Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone can see you're spouting a load of embarrassing garbage and being an apologist for human trash.

Nobody cares about your preaching about "rehabilitation". This is about justice, and only an utterly broken society like the state of Victoria would allow a subhuman piece of garbage get away with literally king-hitting a person, which could've easily killed them.

Nobody cares if prison wouldn't rehabilitate this person. Prison is simply where subhuman trash belongs. Anyone who thinks it's ok to indiscriminately hit people in the head does not deserve freedom.

"rehabilitation" has gotten a lot of innocent people killed by examples of human trash like this.

Clubs/Bars can be crowded and loud understand if a scuffle broke up with a misunderstanding and a punch was thrown.

The fact he waited outside for him targeted him and hit him from behind and avoids a Jail sentence? wow.

I don't think it is much of a stretch to argue that they could have been charged with attempted murder.

Further, I find it very hard to believe that this was the first time this person has done this, whether caught, convicted or whatever.

Prisons are very far from perfect but frankly I don't give a s**t if they are in place to protect the rest of society from these campaigners.
Yep, 100%

Everyone can see you're spouting a load of embarrassing garbage and being an apologist for human trash.

Nobody cares about your preaching about "rehabilitation". This is about justice, and only an utterly broken society like the state of Victoria would allow a subhuman piece of garbage get away with literally king-hitting a person, which could've easily killed them.

Nobody cares if prison wouldn't rehabilitate this person. Prison is simply where subhuman trash belongs. Anyone who thinks it's ok to indiscriminately hit people in the head does not deserve freedom.

You’re arguing cross purposes.

You are going straight to ‘an eye for an eye’.

Some others are engaging in a discussion around the question ‘What could the criminal justice system be doing to help avoid incidents like this happening in the first place?’. It’s a very reasonable discussion to have.

Your ‘just lock the scumbags up’ is one possible answer. Fair enough. But be careful what you wish for. There are societies that are more inclined to do it that way, but they also have higher taxation and/or worse government services to pay for the higher incarceration rates. And they have far higher rates of false imprisonment. And they don’t have a lower crime rate.

I lived in America for a while. In the area we lived, at least one person was shot every day. Seeing that level of violence all the time... I could understand why lots of Americans carry guns for self-defence.(I have never owned a gun). If you did that in America, you'd be looking at a lot worse than a fine.

I lived in America too, you understand why people want a gun after you live there, completely changed my mind on the issue.

You’re arguing cross purposes.

You are going straight to ‘an eye for an eye’.

Some others are engaging in a discussion around the question ‘What could the criminal justice system be doing to help avoid incidents like this happening in the first place?’. It’s a very reasonable discussion to have.

Your ‘just lock the scumbags up’ is one possible answer. Fair enough. But be careful what you wish for. There are societies that are more inclined to do it that way, but they also have higher taxation and/or worse government services to pay for the higher incarceration rates. And they have far higher rates of false imprisonment. And they don’t have a lower crime rate.
I haven't seen the deportation option mentioned at all.
let the joints that created them have the rehabilitation responsibility.

I'd throw him in a very special room and throw away the key. If he wants to sit down, sleep or use the toilet there would be spikes. No computer, mobile phones or even a magazine to keep him occupied.

None of that undoes what happened.

People ITT are being a little eager to get out the electric chair.

I haven't seen the deportation option mentioned at all.
let the joints that created them have the rehabilitation responsibility.
Do you even know where the campaigner was born?

Everyone that came here post invasion is a land theef. Deport them all11!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

And their kids!!!

Grandkids!

etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you even know where the campaigner was born?

Everyone that came here post invasion is a land theef. Deport them all11!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

And their kids!!!

Grandkids!

etc...

Geez you'd love my idea of what to do with offenders who are underaged and unable to be charged for their crimes...

Geez you'd love my idea of what to do with offenders who are underaged and unable to be charged for their crimes...
I have a mate who was speared thru the leg for insulting an elder of his nation. Cost him a high level rugby/league career. He accepts his punishment, especially now decades later as he's becoming an elder of his nation. Still spins me out but ...

Look the thing is that you need to remember they're human and the punishment you dish out will have its own karma (ie a cause and effect relationship with events in the future).

People want to lash out in revenge, its understandable, but look at the consequences of that in Gaza right now.

If I had the opportunity ... well I'm not gonna say what I'd do to the pricks that belted Jack if I had the opportunity but ultimately that makes me no different. I'd do my time without whinging but I'd expect my lawyer to do everything they could to keep me out as well.

When are you off to prison then?

I don't like these campaigners either but they're human, not sub human. Don't bring your nazi master race s**t into this or use my footy club as an excuse to spout your crap.
I don’t have any criminal history. If I premeditate an attack on your brother or sister or mother and nearly kill them, will you stand by my side and protest that I don’t belong in the cells?

