Dale Morris- 250 games

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite Bulldog, and all around nice guy.

I stood at the GF Parade with my sign saying I love you Moz ang got the thumbs up.

At the season launch in 2017, I walked over to Moz to get him to sign my Bulldog Premiership Poster (god it’s good to write that), and went to pull up because Moz was trying to eat his dinner, but too late he saw me and stood up. He signed my poster and was up for a chat but I kept it short so he could get back to his dinner. But I did tell him that I held it together really well at the GF until he went and got presented his premiership medal, and then the tears flowed.

Who can name his three AFL goals? Without cheating - come on you only cheating yoself.

I got one - v Brisbane 2006. I think.
Round 3, 2009 vs Richmond. A set shot in the 2nd quarter.

Had lunch at WO today and the great man walked right by me.
I went jelly at the knees , broke into a sweat !
Be still my beating heart.
Havnt felt like this since I first laid eyes on my queen !

Could this mean I am in love again ?????? :eek:

Ps ; the pulled Lamb burger goes alright :thumbsu:

How much for the pulled lamb burger ? Why do they pull the poor lamb ?

True love for this man.

I reckon he would make an awesome fitness coach after he's done with footy. Always in incredible shape even now at 35 and seems to recover so well from injuries.

Few players get to star in one of those "Toyota Grand Final Magic Moments" played during the big dance. He'll be able to look at that with pride in the years to come.

Cheese on it KH?

Damian Barrett trying to suck up to Dale Morris in his Sliding Doors article? Probably afraid that Dale will make a bench press out of him!
‘IF you’re judging him on Brownlow votes, THEN he's a bust. One vote from 249 matches. But when it's Dale Morris, it just doesn't matter nor properly reflect the amazing impact he has had since working his way onto the Bulldogs' list as a rookie for the 2005 season. And quite possibly the best bloke to play AFL in that timeframe.’

Damian Barrett trying to suck up to Dale Morris in his Sliding Doors article? Probably afraid that Dale will make a bench press out of him!
‘IF you’re judging him on Brownlow votes, THEN he's a bust. One vote from 249 matches. But when it's Dale Morris, it just doesn't matter nor properly reflect the amazing impact he has had since working his way onto the Bulldogs' list as a rookie for the 2005 season. And quite possibly the best bloke to play AFL in that timeframe.’
I think it's just that Dale is such a nice bloke he's the only player not to have rolled his eyes and sighed as Barrett approached him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may not be in the same class as Whitten, Grant, Hawkins and others. But never was there a more humble and loyal servant of this great club. His milestone embodies what we advise our children to do. Always give your best. He’s done that, and is duly recognised for it by his loyal followers. His profile pic is on Wikipedia defining the word “underrated”

He may not be in the same class as Whitten, Grant, Hawkins and others. But never was there a more humble and loyal servant of this great club. His milestone embodies what we advise our children to do. Always give your best. He’s done that, and is duly recognised for it by his loyal followers. His profile pic is on Wikipedia defining the word “underrated”
Agree, he is someone you hold up as an example to everyone and say 'this is what we should all strive to be'

Dale gave Dammo his worst moment of his life when the tackle of Buddy spilled to Toyd and the stadium held its breath!

I know he has never been as 'exceptional' as Brian Lake was, or Chris Grant when playing back, or even your Kennedys and your Fosters, but if I had to pick the one standout Western Bulldogs defender of my time watching the Bulldogs, it'd be Dale Morris.

We adored E.J because he was great. In the eyes of the west, he bridged the divide between the east and the west, the rich and the poor, the successful and the unsuccessful. He was the weapon that the blue collar workers of Footscray (and Altona, Sunshine, Braybrook etc.) had in their pocket that allowed them to compete (and win) against those on the other side of town. Lack of success either side of his career has only entrenched his god-like status at our club. But the reality is that he was a football immortal who just happened to be born in Braybrook: he was strong, athletic, skillful and well-paid. He was 'working class' but he was anything but a battler.

Dale Morris is different. Unlike Ted, who was the version of ourselves that we all wanted to be, Morris personifies the very way that we view ourselves - as individuals, as a club and as a supporter group. A working class kid who was rejected by the system and had to fight for his AFL existence. Sound familiar? Humble, unfashionable, industrious, undersized, underrated... pick whichever cliche label you want, it works.

We loved Whitten, Hawkins and Grant precisely because they were better than us. We love Dale because he's not. He's the one of us that got to pull on the guernsey of the club we love every week. Has he ever played a bad game? I haven't seen it.

If our club was a serious one (history suggests we are not), then they should make a very grand gesture (not something our club has a winning record doing) and retire the 38 when Dale eventually retires. And I don't mean 'retiring' in the sense that we just don't issue the number in March of the year following a retirement, I mean 'retire' in the sense of a proper ceremony (probably with LEDs, fireworks and flamethrowers given current AFL House theatrics). It doesn't need to be forever, but for a few years at least. We do our own thing with 3, 5, 6, 7, 14 and now 2 and probably soon 4 and 11 (and it wears thin IMO). This is different. There's (probably) never going to be a statute of Dale Morris out the front of Whitten Oval; the club needs to do something to recognise the contribution.

