Game Day Crows v Freo - Friday, probs not good

Remove this Banner Ad

John!

Remember in 2023 when improvement was based on our magical scoring shot numbers?

In 2023 first 2 rounds we were 0-2 but had one less scoring shot than GWS and 4 more than Richmond for a net result in +3.

In 2024 first rounds we are also 0-2 and had 6 less scoring shots against Gold Coast. We had 4 less scoring shots against Geelong for a net result of -10 scoring shots!

Surely by your own metric we have gone massively backwards?

But our inside 50 numbers are elite.

Not very often I want us to get pumped. Tonight I hope it happens.

Smithers has been a great player for us, but he is done. Also hope tonight is the game that mainstream supporters pick up on this and Importantly the club as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Embarrassingly, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a 100+ point style humiliation that stamped Neil's papers. It needs to be so bad that it wakes the club the furk up. Nicks has hope due to his extension, but if he continues with the 'experience + continuity = success' methodogy, he'll be gone and never be a senior coach again. That said, I doubt he wins the gig if he isn't totally wedded to existent club philosophies. So it's unlikely he's capable of change.

Freo by 32 points. Smith to play a shocker, us to be in the game till half time then blown away second half.

Nicks post game will say one of ā€œwe are so close to winning it is scaryā€ā€¦ā€no one is more frustrated than the guys in that change roomā€ā€¦ā€we had a plan for (insert player that gets 40 possessions/ 5 goals / 10 interceptions) but it just didnt workā€ā€¦ā€ā€Thought Murphy, McHenry, Smith had great gamesā€¦really working through their lack of formā€ā€¦

Freo by 32 points. Smith to play a shocker, us to be in the game till half time then blown away second half.

Nicks post game will say one of ā€œwe are so close to winning it is scaryā€ā€¦ā€no one is more frustrated than the guys in that change roomā€ā€¦ā€we had a plan for (insert player that gets 40 possessions/ 5 goals / 10 interceptions) but it just didnt workā€ā€¦ā€ā€Thought Murphy, McHenry, Smith had great gamesā€¦really working through their lack of formā€ā€¦

My money is on Smith getting 20+ disposals by making sure he's there to take 90% of kick ins. Off to Sportsbet.

Away wins under Nicks against teams not bottom 4:

2020: Carlton @ Gold Coast
2021: Hawthorn @ Docklands
2022: Bulldogs @ Ballarat
2023: None

Tonight doesn't bode well at all, especially given we've backed the boys in after the first two shitfests.
Hey don't sell us short, we won against Port last year playing away... šŸ˜¬

I've always loved this club but im done pouring my emotional investment into the results.
Idgaf about the result anymore. Whatever happens will happen.
It's just another game.
Same; I feel really flat too. I'm looking at another mediocre year, followed by a Nicks' sacking mid-2025.
Then another re-start. Hard to look forward to :sadv1: .
3 days ago, I suggested to my mate we go fishing tonight (good high tide on dusk).
Also a Crows fan, he reminded me the Crows were gonna be playing tonight.

He's keen to watch the game; I still want to go fishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle have good form and that includes beating Brisbane in Perth. While I don't think we have the worst form going around, we appear sleepy and have only really put together 2 good quarters this year. Thats a lot to turn around against a team thats not travelling so bad.

I dont think we have the side to win unfortunately. I do think we will throw everything at this game in a desperate attempt to win so I can see it being an even match. Unfortunately it will fall into the honourable loss basket.

This is where we need to be in active development. We have some serious holes to pug in the side within the next 12 months and I don't see us in any hurry to try and fix it.
Pug Toilet GIF

You canā€™t compare 2 rounds in 2024 relative to an entire season in 2023. Still too early to see if there is an absolute trend (good or bad) this year.

You can argue losing round 1 against the Suns was expected in an away game with 2 missing big forwards. With the only disappointment being against the Cats. But then the Cats are a total enigma, and may end up being in the top 4 this season.
Sorry mate. I just can't agree.
This poster is right:
See sense, John. It wasn't the results, it was the way we went about it in both games that have us raging.
The Crows have been hesitant, fumbly and look confused to me, by Nicks' selections and mixed messages from the Coaches too I reckon. Junior forward goes public, wanting more midfield time which is Coach-defiance.

The defence is unsettled. Sholl, Murphy, Smith totally unwarranted selections.
It's a mess.

Sure thing: We will play some Freo spud into form, lose and have no unforced changes applied to anyone older than 24.

Most at stake: Fremantle defenders. We are going to bomb it long and indiscriminately, just how any defence would like it, they can't mess this up.

Doomsday: We win and Nicks gets to pretend he isn't a total fraud.

Pure fantasy: Brodie Smith will look before he kicks it.
You thought you didn't like Eagles... well how about FALCONS?!šŸ’„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back