Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated game from Fog on Thursday night. Played very well, presented well, kicked a few, and also limited Port’s backline by keeping them accountable.

Just given up hope on them ever moving on from Ben..

The flogs running this club think he’s a gun player.. and that tells you all you need to know about how great they are at running a footy club.

Did you like his selfish goal attempt streeming along the boundary inside 50 in that last quarter the other night when the game was in the balance..

Vintage Keays it was.. ignore all team mates and go for glory.. “oh shite.. thats right, I forgot I had garbage skills and no talent”..

The form of the whole team in the first 7 rounds has been “concerning”…the hardest position yo play when the entire team is strughling is as a KPP..

This is the fascinating thing when you compare members of our fantastic leadership group:

Ben Keays - 8 games, has kicked 12.4 with 6 goal assists and 8 marks inside 50.
Darcy Fogarty - 8 games, has kicked 8.7 with 8 goal assists and 9 marks inside 50.

This is the fascinating thing when you compare members of our fantastic leadership group:

Ben Keays - 8 games, has kicked 12.4 with 6 goal assists and 8 marks inside 50.
Darcy Fogarty - 8 games, has kicked 8.7 with 8 goal assists and 9 marks inside 50.
It looks as though he’s starting to get his radar back when kicking for goal at last , he’s missed some absolute sitters at the end of last season and the start of this season.

It looks as though he’s starting to get his radar back when kicking for goal at last , he’s missed some absolute sitters at the end of last season and the start of this season.

Confidence is back. You don't baulk a guy from 55 and swing onto your left are not feeling it.

Need him at his best for the next 2 games if we are to salvage the year.

Just given up hope on them ever moving on from Ben..

The flogs running this club think he’s a gun player.. and that tells you all you need to know about how great they are at running a footy club.

Did you like his selfish goal attempt streeming along the boundary inside 50 in that last quarter the other night when the game was in the balance..

Vintage Keays it was.. ignore all team mates and go for glory.. “oh shite.. thats right, I forgot I had garbage skills and no talent”..

The form of the whole team in the first 7 rounds has been “concerning”…the hardest position yo play when the entire team is strughling is as a KPP..
Keays is limited by his skills, but he’s the least of our problems. I’d go so far as to say there is room for a Ben Keays in any premiership side, especially with what he’s currently producing. Agree he could do to look for an option more often rather than pinging at goals.

The key is that an effort first player lacking polish like him should probably be towards the lower end of best 22. If he’s coming off the bench then that’s a pretty good team.

The problem we’ve got is that due to poor drafting, our group of limited players is a bit too large. McHenry, Himmelberg, Borlase, Butts, Murphy et al getting game time is an indication that we’re still a couple of well executed drafts/trade periods away from a top 4 team. Our list has got its issues, but Ben Keays is well down the pecking order of problems.

This thread is embarrassing..

fog is the least of our worries..

Our worries are..

Smith
Mchenry
Laird
Murphy
ROB
Nicks
Roo
Godden

Get rid of these bumbling muppets… and watch the entire team, including Fog, go a shitload better..
Feel like you've missed the point completely.

You've named a bunch of battlers or guys over the hump. Fogarty is neither, it's purely about wanting/expecting more from someone with his skill set and little teases he's given us throughout his career.

I wouldn't say I am bitter at all. I genuinely enjoy discussing FOG. I think people view FOG on this board, similar to how Nicks views Lachlan Murphy.

And C'mon - I am not that worked up. Wanna see worked up?

Someone started the below thread:

I mean, is that why?

You sift threw Fog's garbage cans looking for complaints because I don't enjoy home games?

This thread is embarrassing..

fog is the least of our worries..

Our worries are..

Smith
Mchenry
Laird
Murphy
ROB
Nicks
Roo
Godden

Get rid of these bumbling muppets… and watch the entire team, including Fog, go a shitload better..

Ben Keays reading this right now
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see him in coaches votes after Vader told us he got 'pantsed'.
Seriously he said that?

Would have thought he was happy to see the "good Fog" back.

Makes a difference when he is clunking marks.

Back