Crows and ch.9

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Nine would show as many Crows games as it could, as they rate so well. Even Port games rate ok. By the way did you hear that Drew Morphett has been dropped by Seven? First thought was "woohoo", but if Nine gets the rights, maybe they'll pick him up. Doh.

With Foxtel on board I suspect any games not shown by 9/10 would be on Foxtel.

They may have a specific AFL channel where the games would be replayed over & over. Then if you cannot see a game live you will be able to catch it at some time at least.

Don't worry about Drew Morphett, worry about KG!

If Channel 9 get the rights he is sure to get a birth, parochial stuttering television.

Adelaide will soon have lots of blackouts just to get him off the air especially for all those games beaming into Melbourne.

KG commentating AFL on TV,

S C A R Y!!!!!!

Strike Me Pink!

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

servo,

If we can take NRL as a benchmark, Each game is shown usually twice on Foxtel. They usually have 2 games each week live (Sat night on Fox8 and the lesser Sunday afternoon match on Fox Sports - Ch 9 take the pick of the better game). All other matches are shown as a delay.

On Monday's all games are replayed end on end on FS2, plus also a QRL match. Works quite well!

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Heard Wayne Jackson on Cornsey and KG's show tonight. He said that the deal is that 9 & 10 get the first five choices of games into each state. 9 picks 1st, 3rd & 5th, 10 picks 2nd & 4th. Foxtel get the rest.

You can bet any crows or power games will be on 9 & 10 in Adelaide and not on Foxtel. It will mean that Footy Park games will be live in Adelaide I think.

Originally posted by servo:

You can bet any crows or power games will be on 9 & 10 in Adelaide and not on Foxtel. It will mean that Footy Park games will be live in Adelaide I think.

As far as I know all Crows/Power and Freo/Eagles games will be shown on free-to-air TV in Adelaide and Perth. These games can be shown on Foxtel in other states. The Crows and Power wouldn't want home games shown live into Adelaide, they'll probably still be shown in delay.

Also Jacko said there was no intention YET of having a special AFL channel on Foxtel, but if there is one later on, the extra charge will be about $10 a month. But if all local games are shown here in Adel on free-to-air would it be worth paying the extra? Have to give that some thought.

Foxtel don't have state specific programming yet. Now if they are going to show AFL on Fox Sports 1 or 2 in their normal format then Adelaide will get the same as the other states.

Lets say the Crows were hosting the Swans. If 9 & 10 cannot show the game live then they will pick 5 other games to show live. Foxtel will want to show this game live for its Sydney audience so the whole country would get it live. Therefore we here in Adelaide would also get it live.

• Banned
The thing that sucks most is that FOX will start 2002, give it to them next year, i cant wait that long!!!!!
LOL

Originally posted by servo:
Foxtel don't have state specific programming yet. Now if they are going to show AFL on Fox Sports 1 or 2 in their normal format then Adelaide will get the same as the other states.

Lets say the Crows were hosting the Swans. If 9 & 10 cannot show the game live then they will pick 5 other games to show live. Foxtel will want to show this game live for its Sydney audience so the whole country would get it live. Therefore we here in Adelaide would also get it live.

I see your point. This could be interesting, as Jacko has guaranteed that we will see EVERY Adelaide/Power game on free-to-air TV. Obviously the Crows and Power won't want live-against-the-gate games on TV, but maybe won't have any choice, albeit the games will be on Foxtel. Therefore, as we HAVE to have games on free-to-air, we will have the same game being shown here twice, with the free-to-air broadcast being shown in delay. Providing Foxtel don't bung in heaps of ads to pay for the huge amount of money they're spending, I would be taping the game on Foxtel, rather than going home after the game to watch it on free-to-air TV.

Hope that doesn't sound too complicated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back