Remove this Banner Ad

108CAM

Always Hunting For Lost Football Club Songs
May 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Draw FC, The Bye
This is a custom WCE Club Song I made by mixing together different portions of the 4 songs used by the club from 1987 until now.
Making this song took quite some time as I wanted to get the best of all 4 Eagles songs in my custom song while making the transition points as seamless as I could.
Below is a visual representation of the song which I screenshotted from my audio editor and added coloured bars (in Eagles colours of course) to show where the portions of each song start and end plus sections with overlaps and a colour key that shows which colour is for which song. Eagles Song Colour Key.png
When creating this song, I wanted to embrace the best of all 4 songs and found that using a standard song structure (Intro -> Verse 1 -> Chorus -> Verse 2 - Chorus -> Bridge -> Chorus Twice) would work really well. Below is an overview of how my custom song embraces all 4 WCE songs while maintaining a fairly seamless transition between clips.
The Intro, First verse & First Chorus are taken from the 2020 Birds of Tokyo song which then flows into the Second Verse. The Second Verse uses the First Verse of the 1987 song with an instrumental version of the Birds of Tokyo song playing behind it. The Second Chorus is also from the 1987 song and has the 2020 instrumentals playing behind it. After the Second Chorus, the 2020 instrumentals stop and the iconic "Wise men from the East" portion forms the bridge with the drumroll in the "West Coast Eagles Feast" line flowing into the combined drumbeats from the 2000 & 2018 songs. The Double Chorus is actually the 2000 & 2018 songs playing in perfect sync with the cheering sounds from the 2000 song as an outro.
I've included an MP3 of the song so all you Eagles fans can hear what I've created. Hopefully this brings some happiness to the Eagle Clan after the disappointing 2023 season.

Attachments

• West Coast Eagles Custom Song.mp3
    4.5 MB

It's alright guys, I clicked on the link and it's not ransomware.
Thanks for checking the link.
WCE just really need to redo the original and just modernise it a bit. Still has the best chorus of all of them.
I do agree that the original has the best choruses although I do like the trumpets in the 2018 version.
If they were to create a song based off the original, it would definitely need some modernisation

This is a custom WCE Club Song I made by mixing together different portions of the 4 songs used by the club from 1987 until now.
Making this song took quite some time as I wanted to get the best of all 4 Eagles songs in my custom song while making the transition points as seamless as I could.
Below is a visual representation of the song which I screenshotted from my audio editor and added coloured bars (in Eagles colours of course) to show where the portions of each song start and end plus sections with overlaps and a colour key that shows which colour is for which song.View attachment 1733147
When creating this song, I wanted to embrace the best of all 4 songs and found that using a standard song structure (Intro -> Verse 1 -> Chorus -> Verse 2 - Chorus -> Bridge -> Chorus Twice) would work really well. Below is an overview of how my custom song embraces all 4 WCE songs while maintaining a fairly seamless transition between clips.
The Intro, First verse & First Chorus are taken from the 2020 Birds of Tokyo song which then flows into the Second Verse. The Second Verse uses the First Verse of the 1987 song with an instrumental version of the Birds of Tokyo song playing behind it. The Second Chorus is also from the 1987 song and has the 2020 instrumentals playing behind it. After the Second Chorus, the 2020 instrumentals stop and the iconic "Wise men from the East" portion forms the bridge with the drumroll in the "West Coast Eagles Feast" line flowing into the combined drumbeats from the 2000 & 2018 songs. The Double Chorus is actually the 2000 & 2018 songs playing in perfect sync with the cheering sounds from the 2000 song as an outro.
I've included an MP3 of the song so all you Eagles fans can hear what I've created. Hopefully this brings some happiness to the Eagle Clan after the disappointing 2023 season.
I admire the effort put into this. Would be interesting to hear as one song as the flow is quite good. I'm probably in the minority as someone who likes Kenny's version but listening to this, how good are the drums in the bridge, the trumpets in the chorus and the harmonies? They're the elements that give you goosebumps.

Is that you saying that or the hackers who took over your account?
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

those are the best bits?
Yes and No
My goal was to make a custom song that begins subtle then builds up to an exciting ending.
I experimented with different endings and verses to get the flow of the song as seamless as I could and this is what I came up with.

Always have a soft spot for that 00s version, makes me remember being a teenager watching Judd & co at Subi. The descending chords at “we’re flying high” are my favourite part. Horns would add to it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back