Player Watch Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were more like the desperate bloke at a bar trying his hand at 2:45am on a young lass who has been all over some other bloke all night and is waiting for him to come back from the Gents so they can head on their merry way.
Absolutely spot on analogy. Much the same as Norf Melbournes trade week strategy every year also

Won’t necessarily be a nice experience for him, but like vomiting, best to get it over and done with and move on. Hopefully he can turn it around post football

Question is how long are we stuck with his wages in our salary cap..?

I hope all rumours are false about Beams because the stigma attached to them you would never lose mental health issues or not.

The biggest problem for Beams is the gambling because nearly every bad decision he makes leads back to his love of punting.
Sometimes apparent problems are actually symptoms. In Beam's case gambling may be a symptom of his mental health issues.

Yes the stigma will stay attached. Ce la vie. Ending it now is the best answer. Reducing the factors that trigger "relapses" is a key to that.

The co morbidity of mental health and addiction is a fact. Whether it is chicken or egg is subjective. I'd suggest susceptibility to addiction is connected to mental health, as well as other factors, so take the view the mental health is largely the chicken. In other words, young people with "strong" mental health are unlikely/far less likely/less likely to develop addiction issues than their fuggered up peers.

I wish Dane all the best. He was a good footballer. DAVE86 has a really good post raising the questions of his trade. For me the big question is did Eddie or some other individual have undue influence on the decision to recruit or was it an entire club decision. How could the issues that so many of us saw before hand not be seen by the club or was it a risk judged worth taking?

Where’s your source for that?

Overruled by Eddie on a trade decision?

I don’t believe that quite frankly. I want you to provide some evidence for this.

You clearly have an agenda. What username did you have before you got banned?

Evidence? This isn’t a movie, people aren’t wearing wires in personal conversations with friends.

Username before banned? I’ve read the site for years and never really posted, started an account last year. Does every poster need to have an account that dates back years and years?
I think we’ve had the same president at the club for far too long with a number of misses piling up in the last few years. I think he was an amazing president for a long period of time but is now past it, I also think the problems of late keep getting swept under the rug. Is there this the ‘agenda’ you refer to?

Have seen a few instagram vids he's put up focasing in his art... and really seems to be loving it.

His selling of his medal really took me by surprise and was really happy to see he was doing things his way... it was a symbol to me of him breaking the shackles... taking control of who he wants to be.

All signs to me are that he wants to move forward on his own road.

I did hear a rumour that he may announce his retirement this week, the source is irrelevant because it's a rumour and the source is not him, his wife or his kids...

but it does bring me to ask... is this really happening?

If he does retire, I will be happy for him. Taking control of his own road, in fact, carving it out with a bull dozer. If it's untrue, I hope he can find happiness back in a place he has struggled to find it for years.

Side by Side forever Beamer.

No matter what path you walk, I love ya.
If it is true that Beams annouces his retirement before the season starts, I just hope he is honest enough and says he has lost the desire the play the game and doesnt give the mental health excuse for the reason he is stopping.

Because clearly his mental health issues arent getting in the way of pursuing a new passion in art. And that is completely fine. If he wants to stop football and pursue a new career in art. That is all good and I wish him well with his future endeavours.

All I ask (or should I say hope) as a Collingwood member, is he give an honest answer that he is retiring because he is no longer willing to meet the standards required of a professional footballer.

He isnt the first Collingwood player to quit the club during preseason. Shannon Cox did it in 2009.

If it is true that Beams annouces his retirement before the season starts, I just hope he is honest enough and says he has lost the desire the play the game and doesnt give the mental health excuse for the reason he is stopping.

Because clearly his mental health issues arent getting in the way of pursuing a new passion in art. And that is completely fine. If he wants to stop football and pursue a new career in art. That is all good and I wish him well with his future endeavours.

All I ask (or should I say hope) as a Collingwood member, is he give an honest answer that he is retiring because he is no longer willing to meet the standards required of a professional footballer.

He isnt the first Collingwood player to quit the club during preseason. Shannon Cox did it in 2009.

Can’t say I agree. Mental health and addiction is reasonable enough justification for Beams retirement. The added pressure of being a high profile trade, playing for the biggest club, in the biggest sporting competition in the land... that stress is not about to make his already difficult life any easier. Certainly more grounds for relapse than painting.

Painting would be a complete escape in comparison to the requisites, data and scrutiny applied to a training session...let alone game day

What ever the rumours about the man, wether true or not, l hope he is gracious when he calls time.
For the club and the players and beams himself l hope it’s soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughie said in the press conference today that Beam will be welcomed back with open arms. ;)

I've joined the wild bush horses. And I'm worth stacks more than a thousand pounds.
All the cracks had gathered to the fray (sounds a lot like the Beams thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back