Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So, what is our reflection of his season?

Didn't quite get the goals I had hoped, but understandable.

Thought it was a good consolidation season, hoping for more next year
Tough, I had hoped he’d establish himself as a genuine spearhead, however he still seems to be drifting in and out of games.

Not sure if it’s confidence/fitness or maybe a consistent 40-50 goal forward is his ceiling and we have to be okay with that.

Tough, I had hoped he’d establish himself as a genuine spearhead, however he still seems to be drifting in and out of games.

Not sure if it’s confidence/fitness or maybe a consistent 40-50 goal forward is his ceiling and we have to be okay with that.
That happens as a forward.
Even Tex who kicked 9 didn’t see it in the second.

33 goals is below the expectations of 90% of this board.

That's a below standard year. Disappointing

I thought he was due a fair few more. Though, I also thought last year Tex had dropped off in the second half and the forward line would be Fog's this year.

He had career high averages in handballs, kicks, (disposals obv), marks, goal assists, and equalled last year's scores per game.

The disappointing aspect was his conversion dropped, and goal output dropped as a result.

He seemed ready to take off as an elite player last year, so I think the output has to be disappointing to some degree (though it was accompanied by Tex significantly exceeding expectations, keeping him as our number two key forward.) It was far from a disaster though, and I don't think in the long run a consolidation year is the worst thing that could happen.

We're well past the days where we need to be debating whether or not this guy's an AFL footballer, and he's well off his prime if he tracks anything like most key forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had career high averages in handballs, kicks, (disposals obv), marks, goal assists, and equalled last year's scores per game.

The disappointing aspect was his conversion dropped, and goal output dropped as a result.

He seemed ready to take off as an elite player last year, so I think the output has to be disappointing to some degree (though it was accompanied by Tex significantly exceeding expectations, keeping him as our number two key forward.) It was far from a disaster though, and I don't think in the long run a consolidation year is the worst thing that could happen.

We're well past the days where we need to be debating whether or not this guy's an AFL footballer, and he's well off his prime if he tracks anything like most key forwards.

Was hampered by injury early in the year as well. I personally had him for about 40-45 goal range this year so a bit under

Definitely not a terrible year though - more a consolidation on last year

As the tall no 2 he was behind only Cameron (Geelong) in the goal kicking ladder

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Been poor this year. Probably a big reason why we aren't playing finals.
I wouldn’t say poor , but very inconsistent

His last 3 games and the 3 after the bye were very substandard and somehow in between that he played 2 outstanding games including the Port second showdown

He has some confidence issues and also is like others in our side who struggle to play a full season at the level

The competition for spots will heat up next year if we retain Gollant and McAdam, runs of bad form should see a selection squeeze

I wouldn’t say poor , but very inconsistent

His last 3 games and the 3 after the bye were very substandard and somehow in between that he played 2 outstanding games including the Port second showdown

He has some confidence issues and also is like others in our side who struggle to play a full season at the level

The competition for spots will heat up next year if we retain Gollant and McAdam, runs of bad form should see a selection squeeze
Gollant looks to me to be behind Tex but no other tall forward as the off season starts.
Interesting times up forward

On a second look Fogarty is probably the fifth best second key forward in the league

Goals for the 2nd highest scoring key forward in each team
Hawkins - 49
Hipwood - 39
Lukosius - 39
Ugle-Hagan - 35
Fogarty - 34
Marshall - 32
Riccardi - 30
McKay - 27
Darling - 26
Owens - 25
Franklin - 19
Wright - 19 (if you count Langford as a KPF)
McStay - 16
F. Greene - 15
Treacy - 15
Brown - 11
Lynch - 9
Coleman-Jones - 4

And on averages

Hawkins - 2.5
Wright - 1.9
Lukosius - 1.8
Hipwood - 1.7
Marshall - 1.7
Riccardi - 1.7
Fogarty - 1.6
Van Rooyen - 1.5
Franklin - 1.5
Riewoldt - 1.5
Ugle-Hagan - 1.5
McKay - 1.4
Greene - 1.4
McStay - 1.3
Darling - 1.3
Owens - 1.1
Treacy - 0.9
Comben - 0.6

Last edited:
Not a poor year and had some great games, but fair to say that behind held goalless six times in a season is a few too many. Is better at impacting games when he's not kicking goals than he used to though, so never really felt like a liability.

If this is his floor he'll be a solid AFL player. Hopefully still has some improvement ahead of him.

He looked better when he was pushing up the ground and then working back to goal rather than playing deep and being more stationary in the F50.

Hopefully he can do that a bit more next season and improve his consistency.

preseason if you'd said that tex and fog would combine for about 110 goals, you would have taken that every day of the week

didn't think he had a terrible season, its really hard to gauge given he's the natural replacement for tex, 34 goals is a reasonable return for a 2nd fwd

preseason if you'd said that tex and fog would combine for about 110 goals, you would have taken that every day of the week

didn't think he had a terrible season, its really hard to gauge given he's the natural replacement for tex, 34 goals is a reasonable return for a 2nd fwd

He has all the necessary attributes to explode as a full forward. Im not sure he will do it while Tex is in the team though. But Adelaide can't rely on Tex to have another season like this.

Back