Universal Love David Teague

If true, the question is... why?

I don't really see how that's in Lloyd's best interests unless I'm missing something crucial.

barass liked two posts that one that spoke of assistant coaches and Lloyd not having made any great changes to our panel, the other that talked about Sydney's assistant. One poster suggested that the lack of change was setting up Teague to fail.

Nothing in the discussion suggested that Lloyd had an evil plan to ensure that Teague fails..

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
barass liked two posts that one that spoke of assistant coaches and Lloyd not having made any great changes to our panel, the other that talked about Sydney's assistant. One poster suggested that the lack of change was setting up Teague to fail.

Nothing in the discussion suggested that Lloyd had an evil plan to ensure that Teague fails..
Don't know about evil plan but a bit surprised the club including Lloyd and Judd (footy department committee man ) would continue with a support cast that failed a novice coach in Bolton and expect a different result .. but if the evil plan was to bring in Voss without protest maybe it will work ..

Don't know about evil plan but a bit surprised the club including Lloyd and Judd (footy department committee man ) would continue with a support cast that failed a novice coach in Bolton and expect a different result .. but if the evil plan was to bring in Voss without protest maybe it will work ..

I reckon that if they wanted Voss he would have been appointed at the time Teague was, I know it's the age of conspiracy theories but gees.

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon that if they wanted Voss he would have been appointed at the time Teague was, I know it's the age of conspiracy theories but gees.
Yes this was my point I don't think it a conspiracy -- but I am surprised they kept the same staff -- only answer is they believe (Lloyd and Judd Liddell ) that they are premiership quality staff

Robert Heatley

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Had to cut sav due to the reduction to the soft cap, no room for a part time goalkicking coach

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Individual sportsman pay for their own coaches. Our forwards should consider their personal returns on investment in paying Rocca personally to coach them.

casboult - fix your kicking again - get another contract. McKay 70 - 80% conversion - add 30% to your contract. Fisher, Fogarty what if you could add 10m of length to your kick - what does that do to your pay packet?

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Spot the Nice guy
1616846256905.png

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Individual sportsman pay for their own coaches. Our forwards should consider their personal returns on investment in paying Rocca personally to coach them.

casboult - fix your kicking again - get another contract. McKay 70 - 80% conversion - add 30% to your contract. Fisher, Fogarty what if you could add 10m of length to your kick - what does that do to your pay packet?
100% agree. It's be a tax deduction too.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
Politically MLG can not sack Teague. Teague is his appointment and if he loses Teague, his presidency is a carcass blowing in the wind-so I think a rehash of the assistants is almost the next and last iteration of the MLG/Teague era-without success both will be gone by the end of 2022

Politically MLG can not sack Teague. Teague is his appointment and if he loses Teague, his presidency is a carcass blowing in the wind-so I think a rehash of the assistants is almost the next and last iteration of the MLG/Teague era-without success both will be gone by the end of 2022
MLG's term as president ends at the end of the year doesn't it?

J-dog

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
People need to chill out a bit.
1 good game and 1 s**t game that we could have won. 20 still to go. We aren't winning the title this year but it can still be a very good year.

Teague has us playing the most cohesive game we have since Ratten and while the weaknesses are obvious they are fixable. The improvement so far is obvious and more improvement will come with more games played.

Whilst people say he plays favourites he is challenging our fringe players to take away spots from Murphy/Casboult etc but they are not playing the role. I've never seen Cunningham or O'Brien do anything to demand a spot. None of Philp, Ramsey, Honey, etc have demanded a spot. Philp got reward early but hasn't starred since.
Gov hasn't demanded Levi's spot. Gibbons, Cotterel and Owies all got rewarded and only Gibbons hasn't struggled too much thus he is in the team. Dow is being rewarded now. Polson used to get rewarded.
The only great unknowns are Stocker and Kemp, and injury and attitude are well known as the reasons why.

Give it a rest people. Rome wasn't built in a day and so long as we keep seeing improvement people should just cool their jets and enjoy watching the team develop even if it is a little slow.

J-dog

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
It's tripe thinking like this that keeps us in the mire.

If MLG did nothing about changing a coach he is damned for being stubborn, and if he does change coach he has no faith in what he has built, even though the club, gameplan and list are in the best shape they've been in since Ratts was coach (I'd even argue since 2000).

How about you just get a decent sleep and see if you feel better in the morning?

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Pressures on the players right now not the coach imo
As the coach will not be sacked this year even if the lacklustre performances continuue .
Players where adamant they wanted Teague so some self ownership needs to be shown especially after the latest game .
Weve now lost 6 of the past 7 premiership season games dating back to the end of last season .

Mentioned last year we needed to drop some name players to make a statement to the list as you just cant keep sacking coaches if performances are sub standard .

Believe that is even more in need right now
Im looking at Marc Murphy Ed and Cas to be transitioned out well before the end of the season .
Ditch the bruise free footy and lets get physical .

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Spot on Exactly my Point.

For all Cameron’s fury the message is diluted by Coniglio being the least inspiring speaker I’ve ever heard in a footy leadership position.

Get Ross the Boss in as a Teague ruthlessness coach. Famous for not tolerating lack of effort from his players.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
IMO It isn't time to be overly concerned - more that we need to tinker with things to ensure the right balance.
Our gameplan isn't tailored to our list, we don't win enough clean ball or have enough quality users to play as an attacking gameplan as we do.
The Pies shielded their defensive group well & in the end would have a few players contesting with Harry once he started becoming dangerous, meanwhile the Pies were able to find lead up options almost at will whenever entering f50, we didn't really do much to stop this..

I'm not sure that a defensive group containing Doc, Willo & SPS can work particularly when played behind a leaky midfield.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Teague needs time to get things right. His coaching against Collingwood was shocking in regards to tactics and player selection. There is a lot to learn there and if he's any good he will learn something.

The assistants need looking at. A trusted senior assistant with tactical nouse would be valuable.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Teague needs time to get things right. His coaching against Collingwood was shocking in regards to tactics and player selection. There is a lot to learn there and if he's any good he will learn something.

The assistants need looking at. A trusted senior assistant with tactical nouse would be valuable.
The problem for Teague is that after sacking Bolton four years into a rebuild, he doesn't have much more time to get things right. The appointment of a new coach didn't re-set the clock, it was to increase the trajectory. He's just started his second full season and while it's early, he'd want a few wins on the board pretty quickly.

Back