I know he has never been as 'exceptional' as Brian Lake was, or Chris Grant when playing back, or even your Kennedys and your Fosters, but if I had to pick the one standout Western Bulldogs defender of my time watching the Bulldogs, it'd be Dale Morris.

We adored E.J because he was great. In the eyes of the west, he bridged the divide between the east and the west, the rich and the poor, the successful and the unsuccessful. He was the weapon that the blue collar workers of Footscray (and Altona, Sunshine, Braybrook etc.) had in their pocket that allowed them to compete (and win) against those on the other side of town. Lack of success either side of his career has only entrenched his god-like status at our club. But the reality is that he was a football immortal who just happened to be born in Braybrook: he was strong, athletic, skillful and well-paid. He was 'working class' but he was anything but a battler.

Dale Morris is different. Unlike Ted, who was the version of ourselves that we all wanted to be, Morris personifies the very way that we view ourselves - as individuals, as a club and as a supporter group. A working class kid who was rejected by the system and had to fight for his AFL existence. Sound familiar? Humble, unfashionable, industrious, undersized, underrated... pick whichever cliche label you want, it works.

We loved Whitten, Hawkins and Grant precisely because they were better than us. We love Dale because he's not. He's the one of us that got to pull on the guernsey of the club we love every week. Has he ever played a bad game? I haven't seen it.

If our club was a serious one (history suggests we are not), then they should make a very grand gesture (not something our club has a winning record doing) and retire the 38 when Dale eventually retires. And I don't mean 'retiring' in the sense that we just don't issue the number in March of the year following a retirement, I mean 'retire' in the sense of a proper ceremony (probably with LEDs, fireworks and flamethrowers given current AFL House theatrics). It doesn't need to be forever, but for a few years at least. We do our own thing with 3, 5, 6, 7, 14 and now 2 and probably soon 4 and 11 (and it wears thin IMO). This is different. There's (probably) never going to be a statute of Dale Morris out the front of Whitten Oval; the club needs to do something to recognise the contribution.
Hear hear

Only had the chance to meet him once at an open training session over in WA, I was a bit star struck cos I generally only see my team play from the other side of the fence or on TV. One thing about him though is that he just had time for everyone that wanted to chat or get him to sign something.

Steven King was the one telling people there how things would happen on the day, such as photos etc after training but they seemed to want to limit time from after training to being back on the team bus as a few of the players just did things in passing & went on their way. Not Moz though, I spoke to him earlier but he was still there with the kids when I had to position myself along the path Libba was taking so I could ambush him to sign my #21 jumper :p

Hoping that he goes on one more year so I can get another chance to talk to him & thank him for everything he’s done for the club :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:

Dale wouldn't want to be singled out tho - he's a clubman thru and thru - reakon he'd love a young fella to hand the number 38 over to. But I understand your reverence.

I know I've told the story 100 times, but I just can't believe how lucky I was to chat with this unbelievably nice guy the week before his first game. Sat on the same table at Chris Grant 300 game function. Man, he was happy to talk footy and, well, anything really all night.

Little did I know that this fella was going to be in a Bulldog's premiership team!!! To top that off he settled it on the day with that tackle on Franklin. God I love watching that over and over. The look on Franklin's face says it all.

I consider myself privelidged to have had the pleasure of seeing that side of him. Getting a bit emo .

Just love players (and people for that matter) who don't advertise, but just do their job to the best of their ability. You know, the ones that do all the paddling underneath, but they let others take the limelight - hell, they wouldn't even miss it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I feel Morris has the most naturally innate defensive ability of any player I have ever seen.

The things he does are unteachable and intangible in the same way that Cyril has attacking flair or Ablett has balance.

Whilst he is rightly described as someone that has battled and fought for every scrap, if you watch him play closely you are watching football poetry.

Call me crazy but that’s why I love to watch him play. He is a pure footballer.

I would love our football members to be called the 38 club or something along those lines.

Have a huge man crush on Mozza. Nicest most genuine bloke to talk to. Looks like he trains like a real beast in the gym too which I love. The deadlift maketh the man.

Mozza and Picko my favourites. Next 2 years could cause me some angst with both potentially retiring soon.

Few players have deserved their 250 as much as Mozza. Congratulations Mate.

I think Dale Morris was as good as Lake they just played differently.

Lake really wasn’t a great one on one defender he was a intercept marker and could only play one talls.

Lake could never have played on someone like Betts and if he did he would be slaughtered.

Think several people in here are being fairy unfair to Moz is rating him lower than Lake.

I think Dale Morris was as good as Lake they just played differently.

Lake really wasn’t a great one on one defender he was a intercept marker and could only play one talls.

Lake could never have played on someone like Betts and if he did he would be slaughtered.

Think several people in here are being fairy unfair to Moz is rating him lower than Lake.

Lake is the best contested mark we have had for a long time- but has there ever been a better defender in the modern era than Moz?

I know guys like Rance and Enright are great attacking defenders but I don't think anyone has been better as a defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back