao :d

once saw a guy try to steal a vespa in the middle of the road.... woman was standing beside her active vespa, then some guy just rocks up and tries to drive away with it, she clutches on the acceleration, and the verspa skids to the pavement, and the guy just takes off..... pretty brazen, middle of the day, active road

another time saw a person drop their bag.... and pounce like a ninja, a thief takes it and runs off like Usain Bolt

the rest not so interesting, the odd assault and a manslaughter :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back