Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you define elite? Lindsay rushed for over 1000 yards with terrible QB play.

Melvin Gordon is definitely Tier 1 in my eyes.

edit: As was Hunt on KC.
Elite is surely no more than the top handful, if there's ten "elite" running backs in the league then how s**t do the "average" ones have to be?

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Elite is surely no more than the top handful, if there's ten "elite" running backs in the league then how s**t do the "average" ones have to be?

The question is how you do define the top handful then?

Purely on numbers? Circumstances? Offensive Line?

When GG named Chris Carson I went pfff myself, then I looked at the stats and saw he finished 5th in the league in rushing this year... with same average per carry as Elliot has.

Tell me Hunt and Gordon aren't in the top handful if they play every game this year.

Last edited:
The question is how you do define the top handful then?

Purely on numbers? Circumstances? Offensive Line?

When GG named Chris Carson I went pfff myself, then I looked at the stats and saw he finished 5th in the league in rushing this year... with same average per carry as Elliot has.

Tell me Hunt and Gordon aren't in the top handful if they play every game this year.
Holistically, of course. However you define it, you've got to draw the line somewhere otherwise "elite" turns into "above average". For me, I draw the line after Bell, Gurley and Elliott.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just because Chism used the word "elite" is where the issue arises.
Realistically, all the RBs I mentioned are statistically among the best in the NFL THIS SEASON.
And when the Rams met Raiders/Lynch was in week 1 when Lynch was still a very good back, since coming back from retirement he's still been one of the best in terms of yac, broken tackles etc.
All those RBs mentioned are very good at something statistically.
It's not like they were nobodies.
Surely no one can say Hunt isn't one of the best in the NFL since he was drafted.
David Johnson by reputation alone still a big name RB.
etc.
It's not like only elite RBs are allowed to be included to demonstrate a supposed run D deficiency.
Some games a very good RB can still perform elite on the day -- like CJ Anderson did for the Rams in week 16.
And a number of those teams have solid OLs (especially in running terms).
Bottom-line, Chism was wondering how the Rams could possibly be allowing 5 yards per carry....and they haven't been doing a good job of it, compared to other teams like the Texans for instance this year, who hadn't allowed a single 100 yard rusher all season.
Yet Mack/Colts OL still did when it mattered, and the Rams could still devise something to stop Elliot just like the Chargers devised something to stop the Ravens run-game.

Anyone see a high level Tier 1 RB on this list besides Kamara in Week 9??

View attachment 602249

Rams schedule and how did they concede the leagues worst rushing defense facing that schedule?

:eek:o_O
Kamara is a receiving scatback not a running back...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dallas is first playoff team without a starter over 30 in 31 years

Posted by Charean Williams on January 10, 2019, 2:51 PM EST

GettyImages-1090317766-e1547149889123.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys ended the regular season with the second-youngest roster at 26 years, two weeks. Only the Browns, at 25 years, 10 months, were younger, according to the Cowboys’ public relations staff.

That hasn’t stopped the Cowboys from winning the NFC East title and a wild-card playoff game.

“Very young but very experienced,” quarterback Dak Prescott said. “A lot of the guys that are two or three years in have played all two or three years that they’ve been in the league. That gives you a lot of experience and a lot of great experience especially all the close games we’ve had over a couple years that serves us well. But just that youth also benefits us, having it, coming out here this late in the year and have practices like we had with the energy, the focus, it’s all going to pay off.”

The Cowboys have only two players over the age of 30: Linebacker Sean Lee, who played only four snaps last weekend, is 32; long snapper Louis-Philippe Ladouceur is 37.

That means all 22 of the Cowboys’ starters are under the age of 30. That prompted a great question posed by Bobby Belt of NFL Network on Twitter: When was the last time a playoff team had all 22 starters under the age of 30?

The Elias Sports Bureau answered PFT‘s query: The last team with no starters over the age of 30 in a playoff game was the Saints on Jan. 3, 1988.
Only the good win young.

“We’re a young team. We’re having a lot of fun, though,” Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. “These guys are one, two, three, four years in the league. Some of these guys, first time they’ve been in the playoffs. Some of them, second time, all that. We’re just having a blast with a young group. Very hungry. We’ve got a fairly veteran group up front; guys that have been around. They’re not old guys yet, but they’ve been around. We’ve got a good mix of real young and semi-young. We’re not a team that has those old veterans. We miss the old guys that used to be around here, but these young guys, they’re playing hard and it’s fun to coach them.”

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Didn’t expect us to get to week one of the playoffs, let alone the second and I don’t expect us to go further.

Just gonna sit back and see how we go, everything feels like a bonus at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back