Rumour Dees shopping around Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Dees are shopping around Hogan and Jesse doesnt know. Very low key. Freo have been approached the and couldnt believe their luck. Were into him with Neale involved last year so could come up again.

Dees are shopping around Hogan and Jesse doesnt know. Very low key. Freo have been approached the and couldnt believe their luck. Were into him with Neale involved last year so could come up again.
Neale wasn't shopped around at all last year.

On a slightly related note, not that he doesn't have his reasons (father's illness, possible homesickness), does anyone else think Hogan's body language is detrimental to the Dees? It's pretty shocking.

His team mates may not care

Doesn't look ideal from the outside looking in though)

I would love this to be true just from a freo selfish point of view.

Freos first rounder likely a top 5 pick I would be more comfortable trading for some one like hogan rather than Mitch McGovern.

In saying that I think ur talking out ur Ahole but I can dream.

If it were true it's not that low key as it's been mentioned on a few media platforms.
No way I'd want to lose him. Kicked 85 goals across his first 2 seasons. I'd be wanting more than a top 5 pick.

On a slightly related note, not that he doesn't have his reasons (father's illness, possible homesickness), does anyone else think Hogan's body language is detrimental to the Dees? It's pretty shocking.

His team mates may not care

Doesn't look ideal from the outside looking in though)
Yes, I think Hogan is problematic to the team. I think players worry about his state of mind - and he can get very negative and mopey if things aren't going his way. If we could do a trade for a decent player or high pick, I'd take it. I'm a bit over the drama and I think he's a bit overrated for what he actually offers the team.

Hogan >>>> Mitch McGovern

When he's on song, you could build an attack around Hogan; whereas McGovern is not really a number one KPF.

To be fair to Hogan, he's had to go through a huge amount of trauma with his father's death and his own cancer battle, all without his family around him. A lot of people would struggle to manage their emotions in that situation. Maybe returning home would balance him out.

Yes, I think Hogan is problematic to the team. I think players worry about his state of mind - and he can get very negative and mopey if things aren't going his way. If we could do a trade for a decent player or high pick, I'd take it. I'm a bit over the drama and I think he's a bit overrated for what he actually offers the team.
His hype certainly doesn't match his output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a bit harsh to say he's not lived up to expectation. This year is a write off. The poor bloke had a horrible year personally.
His first two years of playing yielded over 80 goals and a rising star award. He'd be ahead of the usual key forward at 50 games.
I'm backing him to become an elite key forward once he gets a decent run.

I know all's fair in business but ... I think it'd be pretty low of Melbourne to do that to him after this year. He is going to be a star anyway

Our shop is open for business. I'd trade out 2 of ours (Tabener and Langdon?) and a late pick for Hogan.... to join Mccarthy + Kersten as our 3 talls :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back