Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
:thumbsu: Brilliant news. Well done Daniel and well done Red Bull, they have shown him a big leap of faith. It's up to him now to make the most of it and show what he's got. Great news for Australia to have another Aussie in a competitive car in F1, albeit probably a midfield competitive car but who knows there are always those races where there's some dodgy weather or major carnage involving some front runners and he might steal a podium, at least now he is in with a chance.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...451/perth-s-ricciardo-clinches-2012-f1-drive/

Great news for us Aussies. 2 drivers in cars that should always contend for points. If Dan can have a race where everything comes together where he maybe gets a podium, it would almost certainly secure him an RBR seat when Webber goes.

Gotta feel for Buemi and Alguesuari though. They were very good this year and they could probably feel pretty hard done by.

Excited even more for next year now. Can't wait :)

who knows there are always those races where there's some dodgy weather or major carnage involving some front runners and he might steal a podium, at least now he is in with a chance.

It's great news, but let's not be over-optimistic and hype him up beyond what he can realistically achieve. There is virtually zero chance of him getting a podium in a Toro Rosso, although points are possible (even probable).

great news for Ricciardo. Cant wait to watch him battling it out for points in 2012. Webber is just warming the seat now.

Ah well, up Ricciardos teammate then.
u_jelly_brah-s666x666-193456.jpg

If my memeory serves me correct torro rosso improved as the year went on...had some interesting races with the mercs.

If improvement continues and merc and ferrari drop away as expected...??

But we'll find out what daniel son is all about, that is not in question...

If my memeory serves me correct torro rosso improved as the year went on...had some interesting races with the mercs.

If improvement continues and merc and ferrari drop away as expected...??

But we'll find out what daniel son is all about, that is not in question...

With blown diffusers banned in 2012, I would expect the Merc and Ferrari engined cars to be pushing up the grid not dropping off.

That being said the midfield cars (Force India, Sauber, Toro Rosso, and Caterham, and hopefully Williams) should be nearer the pace of the top teams

Also Mercedes have put on a shitload more staff for next year. I think they will be pushing the bottom top 3 team pretty hard and maybe pick up a podium or two Renault style from this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back