Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Go down alittle but holding well for mine. If weekend green happens things are looking very good.
Strong support @ 210. Would like to see another healthy rise soon.

The latter half of this year and in particular 2019 will see more than just denial from big banks. Their business will be coming under direct threat from blockchain and the FUD they will be putting out there will be massive. Essentially they will try to do what oil companies did to the electric car in the 90's, and thats kill off cryptocurrency completely. I wouldnt put it past big bank whales to buy up billions of dollars worth of crypto, and then wait for a huge market correction and dump their holdings to make the crash even worse.

Bankers have already bought billions mate and will continue to. They're the ones mostly responsible for the pump and dumps we've been witnessing.

Bankers have already bought billions mate and will continue to. They're the ones mostly responsible for the pump and dumps we've been witnessing.

I'd ask for a source on that but given that's completely and utterly misinformed I know you wouldn't be able to provide one.

The latter half of this year and in particular 2019 will see more than just denial from big banks. Their business will be coming under direct threat from blockchain and the FUD they will be putting out there will be massive. Essentially they will try to do what oil companies did to the electric car in the 90's, and thats kill off cryptocurrency completely. I wouldnt put it past big bank whales to buy up billions of dollars worth of crypto, and then wait for a huge market correction and dump their holdings to make the crash even worse.

Big banks are not in denial about it, they are already trying to break into the cryptocurrency market by incorporating blockchain into their own business structures and creating their own cryptocurrencies. Japan's largest bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), announced in January that they're creating their own cryptocurrency called MUFG Coin, which will launch in March. Volatility won't be an issue because each MUFG Coin will be equal to one yen. Blockchain is here to stay, yes. But bitcoin? I don't know...I think bitcoin's ultimate fate is anyone's guess at this point. The big banks will fight back. Perhaps the novelty value of bitcoin will diminish when banks have their own cryptocurrencies that provide the same benefits of bitcoin, without all the hassle.

Watch this space. It's only a matter of time before other big banks follow suit.

Last edited:
Big banks are not in denial about it, they are already trying to break into the cryptocurrency market by incorporating blockchain into their own business structures and creating their own cryptocurrencies. Japan's largest bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), announced in January that they're creating their own cryptocurrency called MUFG Coin, which will launch in March. Volatility won't be an issue because each MUFG Coin will be equal to one yen. Blockchain is here to stay, yes. But bitcoin? I don't know...I think bitcoin's ultimate fate is anyone's guess at this point. The big banks will fight back. Perhaps the novelty value of bitcoin will diminish when banks have their own cryptocurrencies that provide the same benefits of bitcoin, without all the hassle.

Watch this space. It's only a matter of time before other big banks follow suit.
I think you're right.

There are currently two extremes: 1) Completely decentralized, run by the people cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and 2) The traditional, centralized banking systems.

The main issue people have with '2' is that the value of the currency can be affected by governments printing more money and bankers doing dodgy s**t with people's money (eg. sub-prime mortgages in US, etc.). But seemingly the problem behind '1' (in its purest form) taking off into mainstream usage (eg. non-tech heads over the age of 50 - the ones who hold the most wealth) is that they don't understand it and don't trust it. And all the negative things that have been happening (eg. hacks, crashes, pump'n'dumps, ico scams, links to dark web, etc.) scare them off it. It doesn't matter that traditional banks have been bending them over all their life. It's all they know and they trust it because they at least understand it.

I think ultimately cryptocurrencies will be the future. But it's most likely going to be one created or adopted by big banks, and one that governments can have at least partial regulatory power over. There's a lot of people standing on the crypto sidelines who are scared they'll lose their hard earned. They're just waiting for their traditional banks and/or government to tell them it's alright to jump into the crypto pool - "just make sure you wear your floaties, and stay in the shallow end where we can keep an eye on you."

I think you're right.

There are currently two extremes: 1) Completely decentralized, run by the people cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and 2) The traditional, centralized banking systems.

The main issue people have with '2' is that the value of the currency can be affected by governments printing more money and bankers doing dodgy s**t with people's money (eg. sub-prime mortgages in US, etc.). But seemingly the problem behind '1' (in its purest form) taking off into mainstream usage (eg. non-tech heads over the age of 50 - the ones who hold the most wealth) is that they don't understand it and don't trust it. And all the negative things that have been happening (eg. hacks, crashes, pump'n'dumps, ico scams, links to dark web, etc.) scare them off it. It doesn't matter that traditional banks have been bending them over all their life. It's all they know and they trust it because they at least understand it.

I think ultimately cryptocurrencies will be the future. But it's most likely going to be one created or adopted by big banks, and one that governments can have at least partial regulatory power over. There's a lot of people standing on the crypto sidelines who are scared they'll lose their hard earned. They're just waiting for their traditional banks and/or government to tell them it's alright to jump into the crypto pool - "just make sure you wear your floaties, and stay in the shallow end where we can keep an eye on you."

Nice analogy.

Btw this is a must watch imo. Shows what the U.S is thinking re: crypto. It's a mixed bag-- overall the sentiment is bearish re: ICO's (they really want to clamp down on them), but definitely lukewarm and pretty open minded when it comes to crypto in general. There are even some extremely bullish comments, the senator @ 1:11:40 is definitely one of us ;) Also at 1:18:35 Giancarlo (CFTC Chairman) explains how he sees the blockchain value proposition/application

Last edited:
Btw this is a must watch imo. Shows what the U.S is thinking re: crypto. It's a mixed bag-- overall the sentiment is bearish re: ICO's (they really want to clamp down on them), but definitely lukewarm and pretty open minded when it comes to crypto in general. There are even some extremely bullish comments, the senator @ 1:11:40 is definitely one of us ;) Also at 1:18:35 Giancarlo (CFTC Chairman) explains how he sees the blockchain value proposition/application

Doug Polk had a good YouTube video about that. Went for an hour and a half so it’s good listening for cleaning the house or car. Found it funny that some tart in a red dress went off topic to do some political point scoring. Typical attention seeking pollie. For the most part though the sentiment towards crypto seemed positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

XVG might be 1 watch during the week. Made some very positive headlines and was up as much as 40% before the usual sunday/Monday decline. Will be interesting.

60 minutes right now. Quite funny.

Little segment on crypto ..

Auscoin. Lolol losers.

How’s that Ponzi scammer in the first segment. Wtf.
The USI-TECH thing was the best segment ever. The bloke looked like an absolute idiot.

Any half reasonable person knows most alt coins will burst. Seriously how many "super fast, scalable. private" coins does there need to be.

Some coins that solve real world issues will go insane just like amazon, ebay, google did.

Just dont invest in stupid projects like "paccoin"

The USI-TECH thing was the best segment ever. The bloke looked like an absolute idiot.

Any half reasonable person knows most alt coins will burst. Seriously how many "super fast, scalable. private" coins does there need to be.

Some coins that solve real world issues will go insane just like amazon, ebay, google did.

Just dont invest in stupid projects like "paccoin"
I'm not a bitcoin believer but I 100% agree in what ur saying

95% of the market is absolute garbage but there is 5% that will probably change the way we go about currency

It's like picking a needle in a haystack though

I'm not a bitcoin believer but I 100% agree in what ur saying

95% of the market is absolute garbage but there is 5% that will probably change the way we go about currency

It's like picking a needle in a haystack though
Not even specifically about currency but I believe coins/tokens like VEChain, Ripple, Power Ledger are projects which may live on strongly in the future.

Also besides a privacy coin to use on dark web I doubt fiat is in danger from crypto m in the next 30 years at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back