Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

It's official now. We are a joke.

Depending on Gore and the draftees, the trade can still be a net positive. What is clear though, is that AFC have comprimised on their evaluation and, by virtue of this, have failed in their negotiations.

Why trade so early? We could've taken a stand and waited until the end of trade period at the very least. Make Danger and Geelong sweat a little. Instead we facilitated a trade to satisfy Danger and his new club.

FWIW Geelong supporters are say the exact same thing (The GFC were out-negotiated)

It probably means it was a decent deal, all things considered.
Many Geelong supporters are obsessed with the idea that Danger was coming 'for free' and have set the goalposts accordingly. In straight trade terms (because that's what this is, now we've moved beyond all the RFA stuff) you got an un-contracted Dangerfield for well below value in the first few hours of trade week.

It's not good enough from our club yet again.

Haha, people are complaining about giving up pick 50 in a shallow draft? Not really sure why it was part of the deal, but it's not going to affect anything given we now have 4 picks inside 35.
Unlikely we would have even used it, but hey dont let that stop the meltdown.

I would love to do business with some of the posters on here. I have a pushy I reckon I could trade for a Beamer with some. You've convinced yourself your BMW is a Kia, then accepted my pushy as a trade, then said 'that turned out alright'.

Difference here is that you can sell your Beamer on the open market. Anyone with money can buy it, after you negotiate a price.

The open market for this situation is the draft, and if that is used we get nothing. Sure we could say move Danger to another club, but we can't do that if he does not want to go to a club that is not Geelong. Trading is not an open market when a player sets a club of choice. We can only trade what they have to trade. Yes we could wait all ten days for them to procure another first rounder for us, but that is also unlikely to happen.

BTW some pushy's are worth more than a clapped out 1980s Beamer or a brand new Kia.

Why the f-ck did we give up our third too?

So far we've got what... Danger, Reilly, Siggins, Pods, Martin out. Is that all the departures so far? Then Jake Kelly and Reilly O'Brien promoted from the rookie list and Gore in as part of this trade. So 5 out 3 in leaves 2 spots free on our list (1 once the Hampton trade goes through). We now have 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks. Assume we give up a 2nd round for Hampton. That leaves us 3 picks in the first 2 rounds to fill 1 spot. Even if there are some more trades / delistings, it's unlikely we'll even use that third round pick even if we had kept it.

Gore is not worth anything over 3rd rounder.

Essentially Danger for Cats' picks rnd 1 & 2.

And to do it at 1 pm on day one... What was the hurry?

Look what Collingwood got for Beams, West Coast for Judd. Compare that to this trade.

Good luck with Gorey guys, from what i have seen he is a talented young kid and was expected to be picked up a lot earlier in the draft than 55. I think both clubs have done well to get this out of the way so quickly and move on, now we can all concentrate on other trades :thumbsu:

It's official now. We are a joke.

Depending on Gore and the draftees, the trade can still be a net positive. What is clear though, is that AFC have comprimised on their evaluation and, by virtue of this, have failed in their negotiations.

Why trade so early? We could've taken a stand and waited until the end of trade period at the very least. Make Danger and Geelong sweat a little. Instead we facilitated a trade to satisfy Danger and his new club.

(Respectfully). I have no idea why your people did the deal so soon?

More importantly, as much as I hate your club, i respect Dangerfields skill for sure. Picks 9 & 28, no way. No way. I fail to even comprehend how he was not 2 first rounders. Pick 9 is a raffle, and pick 28 is even more of a raffle.

I can't believe the free kick in front of goal Geelong has just been given. This is just bizarre. Utterly bizarre

I'm a Port man, you know how much I HATE the club. And even I am feeling sick for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely we would have even used it, but hey dont let that stop the meltdown.
yep agreed...Glad it got done early and can now move on. Very happy with the way the Crows have handled it and for that matter Danger as well.
Well done lads

WE F@$%ING SENT PICK 50 TO THEM AS WELL?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S IT, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fmc.gif

Good luck with Gorey guys, from what i have seen he is a talented young kid and was expected to be picked up a lot earlier in the draft than 55. I think both clubs have done well to get this out of the way so quickly and move on, now we can all concentrate on other trades :thumbsu:

Good luck with Danger! I think this is a fair result for both parties considering the circumstances.

First and second pick it is. IMO that is what you should have realistically aimed for and got. Your recruiting people did well.

Yeah I know he is worth more than that but given the circumstances you have not only done well but also given yourselves plenty of time to look for more trades.

It's funny how some of the same posters who have been lamenting just how s**t the 2015 draft is, are now wondering why we couldn't have held onto pick 50.

I view it this way: this isn't a fair vs unfair argument.

It was always going to be unfair because we were about to lose a franchise player who the AFL told us was worth pick 14. From that point on, we were NEVER going to get value for him, so we've managed to get more than that.

Yes, it's not market value. But we were never going to get market value, so comparing what we got with what is fair is pointless.

(Respectfully). I have no idea why your people did the deal so soon?

More importantly, as much as I hate your club, i respect Dangerfields skill for sure. Picks 9 & 28, no way. No way. I fail to even comprehend how he was not 2 first rounders. Pick 9 is a raffle, and pick 28 is even more of a raffle.

I can't believe the free kick in front of goal Geelong has just been given. This is just bizarre. Utterly bizarre

I'm a Port man, you know how much I HATE the club. And even I am feeling sick for you.
It was never going to be like for like...Pick 9 could be another Danger in future...28 perhaps a Sloane and then Gore sounds like a good player with big upside.
Appreciate your sentiment mate as I know how much you hate us but this will be the way of the future with free agency and we could have got just pick 14 or worse...nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back