List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
All I'll say is i hope by by next year he Isn't best 22. (I don't think he is now)

Unless they're a Queenslander, our standard question when interviewing potential player acquisitions should be: 'do you want to play for the suns?'. if the answer is yes. get up and walk out, as it pretty much means the player knows they won't get a gig elsewhere.
if they say no, second question, 'how about for a phat cheque?'

I'd hate to be on our list management team.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This would usually be announced at the end of year with little fuss but we are in desperate need of any positivity.
It really has the feel of the list manager doing the rounds of all the players asking for volunteers for a contract extension
On the same day Adelaide announced Sloane's extension it seems somewhat strained to say the least

PokerChamp

Senior List
Mar 29, 2006
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just signing list clogger's isn't going to help them in the future.

Holman tries his guts out every week, but he just isnt good enough and not worthy of a contract extension.

Same goes for Young.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
A 1 year contract extension on minimal money is hardly going to be breaking the bank. Brings a bit of character to the club, and think he gets a rough deal on here, seems to bob up for a goal every week as well, which for a small forward is handy.

One year deals are fine for potential list cloggers - 3 year deals for players that are not walk up best 22 players is when it gets ridiculous

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A 1 year contract extension on minimal money is hardly going to be breaking the bank. Brings a bit of character to the club, and think he gets a rough deal on here, seems to bob up for a goal every week as well, which for a small forward is handy.
I rate him, especially over the last few weeks.

We can sign all the talent in the world, but if they don’t want to be here and sulk about like Lynch, there’s not much point in having them.

Going to need a few like Holman next year that are genuinely grateful for the game time and work hard for it. Build a culture of guys who want to be here, not taking a well paid holiday on the Gold Coast.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I rate him, especially over the last few weeks.

We can sign all the talent in the world, but if they don’t want to be here and sulk about like Lynch, there’s not much point in having them.

Going to need a few like Holman next year that are genuinely grateful for the game time and work hard for it. Build a culture of guys who want to be here, not taking a well paid holiday on the Gold Coast.
One year deal is ok not two or three for his type.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not down on him.I was blah blah early doors but he's won me over.Just not someone I would be issuing press releases about re-signing.Comes across as desperado

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Agree - keeps some stability next year while the younger ones grow.
One thing good about him is you know he will give his all whether playing AFL or NEAFL . I hope GC consider more mature age State league players this year ,

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Resigning Lemmens and Holman makes it almost impossible for Lynch to leave now knowing these superstars are staying and committing, great strategy pretty much now is a lock for Lynchy to stay, how could he want to leave with that level of talent staying:rolleyes:

Holman signed because honestly no other club would want him and if he wants to keep his AFL career alive we were the only option, and because we struggle to hold on to any players if someone is committed to the club then we want them on our list and sign them. What a crazy world we live in.

On that note I'm happy it's only 1 year. I like his hardness at the ball but he turns the ball over too much.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Holman signed because honestly no other club would want him and if he wants to keep his AFL career alive we were the only option, and because we struggle to hold on to any players if someone is committed to the club then we want them on our list and sign them. What a crazy world we live in.

On that note I'm happy it's only 1 year. I like his hardness at the ball but he turns the ball over too much.
If Aaron Young get two years ,I can't see why Holman don't deserve one year contract extension.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
If Aaron Young get two years ,I can't see why Holman don't deserve one year contract extension.

That's not a high benchmark we are setting for re-signings.

By the Lemmens / Schoenfeld benchmark the entire list would qualify for 3 year deals

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's not a high benchmark we are setting for re-signings.

By the Lemmens / Schoenfeld benchmark the entire list would qualify for 3 year deals
I can let go of Shoenfield 3 years , because I think is a genuine mistake , as he signed when Dew and Craig Cameron just came in . As for Lehmann I am not sure 3 years is a wise move .

Back