Crows to face Power in U23 trial game at Thebarton 23/2/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we’ve got enough smaller players now
I was talking more from a SANFL "top up" player point of view to see how he developed much like Lachie Murphy, IMO on what I'd seen of both players I think Connor has even more potential than Murphy with his pace. Let's face it the SA "amateur" top ups are in the main 'spuds' even at SANFL level whilst kids like Murphy and Thar were both dominant players in what is recognised as the top junior competition in the country. Seems a no brainer to me for the paltry money we have to pay them along with find them some employment while they are with us and the rules allow us to do so.

Not much has been said about Straunie.

He is big and takes the ball at the highest point.

Not sure he will play any AFL. But did stand out a bit in this game and I reckon could be good at SANFL level.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Had a few nice moments including a 1 handed pickup and quick dish to a teammate which got a couple of oohs. He's still quite young, plenty of development left. Love our ginger ruckmen don't we?

I know he's on the small size for a midfielder but he played all his football as a midfielder with the Northern Knights...At least every time I saw him play anyway and he was invariably the Knights best along with Matthew Signorello, in one particular match playing against a stacked Ballarat Rebels midfield of Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage and Willem Drew here in Ballarat Lachie and Signorello were highly competitive. Lachie also won the Northern Knights B & F in his draft year that he surprisingly went undrafted. Played quite a bit of midfield on the weekend against Port and didn't look out of place.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...t/news-story/1fa441f1784e34267ce413c30a2f50ec

Northern Knights midfielder Lachlan Murphy takes home TAC Cup club’s best-and-fairest

Sounds like you have seen him more then most. I think Murphy can make it but not as a small forward, we have better options there. Maybe down back in a pocket.
Not many players make it as a forward pocket, especially starting out. Where else could he play?
I think we can agree that at the moment he not best 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back