Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember being annoyed during this forward entry, but couldn’t see properly who were the free players. This HAS to be highlighted to the team. You can only blame Fog if he’s getting balls delivered to him, but not to kick to him while he’s free within 50m of goal, and instead kicking to Tex in a one on one contest, is a big DISGRACE.
By the time Brodie steadied for the kcik he was close to within 15 metres of Fog. Likely to have been called play on.
Guess he could have kicked it as soon as he received it, but it could have gone anywhere and resulted in a quick transition by the Saints.

That's our gameplan in a nutshell
Ignore numerous open forwards and bomb it to the disadvantage of our contested forward
And that's from one of our most experienced players, not a youngster
Reckon Smith thought he could kick the goal. Agree though, I saw Fog well clear 45 out and thought he'd go there.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guess i can give Fogarty one more full pre-season with Burgess and the remainder of his contract in 2023 … before I completely put the fork in him.

You can’t be the decoy, shepherding big body and just never get the ball yourself.

That game against West Coast waaaay back when, it looked like we had something special.

He has gone backwards in a big way, at a period when we all hoped he would be taking leaps and bounds.

Pity it has come to this.

Potential is just that, you need to put the rubber to the road at some point.
If I were an old burnt out pessimist I may suggest that game was eerily similar to Thilthorpe's game against Hawthorn down in Tassie, however I'm not I'm a full of joy happy optimist who thinks all of our young recruits will win Brownlows and therefore confirm our player development is top notch.

By the time Brodie steadied for the kcik he was close to within 15 metres of Fog. Likely to have been called play on.
Guess he could have kicked it as soon as he received it, but it could have gone anywhere and resulted in a quick transition by the Saints.
Fog was 10m clear of any opponent, Brodie could have easily kicked it such that Fog moved back a few more metres to guarantee the 15m pass, or he could have handpassed it to Fog if running too close.

The comment was more me taking aim at the forward entries rather than to say Fog has been killing it. Although would love to see him targeted more with the forward entries, especially when free within 50m of goal.

Marco Bello was on SportSA today and Blight ranked Chayce 4.5/10 and Fogarty 4/10 lol, Marco of course defended Fogarty to some degree that the forward entries doesn’t help him but that he needs to work harder, was pleased that he wasn’t being outmarked…chayce same he said that the improvement is not coming on as expected for both players.

Marco Bello was on SportSA today and Blight ranked Chayce 4.5/10 and Fogarty 4/10 lol, Marco of course defended Fogarty to some degree that the forward entries doesn’t help him but that he needs to work harder, was pleased that he wasn’t being outmarked…chayce same he said that the improvement is not coming on as expected for both players.

Don’t argue with the Blessed Malcolm

Just to clarify, was Marco Bello saying that Chayce wasn't developing as expected?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Generous for Fog & harsh on Chayce if you compare their respective performances over the past year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't just say he was pleased he was not being out marked

He pointed out that is what he is doing undersized and when we actually start using the ball we'll Fogs skills will be able to shine.

However didn't realise he was head of development though. So that conversation goes with some salt, he can't bag players not developing given its his Job.

He didn't just say he was pleased he was not being out marked

He pointed out that is what he is doing undersized and when we actually start using the ball we'll Fogs skills will be able to shine.

However didn't realise he was head of development though. So that conversation goes with some salt.
He's probably not qualified to talk about life in Russia after the Ukraine invasion either fwiw..

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Good to see some reasonable and realistic ranking of players from within the club, unlike the many kool aid drinkers on here.

true but both are obviously not at the level where the club expected them to be.
Sure, but Jones has been a consistent contributor with more good games than bad... & still possibility of moving into the midfield.

Fogarty has only had a few good games & needs to find the ball more if he is to have a future at AFL level.

Imo, it's wrong to rate them around the same mark.

Had at least one really nice lead and mark from FF which was great to see. My attention has been in/out but that itself was more then what we've seen from him in previous weeks and hopefully gives him a bit of confidence which is lacking.

Back