List Mgmt. Dan McStays 3 yr deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Was definitely worried after hearing he was exploring options.Glad to have him aboard.

Hopefully Dan is the type of player that plays even better when he has his future sorted and not the type who feels a little bit too comfortable and drops off a tad.

Time for a huge game this weekend Dan.

McStay said his teammates’ investment in the Club played a big part in his decision.

“For me, it’s all the other guys signing on and seeing that they are invested in our future,” he said.

This bit is really good to see. Heaps of players re-signing already means that players want to stay because of that. And then others stay because they seen McStay and co staying. Hopefully McClugagge/Witherden etc stay because they see others (and McStay) staying. (Hard sentence to understand but l reckon people get the gist of it)

McStay said his teammates’ investment in the Club played a big part in his decision.

“For me, it’s all the other guys signing on and seeing that they are invested in our future,” he said.

This bit is really good to see. Heaps of players re-signing already means that players want to stay because of that. And then others stay because they seen McStay and co staying. Hopefully McClugagge/Witherden etc stay because they see others (and McStay) staying. (Hard sentence to understand but l reckon people get the gist of it)

That's a lot of staying power! ;)

3 years is a big vote of confidence for a 24 year old who is still fairly average.

I'd playing an important role at the moment but it wouldn't be that surprising to see him left out of the side at some point soon
I very much doubt it will be this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. I will admit that there were times I doubted McStay could develop enough but now I think he will.

He knows his role now is not to necessarily always take the big grab but to get to contests and create opportunities for us to lock the ball in the forward fifty. I think that took some pressure off him and the rest will come gradually.

I have no doubt a few clubs were giving his manager a call.

Great news. I will admit that there were times I doubted McStay could develop enough but now I think he will.

He knows his role now is not to necessarily always take the big grab but to get to contests and create opportunities for us to lock the ball in the forward fifty. I think that took some pressure off him and the rest will come gradually.

I have no doubt a few clubs were giving his manager a call.
Yep, I still think Dan has a big upside, I think he has a lot of Jack Darling about the way he plays, his best years are definitely in front of him.

Great news of a greatly improving player, but need to point out that he's not a superstar, and might not be much good in a couple of years. #PostLikeJackess

He hits the pack hard now and contests well. This year he’s really started throwing his weight around. Has improved immensely in that regard.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dan McStays. Its been a McHaze since those early McDays where he was a bit of a McLaze. He sometimes McSprays and turns the McBays into a McCraze. Recently he has earnt his McPraise and deserves his McRaise as listens to what Fagan McSays. Just needs to fix his McGaze and run his defender into a McMaze, leave them in a McDaze so that they McWaze for Hipwood. McPays to invest in the youth. McYays!

Really pleased with the news.

Mcstay has played his role well this season and is durable and dependable (except in front of goals currently). I expect his best footy will be during the period of the contract extension.

Great news, even if he is depth down the track as some believe. Plays with the courage we wish to personify and adds to the narrative of this being a bonded group on a mission.

Still remember Knightmare doubting the value of both him and Gardiner in their draft year, describing them as as being the best of a poor pool of key defenders.

Great news! He's a big body and seems to have learnt how to use it this year. If he can keep improving and start getting it through the big sticks a bit more reliably he will be awesome for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back