Darren Pfeiffer (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hate it when people say 'they really do not understand' what people don't like about a player with glaring flaws. Even if they're talking about a player that I personally like.

Sure, you personally might think that he has good points which outweigh the flaws. But if you 'really can't understand' why anybody might not like a player with glaring flaws just because you think the good outweighs the bad then you need to reconsider the worth of your own opinion.

P.S. Yes, I'm guilty of this sometimes too. Feel free to call me out on it if I do it, because it's annoying.

Many of us do it. :eek:

I like Pfeiffer's intensity and it came off for us last week. At the moment his strengths outweigh his flaws and on that premise he is earning his paycheck and stays in.

I think what was overlooked and what impressed me the most was to see him sprint 60m from his man when they got a clearance towards the boundary to get there in time and force the guy to kick it out on the full. It showed he's thinking and prepared to work hard off the ball to change the game for us, it's like a light bulb went off at 3 quarter time. Hopefully he plays well this week or knives will be out unfortunately.

I really hate it when people say 'they really do not understand' what people don't like about a player with glaring flaws. Even if they're talking about a player that I personally like.

Sure, you personally might think that he has good points which outweigh the flaws. But if you 'really can't understand' why anybody might not like a player with glaring flaws just because you think the good outweighs the bad then you need to reconsider the worth of your own opinion.

P.S. Yes, I'm guilty of this sometimes too. Feel free to call me out on it if I do it, because it's annoying.
What are his glaring flaws?? Speed is a maybe. Disposal is a maybe. He has only played 4 games for us.

It's not about that anyway. It's that people have been waiting for any reason to stick the boot in. And they only had to wait until his second game.

And for what? Trying to take the game on..?

He got caught a few times and turned it over, ok. But 5 mins in we were already staring down the barrel of another "honourable loss"... so no harm done really. 2 weeks later you can make a case for him being the match winner.

Carlton and Richmond were patient with Duigan and Morris. Lets give this guy some credit for the way he has gone about it so far and hopefully he can cement a spot as well.

Every fella that played last week deserves to be in the side this week if they are available.

I personally don't think that this Pfeiffer lad is in our best 22 but as I said, going on last week's team effort, all should be picked including Pfeiffer.

Not many players get a 3rd chance at AFL level. Darren talk's about his motivations and what helps to keep him focused.

Link

Past Drives Pfeiffer Future

1_12WBPA12MW%20294.jpg

PORT Adelaide's Darren Pfeiffer would be the first to admit he's made mistakes, but rather than forget what's been, he uses them as motivation.

After failed stints with both Adelaide and Carlton, Pfeiffer could have spent the rest of his life wondering what could have been.

Instead, the 24-year-old kept working at his game and his character and, after starring for Norwood in 2011, the Power offered him a third lifeline via the NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

But Pfeiffer said he hadn't forgotten what he'd been through and his troubled past ensured nothing was taken for granted.

"I make sure I bring myself back to that just so that I don't get too comfortable with anything," he told AFL.com.au.

"I think it's a good thing to do, keep the past in your mind and you know you won't be as big of a chance to make the same mistake again.

"Everyone's motivation goes up and down, but when I can see it plateauing or even going downwards, I like to go back to [those thoughts] and it pretty quickly snaps me back into gear."

Link

Originally posted by Macca19

13th #31 DARREN PFEIFFER

59 Votes

260749.jpg

SANFL Stats:
Games: 4
Disposals: 81
Marks: 8
Goals: 4
Best Players: 2

VOTES:
BigFooty: 59 (13th)
Port: 2 (27th)
Toots: 53 (8th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 16
Disposals: 222
Marks: 50
Contested Marks: 9
Clearances: 16
Tackles: 31
Inside50: 15
Rebound50: 35
Contested Possession: 92
Goals: 2
Goal Assists: 3
Best Players: 5

