Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
Crows form new London partnership

The Adelaide Crows and The South Australia Club in London have today announced a new partnership aimed at promoting South Australia in the UK and Europe.

The two organisations will join forces for a series of activities during the next 12 months, with the first being the 2016 South Australia Club AFL Grand Final Lunch held on Saturday, 1 October in London.

To kick-off the collaboration, the Crows and partner Thomas Foods International are providing eight lucky Crows fans in the UK with the opportunity to attend the Grand Final Lunch in the prestigious Exhibition Hall of Australia House in London.

The fans will have the chance to enjoy the lunch with Crows premiership heroes Nigel Smart and Kym Koster.

Fans can enter the competition at http://www.afc.com.au/fans/london-promo

The Agent General for South Australia in London Bill Muirhead welcomed the partnership.

“Since we formed it in 2011 the South Australia Club has quickly become the pre-eminent business networking forum for Australians in London, ” the Agent General said.

“It makes sense for us now to partner with the Crows to build the state brand together and enhance the position of the Adelaide Football Club in a region with enormous commercial potential.

“This is the second year that we’ve teamed up with AFL Europe to host London’s largest AFL Grand Final event coinciding with the biggest day on the Australian sporting calendar. Last year was a sell-out and we’re planning for this year to be bigger and better again.”

Crows Chief Operating Officer Nigel Smart said the Club was excited about the opportunities the partnership would bring.

“We see this as a great way to connect with our thousands of supporters living abroad, while at the same time promoting our great state of South Australia,” said Smart.

A few tables remain on sale for the 2016 South Australia Club AFL Grand Final lunch. For further details please contact Alex Hay at AFL Europe on (44) 0792 222 9765 or alex.hay@afleurope.org

So who is giving up a home game to allow the Crows to play for premiership points in London?

Actually England is probably a far more sensible place to do it, they already have plenty of cricket grounds which is what we play on anyway.

The South Australia Club is great. Went to a function they organised prior to the Lords Test last year. Some serious hitters with a genuine interest/connection in South Australia there. Absolutely worthwhile venture.

I've done some investigating... Qantas are a corporate member of The South Australia Club in London. Any chance they are about to start flying from Adelaide?

Anyway, bring on the fireworks, or the Spice Girls or whatever else the SA Government wants to pay for.

spicegirlslondon.jpg

I've done some investigating... Qantas are a corporate member of The South Australia Club in London. Any chance they are about to start flying from Adelaide? will be good to have somebody other than Ansett for competition.

Mate if you are still flying Ansett I'm impressed. Of course there's probably some joke here I'm missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate if you are still flying Ansett I'm impressed. Of course there's probably some joke here I'm missing?

The Port to China rumours gained some momentum around the time direct flights to China were announced, Ansett were domestic? so doesn't make much sense... edited.

Yes but China has 9 billion people and if they all just give $1 each that's $9 billion dollars.

Source: Port Adelaide Management Accountants

Yep, only need to find the .0000119 percent of the population that enjoy the game, not like looking for a needle in a haystack at all.

Source: I'm sure there was a heat map.

I used to play footy (AFL) in London in 2012. The league only had six teams with two grades. Quite a few Aussies around back then, but I don't know if it's significant enough for them to pull this off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back