Scandal Dees Punch on: May vs Melksham

Remove this Banner Ad

What did May expect after saying something like that though? I'm not condoning Melksham's behaviour as he's in the wrong too, but you don't say something like that to a teammate. It's not surprising he was floored.

It's not the first time he had a fight with a teammate after drinking so it's a pattern of behaviour.
I think everyone can acknowledge May is a knob in this incident.

But, it doesn’t seem like anyone is saying Melksham should receive a consequence?

Glossing over it with a ‘got what he deserves’ attitude is what enables and fuels young lads to carry out similar crap.

There would be people in jail right now for whacking blokes and doing serious damage and we’d shake our heads if their excuse was ‘He was talking s**t about me’

Where do you draw the line? Assault is assault.

Anyway, before anyone tells me to harden up I just find it puzzling Melksham has walked away with no consequence.

But, it doesn’t seem like anyone is saying Melksham should receive a consequence?

Glossing over it with a ‘got what he deserves’ attitude is what enables and fuels young lads to carry out similar crap.

There would be people in jail right now for whacking blokes and doing serious damage and we’d shake our heads if their excuse was ‘He was talking s**t about me’

Anyway, before anyone tells me to harden up I just find it puzzling Melksham has walked away with no consequence.
Yep - not a good look at all. Doesn't matter what someone says, you can't punch someone, Melksham should be sitting out for a few weeks.

Maybe, but he's in the top 5 in terms of his importance to his team

I think the wheels have fallen off

Poor form and catty in-fighting, not good

The bye can't come soon enough for the ragged Dees
He’s now top 5 for sitting on and having to watch on next Monday instead of playing. And maybe top altogether for now having 2 teammates reminding him to keep his mouth shut after he’s had a few shandies!

Yep - not a good look at all. Doesn't matter what someone says, you can't punch someone, Melksham should be sitting out for a few weeks.
Tbf I've met Steven May, he's one of the few AFL players I've spoken to for more than a couple minutes. His banter is very much taking the piss out of people around him and himself. I don't think he's a dick, he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Not a great thing to say to someone obviously but Melksham's response is a delistable offence as far as I'm concerned. Interested to see Gawn's take on the situation, hopefully he doesn't drone out a robotic, media curated response and is genuine with his takes.

Tbf I've met Steven May, he's one of the few AFL players I've spoken to for more than a couple minutes. His banter is very much taking the piss out of people around him and himself. I don't think he's a dick, he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Not a great thing to say to someone obviously but Melksham's response is a delistable offence as far as I'm concerned. Interested to see Gawn's take on the situation, hopefully he doesn't drone out a robotic, media curated response and is genuine with his takes.
You really think that was all that was said? Do you think Melksham knocked May out over one comment? Get your hand off it
That comment probably was the one that broke the camels back
How do I back this up you ask?
Entrecote restaurant have posted on social media mentioning May and MFC and expecting an apology
Melksham is not mentioned, that tells me May was very poorly behaved and the restaurant is filthy at him and the club.

The ugly fallout from Steven May and Jake Melksham’s fight on Sunday night inside a Melbourne restaurant has continued, with Melksham requiring surgery on his hand.
The Demons confirmed on Wednesday Melksham had undergone surgery to clean up an infection in his hand that had occurred as a result of Sunday’s altercation at Entrecote restaurant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May is a bit of a goose, but anyone who watched him on the couch a couple of weeks ago would know he's not an intellectual Pygmy.

I hope the wheels are falling off though. All the talk of players reporting for pre season training in amazing condition, and breaking time trial records etc etc did make me think they might be getting ahead of themselves. One can only hope! Haha
There might be a bit of the old Jekyll and Hyde going on with May after a few sherbets. Many an intellectual giant has morphed into a goose after a few.

The ugly fallout from Steven May and Jake Melksham’s fight on Sunday night inside a Melbourne restaurant has continued, with Melksham requiring surgery on his hand.
The Demons confirmed on Wednesday Melksham had undergone surgery to clean up an infection in his hand that had occurred as a result of Sunday’s altercation at Entrecote restaurant.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Actually that applies to both Melksham and May.

I'm certainly not saying what Melksham did is right, but May was suspended for drinking under concussion protocols. It's up to Melbourne to make that decision and they've decided against it. It's pointless for us to advocate for a fringe player like Melksham to be suspended given he is probably not going to play seniors for Melbourne again. There doesn't need to be an official consequence for us to know that his internal standing in the team has probably become untenable. Both were in the wrong and neither will be playing on Monday.

To be honest I’ve been to Entrecôte and it can be infuriating. I’m not surprised Jakey threw down

The world needs Jake Melksham now more than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back