Dan Connors & Paul Bower

Remove this Banner Ad

Would bother with Conners or Bower but would go for a Fevola(because we need a target up forward who can kick goals), and one of these Ashley McGrath from Brisbane, or Aaron Davey from Melbourne or Danyle Pearce from Port to give us some extra run off half back and with good disposal

Fevola just wont happen (for us)

Keep Freo a Ranga-free club:

Connors_Rd110_246c.jpg

DO NOT WANT THISSS^^^

Is that Connors? I think I'm getting him mixed up with Jackson....

Would bother with Conners or Bower but would go for a Fevola(because we need a target up forward who can kick goals), and one of these Ashley McGrath from Brisbane, or Aaron Davey from Melbourne or Danyle Pearce from Port to give us some extra run off half back and with good disposal

Is this a list of loose heads and s**t footballers or what?

What the hell are you all on about :confused::confused:

Someone mentioned drafting Fev and another poster said that there was no way in the world. Moo's response was "Want to bet?" or something similar.

Seemed pretty ridiculous to me. But was a pun on the Fev/betting issue, not an assertion that we'd try to recruit him.

Was another pun earlier in the thread that I'd missed before posting. Made sense after I'd read that one, that Moo's post about Fev was subtle humour. Needless to say, I missed it.

Someone mentioned drafting Fev and another poster said that there was no way in the world. Moo's response was "Want to bet?" or something similar.

Seemed pretty ridiculous to me. But was a pun on the Fev/betting issue, not an assertion that we'd try to recruit him.

Was another pun earlier in the thread that I'd missed before posting. Made sense after I'd read that one, that Moo's post about Fev was subtle humour. Needless to say, I missed it.

Well not as bad as I did :eek:

Funny now that I get it. :)

:eek:

I remember reading that Bower held the Carlton bench press record, it stood out to me at the time when guys like Thornton made Bower look like a boy's frame.

Connors had/has an alcohol addiction. He was off his head on on a trip with the team, Cuz told him to pull his head in, stuff happened. I'm not trying to say that it makes him void as an option, but any addiction will come first, ahead of the club, to that player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like any of these ideas.

Fev has too many issues which have not been resolved.
Ashley McGrath - he is 29 next season.... no thanks
Aaron Davey - is also 29 next season... no thanks
Danyle Pearce - We dont need more half back flankers as this is one position we have a buckeload of.... Duffman, Ibbo, Suban, Hayden and Broughton (if he doenst stay in the middle next season)

Don't rate Bower at all. I can't understand why we'd be targeting an undersized defender, who can't get his body right and can't get a game in Carltank's apparently understrength backline.
set a lot of club records for power lifting over summer. Being restricted with his foot he really got strong in the core and upper body. Still has dash about him and is very professional whilst being a very down to earth bloke (eg typically awesome WA lad). It would be a real shame if he did not stay at Carlton but I would support him wherever he plays. Once he gets these niggles out of the way he may end up being AA.

set a lot of club records for power lifting over summer. Being restricted with his foot he really got strong in the core and upper body. Still has dash about him and is very professional whilst being a very down to earth bloke (eg typically awesome WA lad). It would be a real shame if he did not stay at Carlton but I would support him wherever he plays. Once he gets these niggles out of the way he may end up being AA.

agree with this, quality bloke, with bucket loads of talent. just needs to get his body right. would be stoked if we could somehow nab him. not sure it will happen though, the blues will ask for a lot

I dont like any of these ideas.

Danyle Pearce - We dont need more half back flankers as this is one position we have a buckeload of.... Duffman, Ibbo, Suban, Hayden and Broughton (if he doenst stay in the middle next season)

I'm not so sure.

Duffield, on current form, will struggle to make the 22 next year. Hayden may be on his ... last legs.Broughton is looking the goods between mid and hbf.

That leaves Suban and Ibbo.

Now I'm not saying we need Pearce, but I certainly would not say we have a 'bucketload' of half back flankers.

I'm not so sure.

Duffield, on current form, will struggle to make the 22 next year. Hayden may be on his ... last legs.Broughton is looking the goods between mid and hbf.

That leaves Suban and Ibbo.

Now I'm not saying we need Pearce, but I certainly would not say we have a 'bucketload' of half back flankers.

Since when was Pearce a HBF anyway ?? I thought he was a onballer/HF type who is pretty flashy loves a goal but goes missing for large chunks of games

I'd back Duff to climb out of this form hole at some point...sooner rather than later would be my preference.

I'm hoping that now Harvey is experimenting with Ibbotson further up the ground, Duffield will get his old job back. Just let him take the majority of the kick-ins and set-up the play coming out of defense like he's done for the last two and a bit seasons.

I'm hoping that now Harvey is experimenting with Ibbotson further up the ground, Duffield will get his old job back. Just let him take the majority of the kick-ins and set-up the play coming out of defense like he's done for the last two and a bit seasons.

Ditto. :thumbsu:

Saw him do a lot more of this last week, and was probably the first time I've seen him play well all season. Didn't see much of it after half time though. Dunno if that was a switch in our plans, or they started tagging him, or he just couldn't get near it.

If we're gonna play Duff in the team, then I'd rather have him played where he plays best, especially as drive and creativity out of our back 50 has been a weakness in the past month or two.

If he is out of contract, GWS might already have him.

It's going to be very difficult to pick up uncontracted players of quality this year.
if not at cfc his pref would be to come home I am sure. Doubt he would be offered big $$$ but we have seen how insane things are.We have several players playing at the ants for no good reason. I hate the mystery and respect those that come clean

I'm not a fan of trading in players for obvious reasons and some names thrown in here are just horrible ideas [Pearce, Davey...etc], however... one player I would chase and give up first rounder in this draft is Travis Boak. I am a fan of his and would dearly love to see him play for us but I understand that it is very unlikely to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back