Dan Connors & Paul Bower

Remove this Banner Ad

Is well and truly on the outer down at Tiger land and it sure as hell is nothing to do with his ability, he'd be in there top 10 players undoubtedly but has done something wrong there to not be playing...... possibly three strikes??

Anyway he'd come for next to nothing and would be close to a minimum salary, could even be a PSD pick. Has a super kick on him and he doesn't have any issues with finding the footy, would be the perfect fit for us across half back.
It would allow us to send a guy like Duff to GWS in a trade for the underage draft and we would have an instant upgrade to his role with Connors.

Bower on the other hand is an interesting one, would be a perfect third tall defender and instant replacement for Grover upon retirement. Silvagni, Luke Mac and Bower would be a super starting three down back.
Issue is his injury history, but rumour has it he wants to return to WA and play for us so absolutely worth a look/

Don't know much about Connors, he's a tough nut though. His issues would be off-field I'd presume, maybe along the Cousins line?

Bower would be a good pickup only if we could snag him relatively cheaply.

As usual I suspect our player dept. has some eyes on some mature age recruits again, hope they uncover another gem.

Bower on the other hand is an interesting one, would be a perfect third tall defender and instant replacement for Grover upon retirement.

I wouldn't be too keen to lose him and it's a mystery as to why he isn't playing in our back-line now, even though he is coming back from soft-tissue injury.

Being that we haven't seen much of Bower in the past couple of years, it's easy to forget just how much he can add to the back-line.
He won't have too much currency for not playing and I'd sooner we got his legs right and got him back to playing to his ability.

Lol Connors has been injured all year.

Secondly he is far from a tough nut, I would actually put him on the other side of the equation if anything as I have seen him shirk a few contests in his time.

He is certainly an x-factor player who can play HBF/Mid/HFF. I actually think he will end up playing Midfield/HFF. Wouldn't say he would be on the table for the price you are talking about as although he has been injured he is still a valueable asset to our side. He could be involved in some sort of deal for one of your surplus ruckman.

Don't rate Bower at all. I can't understand why we'd be targeting an undersized defender, who can't get his body right and can't get a game in Carltank's apparently understrength backline.

Don't rate Bower at all. I can't understand why we'd be targeting an undersized defender, who can't get his body right and can't get a game in Carltank's apparently understrength backline.

He plays bigger than his size, and I have looked in our key defensive stocks cupboard only to discover it is a key defensive stocks bedside table.

Like all of these scenarios - at the right price. PSD sounds right (lest we forget)

O'Connor would be a good pick up on the field (plus I could make hysterical Terminator references with an Arnie accent and we would laugh and laugh), however if there is any ? Off field - I'd rather just go to the well again.

Take note Wizard, the Mooderator has spoken.

I haven't really seen enough of either to be honest? But from the sounds of it - i'd also prefer to go to the well for a KPD if Bower is injury prone, there's plenty around that just need unearthing.

He tore us a new a-hole at Etihad last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connors...Wasn't he the one who got on the squirt with Cousins? And Cous had to sort him out?

You know you've got a bit of character development to go if Benny is the one 'sorting you out'. I haven't paid enough attention to his on field stuff to know much about him - I know he had a good rep according to Richmond guys a while back - but the way he handled that issue at the time just looked ordinary.

I would want Harvey and the rest of the staff to have a good look at him before they would even consider him and then if he came cheap, perhaps. We seem to have a team with (mostly) good heads on their shoulders, and keeping the d**k heads quota as low as possible is as important as any ability players may have.

You know you've got a bit of character development to go if Benny is the one 'sorting you out'. I haven't paid enough attention to his on field stuff to know much about him - I know he had a good rep according to Richmond guys a while back - but the way he handled that issue at the time just looked ordinary.

I would want Harvey and the rest of the staff to have a good look at him before they would even consider him and then if he came cheap, perhaps. We seem to have a team with (mostly) good heads on their shoulders, and keeping the d**k heads quota as low as possible is as important as any ability players may have.

IIRC, he was off his nut and Benny had to belt him one to get him to settle down

those saying bower is undersized, he is actually taller than pav.... he just needs to put on a bit more muscle to match it with the gorillas. he has had some great games. kept franklin to 1 goal a couple of times.... he is a good player, just needs a bit of luck with his body. he isnt even 24 yet

Keep Freo a Ranga-free club:

Connors_Rd110_246c.jpg

DO NOT WANT THISSS^^^

Would bother with Conners or Bower but would go for a Fevola(because we need a target up forward who can kick goals), and one of these Ashley McGrath from Brisbane, or Aaron Davey from Melbourne or Danyle Pearce from Port to give us some extra run off half back and with good disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back