Game Day Crows v Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you're not having luck finding a free street park, the Central Market Carpark should be a dependable option.

Night parking rates apply if you go in after 6pm on Thursdays and costs $7 (until 6.30am). Can then stroll out to Vic square and catch tram to railway station.

https://adelaidecentralmarket.com.au/parking/
Love the Central Market car park. Actually come to think of it (as I will be coming in from the north) I will park in a random unrestricted street in Prospect and catch and Uber to the ground. Silly me never thought of that.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Would love to tell you but then you'd take my carpark

😂

81A0328D-0A1B-4722-91EE-41F233A2426A.jpeg

Has all the hallmarks of a danger game.

Badly undermanned opposition missing nearly every star player. Opposition just got smashed; backs to the wall. Short break off several tough games in a row. Playing at home. Opposition plays a tough, contested, pressured, dirty ball game we have struggled with. Question marks over selection (Greenwood cooked? Douglas? Gibbs?)

Historically this is the sort of game we get complacent in and turn up looking like absolute s**t. Often we can tell we've lost within the first 10 minutes.

Have we truly changed our ways? Tonight will tell. I think we have and expect us to win by 40+

We can't just turn up expecting to win, we did in the SANFL with a host of AFL players against a lowly, depleted Bloods and nearly paid the price. Need to be switched on from the get-go, Richmond have often let teams get a run-on so it would be nice to put them to the sword early.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of the (many) things that concerns me is that we seem unable to really dominate an opposition. Even when we are clearly the best team we seem to scrape through in a close encounter. I'd really like to see us be able to dominate a game.
This is true - bar GCS all our wins have been less than 30 points.

It’s more a product of the way we now play. Doesn’t lend itself to high scores or big margins. Yet we still have 4th highest % in the league.

I’m expecting a win tonight but certainly not by a large margin. They will still field a very competitive side looking to hit back from last week.

Maybe 15-20 points at best.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Badly undermanned opposition missing nearly every star player. Opposition just got smashed; backs to the wall. Short break off several tough games in a row. Playing at home. Opposition plays a tough, contested, pressured, dirty ball game we have struggled with. Question marks over selection (Greenwood cooked? Douglas? Gibbs?)

Historically this is the sort of game we get complacent in and turn up looking like absolute ****. Often we can tell we've lost within the first 10 minutes.

Have we truly changed our ways? Tonight will tell. I think we have and expect us to win by 40+
Funnily enough the Richmond 2019 season is looking eerily similar to the Crows 2018 season.

Battled unconvincingly to 7-3 with some easy win games, but a host of injuries to key players. Eventually reaching the halfway mark of the season, upon which the injuries and tiring depth players reached a tipping point, and the team went into a downward spiral.

They lose tonight and its 3 on the trot, with a dismal percentage. Only difference is the Vic media are still in love with them, by this point we were lower then a snakes belly in the media's eyes!

Got passes for tonight, looking forward to it and hopefully a solid win.
Any tips on good parking options in and around North Adelaide?
NOT the WCH. Every time there's a night game and we're going in for chemo, the Carpark is full - with people streaming out of it with scarves and beanies :(

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be fair, we haven't had an opposition team not turn up against us all year. Compare that to Port, who had both West Coast and St Kilda give up without a whimper against them.
I am 'acquainted' with an ex AFL CHF mega star. I kid you not - mega star (at the time).

I have it on good authority from an ex oppo CHF mega star, that his team, at least, always set themselves for the Crows, because of the size of the club, Adelaide - capital of SA v Vic suburban team. Was always a bigger deal to knock off the Crows.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Rightfully, we should absolutely smash them tonight... so if we dont at least win then we might as well give up on any ideas of us being contenders..

-At home
-Nearly at full strength
-Tigers missing 3 of their top 5 in cotch, Jack and Rance
-no nank
-Dusty with an injury cloud hanging over him. Wont be 100%.

I think there are two things that could stop us from winning.

Laziness
Complacency

Hopefully we aren’t looking at their outs thinking its gonna be a cakewalk..

Tigers are out to $4 for the win... we are around $1.20.

Time to make a strong statement to the rest of the comp and show the tigers no mercy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
A good game plan on wet nights is to park near the Wellington Hotel. Drop in for a glass or two and then catch the free Welly Express to the oval. There is also a free bus back after the game and a free Heineken if you drop back into the Welly...... strictly for those with some measure of control over their drinking.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Historically this is the sort of game we get complacent in and turn up looking like absolute ****. Often we can tell we've lost within the first 10 minutes.

Didn't see too much of a sustained "backs to the wall" performance by the Tigers last week after the North upset.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funnily enough the Richmond 2019 season is looking eerily similar to the Crows 2018 season.

Battled unconvincingly to 7-3 with some easy win games, but a host of injuries to key players. Eventually reaching the halfway mark of the season, upon which the injuries and tiring depth players reached a tipping point, and the team went into a downward spiral.

They lose tonight and its 3 on the trot, with a dismal percentage. Only difference is the Vic media are still in love with them, by this point we were lower then a snakes belly in the media's eyes!

Post lacks naked men tied to trees.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got passes for tonight, looking forward to it and hopefully a solid win.
Any tips on good parking options in and around North Adelaide?

Another option is those side streets between waymouth and flinders have no limits after 6. You need to get early though. It's about a 15 minute walk to the oval in a crowd. The topham mall car park is only 8 bucks for the footy

There's also the botanic gardens, another 10 minute walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back