Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got his hands to a LOT of almost-marks, only to drop them - but that's nitpicking of the highest order. Thought he had a REALLY GOOD game.
I felt like we used him a bit better this week though.

That's not trying to excuse any previous games, but he is a way better player up the field.

It's true. The one part of his game if he could improve would make him twice the player he is.
Dont take this as some gotcha moment because to be honest, I was suprised

Top 10 for forwards taking contested marks

Hand on heart, did not see that coming.

But then not top 30 for marks inside 50 (hes a forward ?), but top 30 for overall marks

Would love to see him top 10 for all three metrics

Best performed forward of the last month, by FAR

Looks a lot more comfortable in the CHF role, where he has the freedom to play connector and show off his marking and footskills

Fog’s our CHF for the next 5 years, RT’s our FF, Welsh is our 3rd tall
I see it slightly different Fog at CHF, TT playing the Lynch high HF role where he’s almost another mid who then pushes back to goal.

Now we need a player who can play the deep forward role - hopefully it’s Welsh 🤞

Looks a lot more comfortable in the CHF role, where he has the freedom to play connector and show off his marking and footskills

Cook in that mix as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont take this as some gotcha moment because to be honest, I was suprised

Top 10 for forwards taking contested marks

Hand on heart, did not see that coming.

But then not top 30 for marks inside 50 (hes a forward ?), but top 30 for overall marks

Would love to see him top 10 for all three metrics
That's what I mean. He doesn't take contested marks inside 50.
As soon as there's more defenders he struggles.

That’s got to cause some complex mental equations for some supporters
Not complex at all, those supporters will see him do one bad thing (amongst a stack of great things, but those get ignored) and write off his entire career, like Rachele

That's what I mean. He doesn't take contested marks inside 50.
As soon as there's more defenders he struggles.
yep, hes too short to be able to out mark two opponents, which is why leading everywhere Fog is far more dangerous (imo)

Needs to take a leaf out of thr Tex book and just he smarter than his defenders.

Good game by the Fog

Curious to know other peoples thoughts, seemed a way more mobile game and very damaging once ball hit ground.

He was very good. I said it in the game thread, when runs and jumps at the ball instead of wrestling he’s very hard to defend, and it opens up other aspects of his game, in particular his agility and ball use.

Looks like he’s getting up the ground more which also allows him more space to do what he’s good at.

He still seems to be dropping a lot of “half-contested” marks. I don’t really know what to call them, but you know the ones where there is defensive pressure, but he’s in the box seat to mark it and a good key forward should do so more often than not.

Very promising few weeks though. I said earlier that at some point we need him to start producing consistently and I think he may just be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people taking seriously Vader criticising his marking on a night where he had eight marks, three contested.

He's just playing his usual game of peekaboo straining for negatives so he can pretend his 'no AFL traits' call was reasonable.

Agree, as he has the agility and pace in the first 20m to burn off the defender in open space after dropping mark in front of him.

Fog was very very good against the Ragles, he's presenting really well, no issue with his tank.

But if his hands were a bit sticker and he grabbed some more marks in the f50 like waterman style, he would be talked about as one of the Premier forwards going around

Hard to rate on yesterday’s game. There has been general improvement which seemed to coincide more with having Himmler in the side but the effort of the opposition yesterday was pretty poor.

Next weeks game will be a better indicator, away, MCG hungry opponent hopefully he dominates

He’s definitely building into the season, he will hopefully end up between 30-35 goals which is good in an attack that does have multiple options available for kicking goals so long as he keeps contributing in other areas as well.

Hopefully he’ll continue to improve - look at what Waterman has done this year with the eagles, no one would have predicted the year he’s having ATM.

He had a lot more than 20 touches. The great thing about his game was that he was so dynamic that he, or teammates, seemed to crumb all of his dropped marks, so they really didn't seem to matter.
Didn't get outmarked that I can recall. In some previous games he has at times.

Has been in the coaches votes 3 of the last four weeks
Been important as Tex has been quieter & we have struggled with 3rd tall.

Has his mojo back again.

Been important as Tex has been quieter & we have struggled with 3rd tall.

Has his mojo back again.
Playing him higher up the ground almost brings him into the stringer type player role from a few years back. Still has a ways to go to be like Stringer was at the dogs but he might be good enough to get there. He seems to enjoy roaming a bit and clunking them around the ground.

Back