• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Just looking for some insight, as I have a few things planned for next season with regards to the Cast and wanted to get a feel for how people listen to us.

Thanks

PS if anyone says "with my ears" they get an automatic silly fellow nomination :p

Just looking for some insight, as I have a few things planned for next season with regards to the Cast and wanted to get a feel for how people listen to us.

Thanks

PS if anyone says "with my ears" they get an automatic silly fellow nomination :p

I was going to say through my ear buds :)

Thanks

Give me a nomination

Rarely get to listen live, but enjoy the live chat when I do. Normally I listen on my smartphone but I forgot Spreaker has a dedicated app - will download.

It's become a part of my weekly routine - why wait for the Vic centric shows or watch The Block and all that s***? I'd rather listen (whenever I want) to fellow Crows fans talking about the Crows. I especially like listening while working out and driving.

And the original Crowcast team and the Crow Bar are not rivals by any means. I also like listening to the Crow Bar lads having a totally different (less serious) take on things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why on the spreaker app the episodes shown are only from 2015-2016?

I have to click on the specific show to get the latest episode, whereas on the web version, the latest show is on the top.

Anyone know why on the spreaker app the episodes shown are only from 2015-2016?

I have to click on the specific show to get the latest episode, whereas on the web version, the latest show is on the top.
Have you got it set to automatically download new episodes? In any case, the Spreaker app splits it into seperate shows, it doesn't allow us to aggregate under the CrowCast banner on the app. The earlier EPs are there because back then we only did one show a week, so it wasn't split into different shows.

With some of the changes I'm thinking about for next season, that should be streamlined.

Thanks

Sound travels in invisible waves through the air. It occurs when a moving or vibrating object causes the air around it to move, creating pressure waves (or sound waves) that radiate outwards from the source.

When these sound waves reach the ear, they travel down the ear canal and hit the eardrum, making it vibrate. Three tiny bones in the middle ear link the vibrating eardrum to a tiny bone structure in the inner ear called the cochlea.

The cochlea is filled with liquid that carries the vibrations to thousands of tiny hair cells. The movement in the fluid causes the cells to carry a message to the nerve that is connected to the brain, which turns the signals into what you hear.

Sound travels in invisible waves through the air. It occurs when a moving or vibrating object causes the air around it to move, creating pressure waves (or sound waves) that radiate outwards from the source.

When these sound waves reach the ear, they travel down the ear canal and hit the eardrum, making it vibrate. Three tiny bones in the middle ear link the vibrating eardrum to a tiny bone structure in the inner ear called the cochlea.

The cochlea is filled with liquid that carries the vibrations to thousands of tiny hair cells. The movement in the fluid causes the cells to carry a message to the nerve that is connected to the brain, which turns the signals into what you hear.
tldr: I listen with my ears

silly fellow :p

Since one of the best podcast apps in the world for both iOS and Android is from a little Adelaide developer ShiftyJelly, it should be mandatory for all Adelaideans to buy a copy and use it. Support a successful Adelaide owned and operated company that is making a product loved around the world.

And no I have no involvement in the company. I just like success stories from Australia and support them when I can.

EDIT: LOL in case you care, it's called Pocket Casts.

Last edited:
Back