Rehabilitation is just ONE purpose of prison.
I don't think it is on the real list
It is also to provide JUSTICE for the victim,
nope
DETER other potential criminals
nope
and PROTECT society from a thug who bashes strangers.
nope
prison is not about rehabilitation or justice or safety, its not an actual deterrent

it is great for cheap slave labor, the private companies that are getting into running them make a tidy profit off them but lets not pretend prisons are actually good

great way to avoid addressing the reasons people break the law though, great way to be "seen" to be doing something

but yeah you'd think of prisons worked we'd have less problems with crime :think:

I don't think it is on the real list

nope

nope

nope

prison is not about rehabilitation or justice or safety, its not an actual deterrent

it is great for cheap slave labor, the private companies that are getting into running them make a tidy profit off them but lets not pretend prisons are actually good

great way to avoid addressing the reasons people break the law though, great way to be "seen" to be doing something

but yeah you'd think of prisons worked we'd have less problems with crime :think:

This is a wild take.

What is your idea to replace prisons with for violent criminals?

Do you think we'd have less crime if we didn't have prisons? :think:

This is a wild take.

What is your idea to replace prisons with for violent criminals?

Do you think we'd have less crime if we didn't have prisons? :think:
Well we don't have less crime with prisons and recidivism ratesbare high so the protect community and rehabilitation arguments you made aren't real

Prisons don't solve the root cause of crime, neither do more cops

Well we don't have less crime with prisons and recidivism ratesbare high so the protect community and rehabilitation arguments you made aren't real

What an odd take on the world.

So we let Martin Bryant and bendahli debs out of prison and try and talk them out of murdering more people?

Incentivise them maybe? Go three years without murdering people and you get a free tv. But just one murder and we reset the clock.

What an odd take on the world.

So we let Martin Bryant and bendahli debs out of prison and try and talk them out of murdering more people?

Incentivise them maybe? Go three years without murdering people and you get a free tv. But just one murder and we reset the clock.
Hey look at the strawman argument good for you.

If prisons rehabilitate people why do so many end up in prison again?

Why are they more likely to escalate after being in prison?

Why do they commit crime in the first place if prison is a deterrent?

Where is the justice for victims?

Punishment isn't justice, retribution maybe, but not justice.

How does the prison system actually fix the problems it's sold as fixing?

Poverty is a much larger driver of crime than anything, imagine if all the money that went to prisons and cops instead went into communities and programs instead.

We know it works because everywhere they ever try it, it works.

Don't build society around Martin Bryant

Hey look at the strawman argument good for you.

If prisons rehabilitate people why do so many end up in prison again?

Why are they more likely to escalate after being in prison?

Why do they commit crime in the first place if prison is a deterrent?

Where is the justice for victims?

Punishment isn't justice, retribution maybe, but not justice.

How does the prison system actually fix the problems it's sold as fixing?

Poverty is a much larger driver of crime than anything, imagine if all the money that went to prisons and cops instead went into communities and programs instead.

We know it works because everywhere they ever try it, it works.

Don't build society around Martin Bryant

lol at its core it’s such a non sensical argument.

Seatbelts don’t save lives, people still die driving

Fruits not really good for you, i just got diagnosed with a terminal condition

But you are correct about 2 points

- whilst the judges say the justice system’s first aim is rehabilitation, it doesn’t work

- poverty accentuates crime

I was in a siege once. Held hostage, threatened at knife point. People (kids) I was with were doused in petrol. The guy went to prison, got out 20 years later and then killed his partner with an axe to the head.

How many people were saved for locking him up for 20 years? No “social” program was fixing him.

Prison is there to keep monsters off the street. If the guy I spoke of stayed in prison as he should have, there would be one less victim of domestic violence

Nor does capital punishment.

If that’s no deterrent, then nothing is.

lol at its core it’s such a non sensical argument.

Seatbelts don’t save lives, people still die driving

Fruits not really good for you, i just got diagnosed with a terminal condition

But you are correct about 2 points

- whilst the judges say the justice system’s first aim is rehabilitation, it doesn’t work

- poverty accentuates crime

I was in a siege once. Held hostage, threatened at knife point. People (kids) I was with were doused in petrol. The guy went to prison, got out 20 years later and then killed his partner with an axe to the head.

How many people were saved for locking him up for 20 years? No “social” program was fixing him.

Prison is there to keep monsters off the street. If the guy I spoke of stayed in prison as he should have, there would be one less victim of domestic violence
here is the thing though
the vast majority of people in prisons are not those people

like the vast majority

there are people in prison for unpaid fines because they are homeless
and I don't mean one or two

like I said, you don't build society for Martin Bryant, but that's the argument you are making by only talking about extreme cases like they justify locking everyone else up / like they are the only people that get locked up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back