Notes:
Darren came to Port Adelaide in 2012 on his third chance, after short stints at both Adelaide and Carlton. Some excellent form for Norwood in 2011 saw him come to the club as a rookie list player. It wasn’t long before Darren made his Port Adelaide debut, playing against Collingwood in Round 4. Darren ended up playing 16 games for the year, playing some excellent football across the half back line through the middle part of the year. He was inexplicably dropped late in the year which affected his confidence and form. Darren has been kept on as a rookie list player for 2013 and will no doubt see game time again throughout the year.

naooi.jpg

i was re watching the Power v Roos game (early in 2012) and it is the last quarter and Pfeiffer was one of the best (in defence) during this time... the number of times he cut off North Melbournes attacks .. was so good and helped us get the win

it was good seeing Pfeiffer in the middle as we sang our song (back in the rooms)

Pfeiffer has taken the febfast challenge!

Link

Pfeiffer febfasting his way through pre-season

254201-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

POWER rookie Darren Pfeiffer has taken the febfast challenge and will swear off alcohol for the full month of February this year.

The febfast initiative aims to increase awareness of the dangers related to alcohol consumption and raise money for programs that help tackle drug and alcohol problems among young people and families.

Link

A reflection of underperforming and unlucky with injuries journeyman Darren Pfeiffer's AFL career.

From Sunday Mail

Darren Pfeiffer: It's lonely on the fringe of the AFL

DARREN Pfeiffer knows both football's heaven and hell, but it was only after years of setbacks that he began to understand the importance of perception, luck and timing.
He laughs and cringes simultaneously as he remembers his first day at the Crows.
Pfeiffer had been picked up at No. 17 in the 2005 draft, a first-rounder snapped up by the Crows between Richard Douglas (16) and Bernie Vince (32) and arrived with the club having high expectations.
But the players and coaches couldn't help but drop their jaws when he nonchalantly rolled into the car park in a shiny BMW.
"I was young and didn't get it, and the perception of me was probably smashed from then on,'' he said.
He had had no idea his car would both draw such attention and form a first impression.
In his mind, Pfeiffer had done the responsible thing.

After two years as a rookie with Port Adelaide - elevated to the senior list in his first - Pfeiffer's exit was different. At 26, he had now had four shoulder reconstructions. And needs another operation. He has made his peace with the AFL, even though there are regrets.
"I'm not happy about playing just seven games for Carlton (and 16 for Port Adelaide), and I'm not happy with my injuries, but I'm happy with what I've learnt along the way,'' he said.
"I haven't fallen out of love with the game, like some guys do, but I did fall out of love with my situation, being on the fringe.

more

Wow actually a reasonably well written article could not believe that is was Jesper Feldsttradfda. Really interesting to see the other side of the football world away from your big $$$ superstars. Always gave his all when he put on the Port jumper and hope the next stage of his life has more luck than his football career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't believe his crow "team mates" got so up in arms about a bloody second hand beemer. sounds like a sick culture to me.

He didn't buy a Camry therefore he didn't buy into their culture.

Was probly our best defender in 2012. If the Crows had given him a chance he probably would have made it

Rocks up to his first day of training in a new Beamer? You can take the boy out of Norwood...

Simon Beasley ---> rocking up to first day's training at the Bulldogs ---> wheels missing.

Beasley was 25+ and had been working in the stock broking in Perth, but it was a shock to the sons of the west. Love both Dougie Hawkins and Beasley telling the story over the years.

He pretty much lead the stat of 'Dropping uncontested chest marks'..

The Pfeiffster, The Pfeiffy, The Pfeiff,
You were the love of my life,
Your skills were almost sublime,
Although I do take acid a lot of the time,
You were a lair it was mooted,
But you were the one bloke I would have rooted,
I am so very sad you were a delistee,
I'll watch your highlights reel and enjoy a very quick wristy,
Oh Pfeiffster, oh Pfeiffy, oh Pfeiff.

Remember Darren Pfeiffer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back