Game Day Crows Vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel dirty that I don’t want us to win this game.

Just the two wins against the Giants and Carlton thanks; Richmond too if it keeps us last.

I worry if we win we will double down on experience and will lock in Mackay, Hartigan, MCrouch et al for the rest of the year and bring back every player we possibly can to get out of bottom spot.

If this is the 'rebuilding' path we are going down I'm considering giving up watching for the year. Whats the point watching known failures play week in week out and have no accountability for their performance?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Call me crazy but I'd love to see my team win. Especially if it's a result of increased output and confidence of our younger players. I don't think there is much danger of a team finishing below us on the ladder anyway. Plus, it's not like there is a clear pick 1 in this draft that isn't aligned to an academy.

However I expect that we will lose today. I'm hoping for some positive signs though.

Get the feeling that a real sense of depression will sink in among the coaches and players if we lose today. More than it already has I mean.

Any energy we have, enthusiasm for the task, being up for the challenge of a rebuild etc will dissipate completely once the realisation sets in that we aren't going to win a game.

I feel that today is the question of whether we join the Carlton/Melbourne rebuild club - where you are down for decades in a pit of hopelessness and climbing out is too great a task.

Or if it's a good club rebuild where you're down for a bit, grab some decent picks, regroup then rise. Typically even in bad years there are a sprinkling of positives to keep the enthusiasm levels up. Light at the end of the tunnel.

We haven't had any positives yet and it's starting to get a Carlton/Melbourne feel.

The coaches/players need some fuel for the work required and some indication that they are making progress.

I'm sure that's why we've picked such an old team. Sadly that will render any 'win' irrelevant anyway.

Call me crazy but I'd love to see my team win. Especially if it's a result of increased output and confidence of our younger players. I don't think there is much danger of a team finishing below us on the ladder anyway. Plus, it's not like there is a clear pick 1 in this draft that isn't aligned to an academy.

However I expect that we will lose today. I'm hoping for some positive signs though.

The problem is that even if it is the kids doing what you hope, it'll be seen by our coaches that there's wins to be had and we'll see the kids pushed out as more experience becomes available. We're probably stuffed anyway, our selection culture is no different whether we're top or bottom. Experience and continuity wins the day.

Get the feeling that a real sense of depression will sink in among the coaches and players if we lose today. More than it already has I mean.

Any energy we have, enthusiasm for the task, being up for the challenge of a rebuild etc will dissipate completely once the realisation sets in that we aren't going to win a game.

I feel that today is the question of whether we join the Carlton/Melbourne rebuild club - where you are down for decades in a pit of hopelessness and climbing out is too great a task.

Or if it's a good club rebuild where you're down for a bit, grab some decent picks, regroup then rise. Typically even in bad years there are a sprinkling of positives to keep the enthusiasm levels up. Light at the end of the tunnel.

We haven't had any positives yet and it's starting to get a Carlton/Melbourne feel.

The coaches/players need some fuel for the work required and some indication that they are making progress.

I'm sure that's why we've picked such an old team. Sadly that will render any 'win' irrelevant anyway.

I don't really see it that way. Teams can turn it around quick because they're run by good clubs. Bad clubs stay down, good clubs get some high end talent for a year or 2 and rise again. A win today has no impact on whether we rise, it's already set in stone. We've got the worst leaders of any club in the land. Everyone in key roles in our footy dept came with L plates. We actively destroyed the 'we're together' fabric of our playing group by rolling out players to speak glowingly of the camp whilst silencing those who were hurting. We're already there, we're screwed. The quickest way out is maximum pain so that admin/board can be stripped bare and a new culture birthed. But Melbourne and Carlton we already are,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that even if it is the kids doing what you hope, it'll be seen by our coaches that there's wins to be had and we'll see the kids pushed out as more experience becomes available. We're probably stuffed anyway, our selection culture is no different whether we're top or bottom. Experience and continuity wins the day.
Other than Atkins, Gibbs and Kelly who are emergencies, do we have any more experience to come in? And while I’ve never been more angry at the club than I am right now, I can’t believe they’d drop even more young guys to squeeze those three in... I mean, they couldn’t right? I’d still like to see a win, as long as Stengle and McAdam kick 6 between them, McAsey clunks a few big intercept marks, Hamill provides a tonne of run off the HB and Jones gets 25+ touches that actually do something. But yes, I am still mightily annoyed that instead of 2 young guys plus an experienced head on each line, we’ve essentially flipped that and have 2 experienced heads and 1 young guy... and any team selecting Hartigan and Mackay consistently aren’t doing a great job at a rebuild.

Anyhow. Go Crows.

I win would be good, it would be better if it was on the back of a couple of our younger players having a cracking game.

I understand people's view that we are picking to many senior players, but we are yet to see barely anyone be it a rookie or a senior player reward the club with a cracking game.

A win with a Jones having a blinder or McAdam kicking 5 would be brilliant, or even Hamill getting BOG, it gives everyone a sense we are moving forward.

I wonder what happens if MCrouch has another shocker.

Last edited:
essendon by 16+ at 2.10 is a bet that I do like. But see how we go.. crows win great crows lose by more than 16 great
It’s terrible what my life has become now the crows are bad! Although was watching the port game yesterday with a house full of power supporters was excellent.. weekend wasn’t totally crap

essendon by 16+ at 2.10 is a bet that I do like. But see how we go.. crows win great crows lose by more than 16 great
It’s terrible what my life has become now the crows are bad! Although was watching the port game yesterday with a house full of power supporters was excellent.. weekend wasn’t totally crap
Did you barrack out loud for Saints...I certainly did.

I think you guys will either spank us or come close. I cannot back my club as we were horrendous against the dogs. I expect O'Brien to smash old man Bellcho who is like a statue when he isn't doing the HO's.

Seedsman and Hamill are great and the Crouch Brothers will have a field day without Shiel to support Merrett and McGrath in the mid.

Good luck guys. May the best (or least horrendous team) win!

This is today then?

I dont think it will define anything for our long term mentality - apart from the concern 1970 has that a win will reinforce the ''senior players play ''mantra

We are 7 games into this and people think this defines our future?

Anyway - I want Quad Aces this afternoon but I dont think it happens - I have also tipped Adelaide - but I have 1 tip right this weekend

Day of important footy game for our team especially younger inexperienced players and they in particular McAdam and Stengle would read they were out of form according to their forwards coach Mr Bloody Ben Hart.
Good on you Ben, that would make them feel really really good, especially when McAdam in particular showing real ability which should grow with confidence .
Bet you are the clown that thinks Himmelburg is a better forward contest big and back up ruck than Frampton.
Anyway Ben whilst none of above are stars, but got lot more ability as players than you have as a coach mate and enjoy making stupid statements and changes whilst you can, as even the boys club not going to get you a gig next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back