Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Looks like Bitcoin has fallen. Hopefully it will be won't crash.
Though if it crashes and rebounds and you get in at the bottom....
It's a standard bull market correction for bitcoin. Those who were waiting for a dip to buy have an opportunity now. Those who wanted to sell should have done so at 40k.

Such is life.

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers
If he can accept the possibility of losing everything, that's a good start. A safe allocation would be 70% BTC and 30% ETH.

Most shitcoins have one massive pump (at best) before they die. Don't invest in shitcoins. Everything other than BTC and ETH is a shitcoin afaic.

He'd do well to go all in right now tbh. We've just had a correction, so he can be sure that he's not buying the absolute top if that provides any level of comfort. There's at least a few people who are willing to buy his bags at higher prices than we have now.
OK THANKS, excuse my lack of understanding, what is BTC? I dont know this statement: "Everything other than BTC and ETH is a shitcoin afaic".

How does he get started, do you use a broker or what? I have no idea.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
OK THANKS, excuse my lack of understanding, what is BTC? I dont know this statement: "Everything other than BTC and ETH is a shitcoin afaic".

How does he get started, do you use a broker or what? I have no idea.
BTC is short for bitcoin. ETH is short for ethereum. They're considered the most legitimate forms of cryptocurrencies.

There are a lot of scams to be wary of, so its best to stick to those two if you're unsure or are starting off. Bitcoin is the most likely to be successful in the long term because it has no direct competitor for its application.

Cryptocurrencies are risky investments. Minimising the risk by sticking to bitcoin and ethereum is likely to be more profitable than chasing the penny stock versions that pump hard and dump just as hard.

I started off using independent reserve for my initial cryptocurrency buys. They're Australian based and regulated. You can transfer money directly from your bank account and purchase cryptocurrency through their exchange. There are other legitimate Australian crypto exchanges, but that's the only Australian based one I can speak of from personal experience.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting people are worried about 'taking profits'. Why do you need that useless fiat when crypto is so much better?
The same reasons people wouldn't take profits from other investments. They want more profit.

Why do you need useless fiat when gold is so much better? Unfortunately, you can't buy milk from coles using gold.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
BTC is short for bitcoin. ETH is short for ethereum. They're considered the most legitimate forms of cryptocurrencies.

There are a lot of scams to be wary of, so its best to stick to those two if you're unsure or are starting off. Bitcoin is the most likely to be successful in the long term because it has no direct competitor for its application.

Cryptocurrencies are risky investments. Minimising the risk by sticking to bitcoin and ethereum is likely to be more profitable than chasing the penny stock versions that pump hard and dump just as hard.

I started off using independent reserve for my initial cryptocurrency buys. They're Australian based and regulated. You can transfer money directly from your bank account and purchase cryptocurrency through their exchange. There are other legitimate Australian crypto exchanges, but that's the only Australian based one I can speak of from personal experience.
It’s virtually impossible to trade back into Australian dollar though yeah? You can purchase all you want when cheap. No one is buying at its peak, so hard to offload?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s virtually impossible to trade back into Australian dollar though yeah? You can purchase all you want when cheap. No one is buying at its peak, so hard to offload?
The exchanges I use have AUD off-ramps.

Even Binance has AUD markets. Liquidity could be an issue if you try to do a large market sell. If you can buy using fiat, you can sell to fiat. It's not an issue.

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we are seeing the beginning of another 1-2 year red line for all coins, this recent pump was too good to be true, there's not going to be anymore stimulus packages for a while to make what has happened happen again any time soon, cash out

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Not happy with strength of this bounce so I'm taking profits and ill reevaluate tomorrow. Need to get above 36k.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
I think we are seeing the beginning of another 1-2 year red line for all coins, this recent pump was too good to be true, there's not going to be anymore stimulus packages for a while to make what has happened happen again any time soon, cash out
Lol.. reminder this bull run will last til October for mine.

Also 28% of the world fiat was printed last year for the whole time fiat has been printed ..
where do you think the elites put that? Stocks and bitcoin etc.

It’s not about the poor. Money printing is for the rich only. Manipulation.

When your buying s**t that’s already 6x plus depending on the coin you well and truly don’t give a stuff about corrections. For people who have been playing for years it’s about building up while it’s low. Hodl until bull run. And gamble with the risk money on coins you may think go up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Hodler not a trader here.. what TA are you guys looking for to base your eth trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pivot points, MRI indicator, targets based on structure formation, moving averages, RSI, and support/resistance zones are my main go to. Also good to keep an eye on inflows and outflows to and from exchanges. When you see a big inflow, there's a good chance a dump in coming.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Seeing old dinosaur shitcoins like XVG pump has given me motivation to look for other shitcoins that haven't pumped yet. As soon as they pump, I'll sell.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Why zil? The only coins I'm confident about in the long term are bitcoin, ethereum, and monero.
Monero is my favourite, but it could get banned.
I’ll trade the others when I think they peaked. I bought zil 8 months ago and thought I’m just going to hodl with it forever. Lol

Also the Same with Polkadot.. just gotta good feeling in 7 years it will be huge

Back