Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded positive and it was an insightful interview, Moore also spoke about:
  • How the club has had a "holistic" change with regards to training and have individualised his program, that the club "respected" his needs
  • Moore's training is now a heavy session at either end of the week with a lighter load in the middle
  • Liking and favouring relationships he's built over 5 years with our fitness staff as opposed to looking outside the club for training/recovery etc. The reason being they've been experienced things together that worked and didn't over that time and had a good understanding
  • That he likes to be involved with his contract negotiations

Re the highlighted, if we (the ignorant of BF, including me) didnt know about the deliberately lighter mid-week load and, quelle horreur, Moore left the training track early:
  • we'd be convinced he was carrying an injury;
  • we'd argue amongst ourselves about whether it was his hammy again;
  • we'd curse and blame the training/medical staff; and
  • we'd pester Jen for more information.
When really, he's just having a lighter mid-week training load.:sick:

Sounded positive and it was an insightful interview, Moore also spoke about:
  • How the club has had a "holistic" change with regards to training and have individualised his program, that the club "respected" his needs
  • Moore's training is now a heavy session at either end of the week with a lighter load in the middle
  • Liking and favouring relationships he's built over 5 years with our fitness staff as opposed to looking outside the club for training/recovery etc. The reason being they've been experienced things together that worked and didn't over that time and had a good understanding
  • That he likes to be involved with his contract negotiations

Why any player would want to be involved in their negotiations is beyond me? If it’s because you want to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible then the person representing you is wrong. If it’s because you want to be a player manager that can wait until post career. If it’s to save a few bucks then you’re a moron. Pickering would be well off that! Focus on your footy Darcy and don’t get involved with the outside stuff. Aside from that side bar it sounds positive as expected.

Why any player would want to be involved in their negotiations is beyond me? If it’s because you want to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible then the person representing you is wrong. If it’s because you want to be a player manager that can wait until post career. If it’s to save a few bucks then you’re a moron. Pickering would be well off that! Focus on your footy Darcy and don’t get involved with the outside stuff. Aside from that side bar it sounds positive as expected.
What I took as Moore's position has perhaps been lost a little bit in translation. From Moore's comments I took it as he liked to be kept well up-to-date with where discussions are at as opposed to simply having the new contract placed in front of him once his manager had completed the wheeling and dealing. I imagine some players would be very hands off and wouldn't have much ongoing input once they'd tasked their manager to commence negotiations.

Well he also mentioned life as well as footy. I remember he asked Bucks in his early years if he was allowed to do some uni work during the summer so that he could cram a semester's work into half the time. Bucks agreed. As a result he has completed a degree at Melbourne uni already while some of his peers who are older than him have several years to go. So maybe he likes to have input into a whole range of aspects pertaining to the contract.

What I took as Moore's position has perhaps been lost a little bit in translation. From Moore's comments I took it as he liked to be kept well up-to-date with where discussions are at as opposed to simply having the new contract placed in front of him once his manager had completed the wheeling and dealing. I imagine some players would be very hands off and wouldn't have much ongoing input once they'd tasked their manager to commence negotiations.

Darcy comes over as Quiet a Intelligent Young Men so I am not Shocked IF he wants more Input in his Contract Negotiations

His father is his sidekick in contract matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One the one hand he says he likes to be involved in the conversation. On the other hand he says from all reports negotiations a re going smoothly. I doubt that he is any more involved than just being kept informed. Which is as you say, how it should probably be.

Yeah but that crayon eating flog said Tom Lynch was going to the Pies too. For what its worth, i think hes going nowhere though.

Agree I would take what he said as Gospel.

But totally different with there stance on Grundy when they thought he was Leaving

I hope our boys were taking the piss and dropping the same sly s**t to Jezza Cameron! Bachar’s a ripper.
I’m pretty certain there would have been plenty of that sort of talk between players. Not that any of it would make a blind bit of difference. I can imagine the interview now:
Reporter: So Darcy what made you defect to the Tigers? Did they offer you more money?
Moore: Well yeah, but what really got me over the line was the opportunity to get an invite to Houli’s Lebanese barbecues....

One the one hand he says he likes to be involved in the conversation. On the other hand he says from all reports negotiations a re going smoothly. I doubt that he is any more involved than just being kept informed. Which is as you say, how it should probably be.
And he also said that managers are there to take care of the contract business. So basically he just wants input into negotiations.

Because there is total uncertainty regarding the footy landscape. Will all clubs survive? etc. Why would a player want to sign a contract when his contract this year is not fully guaranteed because of reduced games?

So then every player will need a New Contract Then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back